What did you do to your LS today?

I have been pulled over three times in the past six weeks for only tint. March 22nd the laws changed here in Ohio giving officers plenty of ammunition to write citations at will. Today was my boiling point. The cop that pulled me over the first time pulled me over today again while all my windows were down. Then cited me anyways when I started to argue with him since pulling someone over with 'suspicion of still having tint on your front windows' is the most bogus thing I have ever heard.

i got a ticket yesterday for mine. and i have a prescription. ha.

Plasti dipped the upper grille.

IMAG0682.jpg

IMAG0682.jpg

Luk, I noticed this the other day and I was just in the Hite heat shield thread and saw your install again.

Your hood is ajar on the right side front, you should take that heat shield back out and remove the rubber trim, take a pair of metal shears and trim about 1/2 inch off the top all around. It's currently sitting too high and causing your hood to sit a bit lopsided.

I had same problem with mine but yours is sitting much higher than how mine went in.
You can see the gap on your hood on the right side, it's being forced shut on the heatshield.

Trim it down a bit ... ~ just a thought.

I didn't think it was the heatshield because it has no problem closing. thanks for the heads up. I'll fix it this weekend.

It looks like it to me, just double check before you start cutting it. mine sat a little high as well causing the hood to sit up a bit on that side. It could also be the hood dampener stop got turned out too much, maybe it's sitting on that instead.

There are two holes on the heat shield where it bolts to the wheel well inside. I do believe it's top hole is supposed to be lined up with the top screw mount on the wheel well tower. Maybe double check that as well.

Yours is definitely sitting very high, I can tell by just how it sticks up about an inch where it meets the front sight plastics.
I ended up taking a dremel to the plastic as well and shaved the contour deeper in, allowing the heat shield to fit a little better.

... up to you of course.

Replaced the dccv
My ac finally Blows out cold air
Gonna add another bottle of refrigerant This weekend to fill up the system

...Gonna add another bottle of refrigerant This weekend to fill up the system

Just be aware that too much refrigerant is worse than too little refrigerant. You really want to have just the right amount. For that you need high and low side gauges and the right pressure chart.

Washed, clayed, sealed, waxed my ls, she's looking real good right now. The last time i washed her was a month ago :(

Sucks about your tint bull. I just removed my two fronts but the cop didn't notice my winshield so I got away with not taking that one off. I also got a fix it for having HID bulbs in my "halogen" headlights, illegal because they are not HID projectors. When I went to the correcton officer to tell him I had legal, stock HID reflector headlights, he responded, no, they are still blue, you can't have that, it's still illegal. I have 5000k bulbs, pue white, what they were seeing were my 6000k angel eyes :slap:

Replaced the dccv
My ac finally Blows out cold air
Gonna add another bottle of refrigerant This weekend to fill up the system

Just be aware that too much refrigerant is worse than too little refrigerant. You really want to have just the right amount. For that you need high and low side gauges and the right pressure chart.

Joe is right, too much causes damage to involved components, in this cause it's best to take it to a professional shop.
Too many people go out and buy the cans and end up over charging the system causing damage down the road.

A good shop will extract the old refrigerant and perform a leak test prior to refill. worth the money to have it done correctly unless you have your own fill tools and know what you are doing.

Washed and dried and tires shined. Put back in the garage. Gonna make a junkyard run in the morning then to a car cruise later.

Don't be coming back with no pics I tell ya! ... Enjoy.

lol

Took the car in for an oil change, transmission fluid exchange and a coolant flush. They refused to do transmission flush because it had a sticker on it that said do not remove sticker or warranty is voided. Apparently I have to take it to a Ford dealer to get that done. Found out why steering wheel was shaking - bad right front wheel bearing/hub assembly - got that fixed and car rides smooth again. Went window shopping for rims and tires. Had been thinking about 18's with 235/45's, wanting to keep diameter the same, but joining this forum may have ruined me - too many pics of LS's sitting on 20's has me thinking the 18's look too small.

Sucks about your tint bull. I just removed my two fronts but the cop didn't notice my winshield so I got away with not taking that one off. I also got a fix it for having HID bulbs in my "halogen" headlights, illegal because they are not HID projectors. When I went to the correcton officer to tell him I had legal, stock HID reflector headlights, he responded, no, they are still blue, you can't have that, it's still illegal. I have 5000k bulbs, pue white, what they were seeing were my 6000k angel eyes :slap:

I still have my windshield and all my rears. I plan to retint my fronts to 35 or 50% and hope that's enough for me to be left alone.

Sucks about your headlights. Sounds like a d*ck of a cop like the one I dealt with. Did they end up dropping it?

Washed, clayed, sealed, waxed my ls, she's looking real good right now. The last time i washed her was a month ago :(

What a load of crap, some cops are a joke. Fight it! Surely there is no way for them to make that stick though. New BMWs and their LED angel eyes are very blue, close to 6000K I'd say - same with Audis, 5500K. I doubt police dept's even have the equipment needed to measure the color temperature of headlights, so how would they even prove they are not legal?

My on-topic contribution: Oil and filter change, and fuel filter change.

Discovered a small oil pan leak (won't bother), and what appears to be a receiver/dryer leak on one of the lines that run down and then back up, in front of the passenger front LCA. The mesh sleeving on one line was all gunked up and oily, all the way up to some meal fitting.

I also ended up damaging my wheel well, where the fender liner attaches at the top. The hole was already rusted away, and completely disintegrated once I removed the push-pin. F*king salt and rust. I am afraid my LS doesn't have much longer left :(

I put in the K&N CAI. Not bad for someone with limited mechanic skills. Just hope it works o.k.

2013-05-18_17-41-41_656.jpg

2013-05-18_17-41-41_656.jpg

I gotta see if any turned out and I'll put some up. It was a lil crowded at times. There was always groups of people blocking the view.

Went to a car show at the local ford dealdership yesterday. I parked over in the corner because I feel that my car is all ****ed up (SWWWIRRRLLLL marks from car washes over the winter, NEVER AGAIN!). People started wandering over there to look at my car haha. Made me feel gewd :p But seriously, I need to get it to a detailer ASAP

Made new beauty boards for the trunk set-up. Re-doing the trunk set-up. Also dropped off the new parts to have everything painted. The LS will be finised before the LS meet. I will post pictures of everything afterr the meet. Let those members that attend see it first.:N

I painted over the chrome on the grille and license plate surround, those plastic trunk panel screws are a pain, but it was worth it,also got the KKM True rev kit, and will soon put on new magnaflow mufflers.

IMG_20130517_175513.jpgback.jpg

Thinking about getting some 06 wheels thoughts?

IMG_20130517_175513.jpg

back.jpg

Thinking about getting some 06 wheels thoughts?

In my opinion, not worth it unless you get lucky and get them for a steal They're relatively hard to find and if you do they wont be cheap. You could probably upgrade to some nice used jag wheels or aftermarket wheels for about the same money. My $.02

In my opinion, not worth it unless you get lucky and get them for a steal They're relatively hard to find and if you do they wont be cheap. You could probably upgrade to some nice used jag wheels or aftermarket wheels for about the same money. My $.02

well they are in decent shape, 3 of them for $40 a wheel, no tires. then i could wait until i find a fourth. I think its a pretty good price.

Members online

No members online now.
Back