What did you do to your LS today?

Gave her a well deserved cleaning. May get a well deserved wax before the weekend is finished. 15th anniversary of purchase coming up soon. Still enjoy driving her, V8 torque hard to replace. TT Explorer accelerates like crazy but the LS accelerates while staying planted on the road.

Cammerfe, hope you feel better. Fight the good fight.

Replaced the broken passenger mirror. It was on ebay for about $30. Included the glass and plastic backing plate. It snapped right in.

20170530_161959.jpg

Today my new NEX 8200 Pioneer radio is going in, I'll have some before and afters later. I really wanted to get it in yesterday but I didn't have the necessary things to splice the wire for the steering wheel controls and couldn't bring myself to do it without the steering wheel. I'm too dependent upon it

Slapped on new Stabilizer end links today....didn't get rid of the creaking....I'm leaning toward the stupid shocks.

But did notice the back and forth feel is much tighter. The new links were at least double the thickness of the old ones, and greasable, and not dry and rusted....haha.
sounds like mevotech parts . wish they still sold rear lateral end links for a fair price. finding them for under a hundred a piece seems out of reach.

Put some fuel in it, spend some change on power spray rinse, took it to the Dentist office and beat on it on the home stretch. Parked it and that was all. Still runs like a trooper. +1

Total outing; 1596$
6$ coin spray wash.
40$ Premium Shell 91
1550$ two new crowns.

Nice. You do know if you trim the bush it'll make your deck look bigger LOL

What did you use on that?
Meguiars compound?

Replaced the drivers door plastic window regulator clips.
Details in post
Window Regulator - Plastic Runner Clips Available
just ordered the plastic dowell and peg for rear drivers side window today. Put the back of the passenger front seat back on (was off when I got the car) and checked the oil and coolant as it's been sitting for a while. Fluid levels ok so i dropped a battery in (old one wouldn't take a charge) started it up. Runs good for 230k+ miles but definitely needs some TLC. Rear driver side caliper is seized so I have that job to look forward to as well.

Nice. You do know if you trim the bush it'll make your deck look bigger LOL

What did you use on that?
Meguiars compound?

Haha no deck its just stairs going into the backyard.. were making the driveway bigger and putting a roof over the driveway as well.

I used a local product called Waxedshine WS One and WS 2 compound and polish.. I only compounded the drivers side and wiped it down. Going to do it in a garage because I was fighting dust all day.

Waxedshine.com | Car Care Manufacturer

^looks great! Always thought I'd get around to doing this but now I've got bigger fish to fry (front & rear suspension, rusty rockers). The sheet metal still looks nice though.

^looks great! Always thought I'd get around to doing this but now I've got bigger fish to fry (front & rear suspension, rusty rockers). The sheet metal still looks nice though.

You can get some some hand polish with more abrasive properties in it for less than 20 bucks and do it by hand section by section if you do not have a random orbital or dual action polisher.

My peg and dowell for rear window regulator came today so I installed my driver side rear window. Not as much of an eye sore anymore. Now i need to track down a pair of headlights (00-02).

Started giving the interior a thorough deep cleaning now that I have my window in place. I started on the rear driver side seat and door since that was where the window was missing. Didn't get a before but I got a picture of the passenger rear door pre-cleaned for comparison. The drivers side was significantly worse than the passenger when I started. It's sad to see how much the previous owner neglected the car.

20170610_145919.jpg

20170610_145936.jpg

Started giving the interior a thorough deep cleaning now that I have my window in place. I started on the rear driver side seat and door since that was where the window was missing. Didn't get a before but I got a picture of the passenger rear door pre-cleaned for comparison. The drivers side was significantly worse than the passenger when I started. It's sad to see how much the previous owner neglected the car.

I got my interior looking like a brand new car lol.. took me days but it was worth it.

13708324_10157155197365402_4736126625273948801_o.jpg

13737558_10157155197795402_4608855882109740553_o.jpg

13737558_10157155198000402_6813130061810723196_o.jpg

13838163_10157097650800468_1558528499_o.jpg

what product(s) did you use for the leather? That transformation is amazing. even the spots where the leather looked loose and stretched tightened back up like new. Unfortunately for me my LS will never look that good. It has burn holes, splits, cracks, various broken/ missing pieces but I'm working on making it cosmetically presentable until I have the $ to get around to making it road worthy.

what product(s) did you use for the leather? That transformation is amazing. even the spots where the leather looked loose and stretched tightened back up like new. Unfortunately for me my LS will never look that good. It has burn holes, splits, cracks, various broken/ missing pieces but I'm working on making it cosmetically presentable until I have the $ to get around to making it road worthy.
I steamed cleaned the entire seat to break up the years of build up grime and dirt. Then I used various all purpose cleaners to agitate the remaining dirt and grime. I wiped down and did that same process a few times over.. Then I used Lexol leather cleaner but never conditioned it.. ( big no no ) I recently got some Weimans leather cleaner and conditioner/ sealer and wiped my front seats down and they look new again. Not sure how the leather tightened up but it did lol. My back seats need to be super cleaned again. My favorite thing about my car is the interior lol.

I steamed cleaned the entire seat to break up the years of build up grime and dirt. Then I used various all purpose cleaners to agitate the remaining dirt and grime. I wiped down and did that same process a few times over.. Then I used Lexol leather cleaner but never conditioned it.. ( big no no ) I recently got some Weimans leather cleaner and conditioner/ sealer and wiped my front seats down and they look new again. Not sure how the leather tightened up but it did lol. My back seats need to be super cleaned again. My favorite thing about my car is the interior lol.
All I had on hand was some super diluted leather cleaner that came with our sofa set. Alternated between wiping with the cleaner and scrubbing with a soft plastic bristle brush which cut through a good 95% of the surface grime but it's not a quick process to say the least. There was actually mold on the back seat due to sitting for months with the missing window. Besides taking the shop-vac to it to get the broken glass this is the first time it's been cleaned at all in at least 18 months. Definitely going to try using a steam cleaner once I finish the initial cleaning.

Working though the check list to get her ready for sale - replacing the front shocks.

Since the factory Sport shocks are basically unobtanium (LS4me sold what might have been the last new complete set a few months ago) and I since I plan to list her for sale soon, I really did not want to sink the extra money in her for the Jaguar S-type Bilstein B4 shocks with the required Jaguar front springs, so I got a set of KYB GR2 (Excel G) shocks. Yes, I know I know, but at least they will be better than the warn out 59K miles rusty housing factory shocks.

I have been working on the fronts the last couple of evenings - not much fun in the 90's heat and humidity. The factory springs are really nice in that they are plastic dipped to keep them rust free. But its not so nice when you have to use spring compressors on them. I finished up the compression of the free coils with the shop press to remove/install the nut that secures the upper mount. Luckily the white plastic lower spring isolators where still in one piece and I was careful not to break them. Then I touch up the nicks in the plastic coating on the springs with some Plastic Dip product that I picked up at Lowes - it is designed for dipping tool handles, but it can also be applied with a small artisan's paint brush. Now I just need to get the assemblies reinstalled this evening and get her down off the jack stands before the home owners association sends me a notice about removing an immobile car in my driveway :rolleyes:

OEM sport front shock.jpg
KYB GR-2 front shock.jpg
Drivers front less shock assembly.jpg

Replaced the smog pump/and EGR solenoid on my V6 last night which did take care of the last CEL code (P1414) but then got a P0141 going to work today. :mad: Maybe I reconnected something wrong?

Members online

No members online now.
Back