What did you do to your LS today?

New LS owner and thanks to the wealth of knowledge from many great members replaced my dccv and coolant change. All the information on this site is invaluable, thanks so much to all!

Test fitted my 06 bumper after priming it. Still needs a slight adjustment but its looking pretty nice as it stands lol.

GOPR3088.JPG

GOPR3091.JPG

GOPR3093.JPG

Replaced Head Light Housings, and Amber LED all Front positions.

Before:

After:

Gen 1's $120 bucks each complete assembly plug and play worth it IMO

Test fitted my 06 bumper after priming it. Still needs a slight adjustment but its looking ....

You best be color matching that top chrome piece of that grille while you got your pants down ... Errr I mean, have the paint out.

Don't make me take a load to BC and do it for ya! Scuff it up good and use etch primer on it before color then clear coat finish. Water sand, compound polish to a shine.

Looks good, can't wait to see all done up completely .... remember Joe posted a link to the round fogs for a Fusion that'll fit?

6000k LED in there and you're golden.

Last edited:
Grizzl, did that box say DEPO on it after all? Like I said before my aftermarket replacement lamps for my 01 said DEPO on the box and they fit perfectly.

Looks good, your old ones didn't look all that bad, could have been cleaned up but I understand very well, a fresh new set is much more fun.

I have a question re my 2006. My AC wasnt cooling properly so I purchased 3 cans of 134a and brought it to my Ford cert mechanic. When he hooked up the guages he was surprised to find more refrigerant than optimal in the system and became worried. I noticed in another thread that Joe warned against having too much in the system. Well. after bleeding some out, we still found that the cold air was marginal. a little cooler on the drivers side, but (Tommy) thinks that the blend door is not operating properly. In any case we decided that the compressor lasted 11 years and I was lucky it did. I noticed on the workshop manual that the compressor is described as a Visteon SC105V variable scroll. When I go to Rock and call up the part it was a YCC148 and described as having pistons instead of scrolls? The compressor, condensor and accumulator were ordered. Parts will arrive on the 24th and the installation will begin. Do you have any suggestions or tips? I value your input. We plan on changing out the expansion valve etc/ Also, can you point me to any online installation articles or videos? Have any of you done this replacement? Thanks.

The LS has no temperature blend door(s)!
The compressor is a variable capacity scroll. There are no piston type compressors for the LS.
See this thread for replacement of the thermal expansion valve: Dash Board Removal Thread
If I was doing all that, I'd replace the evaporator too.

The only way to measure how much refrigerant was in, is to recover it and weight it. Is this what he did? Or, was it just that he read the low side pressure and it was too high? That could be for reasons other than too much refrigerant. (Still, very bad idea to add any if the pressures are high.)

Grizzl, did that box say DEPO on it after all? Like I said before my aftermarket replacement lamps for my 01 said DEPO on the box and they fit perfectly.

Looks good, your old ones didn't look all that bad, could have been cleaned up but I understand very well, a fresh new set is much more fun.

Yep. If you were talking about the harness problem being a pin not fully seated, I figured that out too. So anyone else that does these, get a needle nose and give each pin a good tug to lock in place.

Took her in for a transmission service and now it looks like I'm facing a full rebuild. Servo bosses bored and everything. $2900.

Got to pick her up from the transmission shop today with a shiny new rebuilt transmission. Bored and sleeved with new electronics and the whole 9 yards. After much haggling, I'm $2400 poorer and 3 years/36,000 miles richer. Not too bad in my estimation and I'm just glad to have her back in the driveway.

Got to pick her up from the transmission shop today with a shiny new rebuilt transmission. Bored and sleeved with new electronics and the whole 9 yards. After much haggling, I'm $2400 poorer and 3 years/36,000 miles richer. Not too bad in my estimation and I'm just glad to have her back in the driveway.

New electronics?

You best be color matching that top chrome piece of that grille while you got your pants down ... Errr I mean, have the paint out.

Don't make me take a load to BC and do it for ya! Scuff it up good and use etch primer on it before color then clear coat finish. Water sand, compound polish to a shine.

Looks good, can't wait to see all done up completely .... remember Joe posted a link to the round fogs for a Fusion that'll fit?

6000k LED in there and you're golden.
i will be ! I already got the paint. I might just leave this one how it is because im buying the chrome waterfall grill off a guy near my place. Probably need to repaint the black though and if he has the gen 1 trunk lid spoiler ill be re paitning that too fresh

washed her up a bit today and double checked my coils on the driver's side for water in the plug wells due to the shitty weather but its all good...

if anyone has a link to the step by step thread that was made for the cowl gasket replacement let me know I can't find it lol.. I think I broke my wiper fluid hoses and fittings lol.. dammit!

GOPR3124.JPG

GOPR3113.JPG

Worked on the most tedious project thus far...painted the front of the engine cover a few weeks ago and now I'm working on bringing out the Lincoln symbol and V8 in relief. Got this far and then the third margarita kicked in. I'll post finished picks tomorrow after its done and clear coated.

20170415_184246.jpg

Got my '02 V8 back from the shop today, where it had undergone roughly 20 hours of surgery replacing all A/C components and flushing and recharging the system. Last Thursday, my boss and I were heading back to Jackson from Gulfport when the air coming out of the vents started to get warmer. My boss compensated by turning the temp down to 60. This resulted in the air getting hot, and the car suddenly losing power while the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. We got the car pulled off the side of the road just as the smoke from the melting belt started curling out of the engine bay.

After a call to AAA and a 2-hour wait, a flatbed arrived to carry the car the rest of the way home. I had them drop it off at Gateway Tire & Auto on Lake Harbour Drive in Ridgeland, MS, the shop I've used for all my cars for at least 10 years, and the only shop I trust.

They quoted me a little more than $1800 out the door for the compressor, dryer/receiver, expansion valve, etc. replacement, system flush and refill, and new belt. This included 9 hours of labor for the A/C work, which I presume is the book rate.

Saturday afternoon they called to tell me things were going well but would take a little longer than initially expected because they were being careful and going slow on the dash removal so as not to break any of the aging plastic components (just one of the many reasons I trust and appreciate these guys). I finally got the car back this afternoon. So far I've only driven it the 2 miles it takes to get home, but it's running (and cooling) great and the dash looks none the worse for wear. What's more, they didn't charge me for the additional labor, even though I know they probably spent at least twice as much time as they billed me for.

So if you're ever in the Jackson, MS area and need some work done, go to Gateway Tire & Auto at 795 Lake Harbour Drive, Ridgeland, MS 39157. (No, I don't work there and no, this is not a paid promotion. I just feel like these guys deserve props for the consistently high quality work, professionalism, and trustworthy business practices they've demonstrated over the years.)

Worked on the wife's 03 LS V8

Changed over from Winter wheels to Summer wheels, grinded down the calipers and spot painted, removed protective tape at door sills and foot well carpeting, cleaned up floor mats and threw the summers mats back in also. Cleaned inside door jams and interior glass throughout. Topped up the oil a touch, coolant level down again (still can't spot the leak), Wiped down the engine bay. Took it for a spin, topped up the fuel, added STP to tank, ran it through the touchless wash. Has developed an exhaust leak at the cross over pipe.

Runs great.

Hey Rollin, how critical is the weather stripping on the G1 LSE sides? Im buying from a guy off the group and it doesnt look like they have them. Ford part still in production?
Not sure. I bought a set that didn't have them. Went to junkyard and pulled a set out of a LS. I would rather have them then not. If anything, they would help with cabin noise.

Members online

Back