What did you do to your LS today?

It could be the wiring to one of the wheel speed sensors. If the wiring is starting to fail, the sharp turn could have moved it just enough to cause a problem. You could try making a couple of sharp turns to see if it happens again. Also, on some cars these codes will be saved in the computer even after they've cleared. The dealer may be able to read the saved code.

It's a nice and warm 35 F here in Norfolk, but it's still too cold to wash the car. I usually take it to one of the automatic car washes where the vacuum and hand dry in the winter. After trying several places, I've found that they leave a lot fewer swirls than anywhere else (including a hand wash where the owner showes pictures bragging about the show cars he's detailed, then returned my car looking like it had been dried with sandpaper).

Norfolk
, NE.?

did a quick swap with my rear passenger side speaker, here's what I found speaker.jpg the speaker is "Made in USA" but the quality is worst than "Made in China". It's made of paper and the paper cone (WTF!) The picture doesn't do justice but the paper just warped over time.

So is this what we're paying for a 35k car?

speaker.jpg

Ya its working just fine. I looked back at some old threads and they all said FRD03-AUX/S.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...for-06-w-THX-Navigation&highlight=FRD03-AUX/S

My mistake..... I do have the 03-AUX/S. My problem is it doesn't load up immediately (as when I turn the car on) and will lose the signal after about 10 minutes and get a SERVICE SAT alert. If I turn the radio off then back on the SAT option will return and stay on. I talked to PIE tech and they didn't have an answer......

did a quick swap with my rear passenger side speaker, here's what I found; the speaker is "Made in USA" but the quality is worst than "Made in China". It's made of paper and the paper cone (WTF!) The picture doesn't do justice but the paper just warped over time.

So is this what we're paying for a 35k car?

Yes. ALL LSes have paper speakers.....

A friend of mine has aJag S same car he had Batt. problems set 2 days dead drive every day fine he put back seat down to put long item in trunk that nite he noticed trunk lite was on ! Fixed lite button and fixed battery problem ! worth a check !

Installed my air intake today thanks to LSEMEX, also got bad news that my harmonic balancer needs to be replaced -.-

Mine still sound great

The base audio system is made of cheap paper and it's not sealed, that's why it sounded like crap. I have 3 other cars that are all using JBL premium sound so I know the difference. So I went to the bone yard today, found 2 2002 LSes that were a week old (wrecked) Removed the premium door speakers from the rear and they're all sealed (same with the front) I also tried removing 2 of the rear subwoofers but damn those are made of cheap paper too and it's worthless (cracked) Luckily the other one has the Alpine aftermarket speaker, it's made of polymer and still looks good. Didn't realized I spent $40 for all 4 speakers today, plus I was able to get ahold of the stock sub amp for $10 too. This is my Black Friday deal! hopefully things will work out well.

The base audio system is made of cheap paper and it's not sealed, that's why it sounded like crap. I have 3 other cars that are all using JBL premium sound so I know the difference. So I went to the bone yard today, found 2 2002 LSes that were a week old (wrecked) Removed the premium door speakers from the rear and they're all sealed (same with the front) I also tried removing 2 of the rear subwoofers but damn those are made of cheap paper too and it's worthless (cracked) Luckily the other one has the Alpine aftermarket speaker, it's made of polymer and still looks good. Didn't realized I spent $40 for all 4 speakers today, plus I was able to get ahold of the stock sub amp for $10 too. This is my Black Friday deal! hopefully things will work out well.

Well, I have a 2006 and mine are sealed so that may make a difference. I have the base system.

Members online

No members online now.
Back