What did you do to your LS today?

I have been pulled over three times in the past six weeks for only tint. March 22nd the laws changed here in Ohio giving officers plenty of ammunition to write citations at will. Today was my boiling point. The cop that pulled me over the first time pulled me over today again while all my windows were down. Then cited me anyways when I started to argue with him since pulling someone over with 'suspicion of still having tint on your front windows' is the most bogus thing I have ever heard.

Had my 4 wheel alignment done today after the front Eibach Springs had a chance to settle.

attachment.jpg

Anyone able to tell me if these numbers look about right ?

I'll try again, anyone able to tell me if the above numbers look ok ? within 1 degree should be fine ?

is that all the adjustment they could get out of the front? if so, that is probably as good as it gets with doing something to get more adjustably.

Does it not look right to you Chris?
They said it was within Spec for this car. I myself was concerned that the Camber is listed in red but then read online that as long as it's within one degree.

Really don't want to start wearing out the new tires unevenly.

no, this looks real similar to other LS's with Eibach springs.
eibach sells an alignment kit for the front that is supposed to help with that front alignment though.
might be worth looking into, i'm not sure how it works. eccentric washers i think.

thanks Chris, I had understood that it would be real close to get this set up right and that it would even take two men to do so.
If it's within spec I'll keep an eye on the tire wear. Thanks again!

Very Nice, Did you do it yourself, rattle can it? or have a body shop did it?

I rattle canned it myself with paint from Paintscratch.com. G-Rell's tutorial helped me through the process.
I used 1 12oz can of self etching primer, 2 cans of base coat, 2 cans of midcoat, 1 can of catalyzed clearcoat, 400/600/1000 grit sandpaper, and cutting creme.

I'll try again, anyone able to tell me if the above numbers look ok ? within 1 degree should be fine ?

That looks good. You're less than 1º negative on the camber, which is acceptable. Just be sure to rotate your tires every 5K miles or so. Mine's been like that for a while now with tire wear not unexpected.

no, this looks real similar to other LS's with Eibach springs.
eibach sells an alignment kit for the front that is supposed to help with that front alignment though.
might be worth looking into, i'm not sure how it works. eccentric washers i think.

The Eibach (or any other similar kit) consists of concentric bolts.

My diff has been changing itself for the past couple months. I just have to add fluid, never had this feature on a car before.

I have been pulled over three times in the past six weeks for only tint. March 22nd the laws changed here in Ohio giving officers plenty of ammunition to write citations at will. Today was my boiling point. The cop that pulled me over the first time pulled me over today again while all my windows were down. Then cited me anyways when I started to argue with him since pulling someone over with 'suspicion of still having tint on your front windows' is the most bogus thing I have ever heard.

I wonder what it's like to not be a real cop. Like what do you do, go home and when your wife asks you how was your day do you take a long drag off a cigarette and say "Made a guy take his window tint off...so you know...pretty much saved the world. State or local if you don't mind me asking. The whole suspicion of still having tint on your front windows is indeed a load of crap, and typically I'd say fight that but it looks like you would just be getting pulled over again.

I am sorry, but not surprised to hear this. Ohio and Virginia are some downright nazis.

It's not perfect but good for my first custom paint project. I'd say the match is about 90% on, it's a little darker. Tricoat is hard to match perfect.

IMG_20130507_191939_408_zps02eea969.gif

IMG_20130507_191815_656_zps25734930.gif

I'll admit it, I hate the gen I front, but you did a real good job making it look good. That chrome strip is right out of the 90's. Also, I'd stick with the full front fogs rather than those holes you cut out.

IMG_20130510_190717_747.jpg

Big day planned. Jag tower with motorcraft thermostat, clockspring, cabin filter, ngk plugs, and oil change. Rear wheel bearing later this week.

IMG_20130510_190717_747.jpg

Nice +1 on the Jag Thermostat housing upgrade.

we got in to the thick of it on this page here: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?88570
towards the bottom, there is plenty of info on upgrading to the Jaguar Thermostat Housing.

You are going to need that "special" wrench to get to the two back bolts. Telling you now, she's tight.

Changed plugs and coils so no more mist when sitting at the stop lights. Next to see whats rattling when riding over speed bumps.

Let's see I finished up the drivers side rear knuckle and brakes, the passenger side brake on the other hand....I actually had to leave and sit here for awhile till I cool off...the caliper piston just won't go in!!!! AHHHH!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back