Separate names with a comma.
Trying to get it show worthy again.
Installed some Gen 2 LSE tails! I really like the way these look. Almost done with my Gen 2 LSE conversion. All I need now is the rear valance and/or color match my existing one.
And....just got the spoiler painted and installed. Nearly have a full LSE conversion. Just need the rear valance color matched. I haven't 100% confirmed if the Gen 2 LSE rear bumper valence is just a color matched version of the stock black one.
It is not. The LSE rear valence has a unique shape, like the sideskirts.
Got some tint tickets. Went through the wrong red light on the wrong street. Keep throwing money at her . In other news ordered some new wheels and tires rotiform LAS-R 19 by 8.5 being custom drilled for lug pattern hopefully they’ll look sweet
Working on paint.. wash, compound, polish, wax. Tedious!! Finished full LED light conversion interior and exterior. Running some Forscan tests... changed factories 17” for jaguar Tritons. Put in clear turn headlamps.
The 2006 LS sounds beautiful ...just a little modification ....this is so much better ...and I kept the stock $12.00 Thanks Ebay!
Meh....Better than the bubbled out lettering that was on there before I blacked it out ...also I'm starting to black out the silver ...going semi-gloss black ...kinda like the sheen look
[QUOTE="Better than the bubbled out lettering that was on there before I blacked it out [/QUOTE] This is something I need to do also. Kills me to open my doors and look at that awful deterioration that has happened to the lettering. How easy is it to remove and reinstall them? Do I need to purchase new clips when I do it?
Today I used a polishing compound on the headlights and they almost look new. I’ve had this car for three months. It is a 2002 LS V8. Took half the morning to wash and wax. It looks nice I think..
Fixed the yellow connector under the driver side seat on the Kleen. Airbag light gone. Replaced the struts on hood. Blacked out the lights on black g1 LSE bumper. Pretty productive day.
This is something I need to do also. Kills me to open my doors and look at that awful deterioration that has happened to the lettering. How easy is it to remove and reinstall them? Do I need to purchase new clips when I do it?[/QUOTE] You can pry the plastic up with a plastic pry bar so not to scrape the paint ...it pops right out...then pry the thin metal tabs up in the back and pop off the Lincoln letter plate ... wash the black plastic and allow to dry ...paint the metal lettering to your liking ...easy... peezy
Replaced the fuel filter ...make sure you use the quick disconnect tool for the 2006 LS
I just did my fuel filter the day before yesterday. I did the spark plugs as well. I used a K&N Fuel filter and was careful with stock plastic clips. I re used the clips.
Here, I just tried these. The rears are too wide 285 30 20. The rear rims are ten but I think the fronts at nine would fit nicely all around.
I was running high engine temp numbers after bleeding and bleeding and bleeding and bleeding the cooling system I decided to try something different...... seemed to lower the engine temps on the highway by atleast 10 degrees went from running at 217 to 210 and below easy
What is this?
Pretty much a homemade velocity stack and some flex pipe. the goal Was to lower operating temperatures so far it seems to be working great mainly on highways around town there’s rly no difference.
Hmm I’ve never seen that before. Is there a restriction on airflow? Cooling issue?
Google homemade velocity stacks and you'll get an idea of what he is trying to do with the air...this has been done before by other members on the forum ...
Is there any gains from doing this?
Yesterday, I installed a new upper control arm on the passenger side and it fought me the whole way. The arm bolt was stuck in the knuckle as if it was welded there by design. To break it loose, I first cooked the knuckle with a torch and then gave it some shock therapy with some ice water. A few rounds of that broke her loose. Although I had to remove the shock/ strut assembly to remove the bushing bolts, that ended up being a lot easier than expected. And of course, the threads on the stabilizer bar end link were stripped out and corroded so it took me a while to chase the threads just so I could get the nut off. But it was worth it. The car now drives great and with no banging sounds from the front end. The driver's side isn't making any noise (yet) but it's on my to-do list before winter sets in.
Being from one of the many real winter states I learned quickly to take advantage of the nice weather to do maintenance ...As you found out its best to keep things fresh ( especially suspension components) on our LSes ...glad to hear the ride is smoother