What did you do to your LS today?

Had the 04 LSE V8 fitted with a custom exhaust this morning ... very BEAST and plenty of DRONE, just the way I like it.

Magnaflow # 11386 - 4" x 9" x 14" Dual In/Out Satin Stainless 2.5" True X core design.

Third CAT and Resonators deleted, 2.5" (not SS) piping, chrome tips added. (removed from 01 LS V8)

View attachment 828475268

View attachment 828475267

View attachment 828475270 View attachment 828475271 View attachment 828475269

View attachment 828475266

View attachment 828475264

View attachment 828475265

Very pleased, guy did an excellent job on it, I much appreciated his attention to detail,
everything lines up nicely. 3hrs total labor time, 400$ cash out the door.

Exhaust looks really nice BigRig. Looking forward to an exhaust clip!

I just used a regular bolt. Something like M4 or M5 x 25 or 30mm?

Been there, kind of. I bought a torque wrench for the job. But I bought a ~40-250ft-lb wrench for these 89 in-lb bolts. I caught the mistake before I used the wrong wrench. However, my next mistake was not knowing how torque wrenches worked. For some reason, I thought they would keep clicking at the desired torque like a ratchet. (I now realize that would be a knuckle bashing monstrosity of a design) I snapped the same bolt because I just kept cranking, not realizing I was looking for a small click. Now I do what Robot suggested at the time and check the torque wrench at it's lowest setting first. Luckily, the bolt stretched until it snapped, rather than bottoming out. I thought I was having an impossible time trying to use an EZ-out because it wouldn't bite. It turned out it was actually rotating the bolt half a turn at a time from friction alone.

At least I learned. And now I have a torque wrench for my wheels. Holy crap is 100ft-lbs waaaay less than I thought. Especially when you have a proper wrench, not the garbage the factory gives you with extra room for rust in the socket

Well the remaining piece is down in the little bolt housing that slides over the gasket so I need the whole assembly. Not sure how you were able to run a random bolt through and it work, unless it was shorter and there was remaining threads to suck into.

Try a reverse drill bit. It may bite into it enough to turn itself out.
Added a ScanGauge II to keep a eye on the temp and voltage. Granted this temp was only after running maybe 15 minutes and 45 degrees out side, I have seen 210 and it below freezing outside down the freeway. Still can't get rid of that antifreeze smell even after cleaning the engine.
FCCA64D7-B4BE-4404-BE82-162D39D34285_zpscvc41z1u.jpg

Try a reverse drill bit. It may bite into it enough to turn itself out.
Added a ScanGauge II to keep a eye on the temp and voltage. Granted this temp was only after running maybe 15 minutes and 45 degrees out side, I have seen 210 and it below freezing outside down the freeway. Still can't get rid of that antifreeze smell even after cleaning the engine.
FCCA64D7-B4BE-4404-BE82-162D39D34285_zpscvc41z1u.jpg

That smell...It takes a while but it does go away...And yes, replace that cabin air filter and if coolant did get into the duct, run the fan for a while with the windows down...it takes a while but it will go away.

Well the remaining piece is down in the little bolt housing that slides over the gasket so I need the whole assembly. Not sure how you were able to run a random bolt through and it work, unless it was shorter and there was remaining threads to suck into.

I noticed one of the rear bolts on each side is free from the standoff and figured what the hell, so I smacked the broken bolt out of the standoff with a hammer and punch. It's just a small detent holding them together. Not much to lose considering the standoff is useless as-is with the broken bolt in it. Now I have 3 bolts that are free of the standoffs. Not really a "random" bolt. I went to Home Depot, figured out the thread, then matched the length.

What did you do to your LS today?

Sold it - for a few dollars more than I had invested in it. The new owner's father is a retired Lincoln mechanic and gave her the 'good to go'. I told the new owner that she is more than welcome to bring it back, after topping off the tank that was almost full, and I'll gladly take ownership again.

I'm searching for another......maybe even a well kept, low mileage V8.

2002-1_LG.jpg

2002-1_LG.jpg

Had the 04 LSE V8 fitted with a custom exhaust this morning ... very BEAST and plenty of DRONE, just the way I like it.

Magnaflow # 11386 - 4" x 9" x 14" Dual In/Out Satin Stainless 2.5" True X core design.

Third CAT and Resonators deleted, 2.5" (not SS) piping, chrome tips added. (removed from 01 LS V8)

Thanks for all the pics BigRig - not bad at all for $400. I am pretty set of doing the same setup, one dual in/out and nothing else, but I am still trying to figure out if I want to add resonators or not. I am very much looking forward to your video! It will help me decide on what to do for sure.

Had a fantastic 58° day here in NJ. Sunny with ~50% humidity. I thought it was spring and drove to work in a hoodie with the windows down pretending I wasn't cold. I got it cleaned too, and started wondering why I even bother driving the Taurus... then I saw the MPG display. I wonder if I can tap into the calculator and have a parallel Smiles Per Gallon readout that displays the result of 100/MPG

I have to say that was unexpected. I know you've been looking for a new one, but I was expecting you to trade it

I made an offer on an '04 V8 with all options that is for sale locally, 101k miles, cooling system just replaced. It's the same color as my Town Car!

2004.jpg

Owner says the Rear Bumper has scratches. He's 'thinking it over'.

2004.jpg

I made an offer on an '04 V8 with all options that is for sale locally, 101k miles, cooling system just replaced. It's the same color as my Town Car!

View attachment 828475295

Owner says the Rear Bumper has scratches. He's 'thinking it over'.

I'm also 'negotiating' with the seller for this extremely Base Model 2005 V6 with just 70k miles.

2005.jpg

2005.jpg

Way to go,All2 ! Hope you get that 2nd one as well. Car you got looks GOOD! don-ohio :)^)

The seller is a consigner and therefore, needs to make a cut on the deal. He has had it listed for weeks, starting at $6777, now listed at $6177. He offered to 'take a $5000 offer' to the owner but I have given him a reasonable, slightly above Blue Book offer of $4000 and I won't budge. The consigner used to own a Chevrolet dealership here in town that he sold 16 years ago. It may be a very fine LS but as I said, it is as Base as a Base model can get. I don't think it has one available option added.

Well, you could run the VIN and be certain.

When I mentioned that it did not have "Multi-Disc CD, Sun Roof, V8 Sport model", I got no argument. It has the Single CD/Cassette option and he makes no mention of a Multi-Disc in the Glove Box. The only 'option' he listed was Leather.

Do you have a link to check the VIN?

When I mentioned that it did not have "Multi-Disc CD, Sun Roof, V8 Sport model", I got no argument. It has the Single CD/Cassette option and he makes no mention of a Multi-Disc in the Glove Box. The only 'option' he listed was Leather.

Do you have a link to check the VIN?

In the USA leather isn't an option; it's standard. If it has a CD/cassette combo there is no provision for a CD changer in the glove box. You could swap that unit out for a multi-CD changer if you wanted...

In the USA leather isn't an option; it's standard.

I knew that.

..with Tan Leather interior, & 70,639 miles. Has CD player, new battery, good tires, & just passed pre-sale inspection.

This was the extent of the description. The car is listed from a very nice neighborhood, very high property tax district but that could be where he lives and not where the owner lives. The low mileage tends to make think this was a wife's car and not used a lot. Probably saw regular dealer servicing.

I would likely just swap in the IS77 from my Town Car.

do your self a favor and either look at a ISFM21 (tranzit blu) or ISFM2351 (tranzit blu HF) since they use the newest BT version they sound great and dont have any cables to route nor do they need a switch to drill and mount somewhere. the Blu HF also has a mic and a call button (no hole drilled) to also make phone calls...

do your self a favor and either look at a ISFM21 (tranzit blu) or ISFM2351 (tranzit blu HF) since they use the newest BT version they sound great and dont have any cables to route nor do they need a switch to drill and mount somewhere. the Blu HF also has a mic and a call button (no hole drilled) to also make phone calls...

When I installed the IS77 in the Town Car, I put the Switch in the Ash Tray, where drilling a hole in it was never an issue. It allows me to tuck the Cable there as well so when it is not in use, you can't tell it even exists.

IPod.jpg

I had originally intended to use my Phone as the source but then purchased an iPod Nano, which Charges as it plays via the Cable. With the IS77, you can use the iPod Cable or the standard 3.5mm Jack, but not both at the same time.

IPod.jpg

I don't need the wipers when I'm on the freeway unless it's really raining hard.

FL state law requires wipers on when raining if they are needed or not. But I know you're a rebel. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back