What did you do to your LS today?

What a day to found out that the base sound system has no 8 pin connector built in. So I have the rear sub amp in place at the rear (easily snaps into the back connector at the driver side of the trunk) Build an 8 pin harness with the rca jacks and 7805 voltage regulator to eliminate the thump when turning on/off. To my surprise when I remove the HU, there's no 8 pin! Guess I have to go find another wiring layout (this might be postponed until the weather gets warmer, luckily I didn't spend the time installing the sub woofer speakers)

The premium speakers did perform well with my swap, the volume level is not the same as my new front one (pioneer 3 way) but it complemented the bass since these speakers don't distort at mid to high level volume. Quite satisfied with the bass right now so postponing these sub woofer project is just OK.

I will have to check again but, I thought there was a plastic cavity that they fit into.

the base system is just a plain speaker inserted in the door cavity, mine is rusted and the cone is warped due to moisture. The premium speaker is fully enclosed in plastic and has a separate tweeter speaker. I wasn't able to take a picture of the premium one today, iphone ran out of juice. The premium speaker doesn't distort at mid to high volume level, whereas the base since it's using the door as the baffle distorts a lot.

I took mine out and got er all cleaned up. but on the way home it had a misfire and the check .engine light came on...back to lincoln I go

Finished putting the Stances in. All that's left is to button up an end link and rear link bolt and find wheels and tires that clear the brakes.Car has an offer for $8500 for it right now that I accepted. Hope the guy comes through as it would make a helluva down patment on a bike or put a huge dent in student loans.

Btw, if this deal goes through. Will have CDC and McLaren grille up for sale along with 3 shock tower caps (2 regular and the one that covers everything). Everything else is going with it, except the tuner, transferring that to the Exploder. Stay tuned.

McLaren, you say?

Put the snow tires on the rear today, while on the lift finally took a few pictures of the exhaust

exhaust 2.jpg

exhaust.jpg

exhaust.jpg

exhaust 2.jpg

Dropped it off at Ford to have the injection cleaned and a new fuel filter plus a coil and plug probably. ..going thru diagnostic.

Ripped off the medium Oracal 8300, and had the tails re-done with Lamin-x in "tint."

DSC_3877_s.jpg

Ok...update...had number 8 coil and plug replaced, injectors cleaned new fuel filter replaced. They took it for a test drive and upon arriving back to the shop check eng light comes on and now need to replace number 1 and 5 coil and plugs. ..man this racking up! I would just get rid of it if i wasn't so in love with her...lol

sorry to hear buddy...worries me they didn't catch those the first time though!

They said they passed the stress test earlier may not used to the new fuel filter and clean injectors. ..lol

When oh when are people going to learn to just replace all the plugs and coils AT THE SAME TIME???????????? How many of these threads with people chasing a miss must we endure?

PEOPLE.......... WHEN ENCOUNTERING A MISS REPLACE ALL COILS AND PLUGS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When oh when are people going to learn to just replace all the plugs and coils AT THE SAME TIME???????????? How many of these threads with people chasing a miss must we endure?

PEOPLE.......... WHEN ENCOUNTERING A MISS REPLACE ALL COILS AND PLUGS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 Make sure to get the motorcraft ones! bought mine from autozone with a lifetime warranty and ive replaced them like 5-6 times.

Ford did it so they better me motorcraft....lol

But in your case the dealership only is replacing the ones that are failing. might as well save you the head ache and replace them all at once. and if I was you I would do it myself. its a very easy job, and will save you a lot of money.

Picked up a K&N drop in filter and put that in today! As well as cleaned the airbox and got rid of the front snorkel!
Noticed right away minimal power gains and a subtle deep growl out the exhaust while idling. When you push the gas, it purrs really nice for a 50$ filter and a snorkel delete!
Cheap, easy, and non permanent mod that I recommend for anyone who wants a cheap little upgrade!

Stickers!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386121473.991931.jpg
Filter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386121503.991435.jpg
Squeaky Clean!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386121513.791917.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386121473.991931.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386121503.991435.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386121513.791917.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back