What did you do to your LS today?

When I need a hefty wire I usually just use welding cable. Goes for about 50 cents to a buck a foot, fine strand copper. Hasn't let me down yet.

When I need a hefty wire I usually just use welding cable. Goes for about 50 cents to a buck a foot, fine strand copper. Hasn't let me down yet.

But just think how much more you could pay for something that was almost as good that said "Monster" on it.

the last time I bough a spool of 50', I think I paid a little bit over $2/foot and that was for 1/0 AWG! a lot better than the $10/ft the a local place near me has it for... sure it aint as pretty, but I actually find it to be much more flexible and easier to work with.

But just think how much more you could pay for something that was almost as good that said "Monster" on it.

Fun fact time...

You know who else has BS marketing for their "far superior" product that just pulls the wool (or plastic band) over their customers' eyes? Beats Audio.

You know who created Beats? The guy who invented Monster.

Beats uses a deceptive EQ. Monster uses a deceptive box.

Monster cable. Heh heh heh... I may not be an audiophile, but I know cable and copper is copper. Monster is just welding cable in a clearish sheath. And a sticker. I wonder if stickers work the same in the audioricer world as they do in the autoricer world? Like each Monster sticker is worth 3dB?

I know on our '06 the headlights come on automatically when the wipers are engaged.

My '04 Town Car does that too - and I wish it didn't. Here in Oregon, it's not always dark when it's raining. In fact, we get rain with the sun shining.....

I drive with headlights on all the time so it's no matter to me. There is a computer setting for that I'm sure. I drove an International Prostar that had the lights on with wipers setting.

What did you do to your LS today?... I drove it to work! It had been sitting all winter since I never got to swapping on the snows. Turned the key and fired right up. Got tired of the Taurus. Even with worn front LCA bushings and tired rear toe links, LS feels so much better. I did smell coolant from somewhere but I guess that just means all is normal.
Seems to be the aluminum jag t-stat housing I replaced 1 year ago, as well as the molding seem on the hard plastic tube on the front of they cylinder head. Have an aux pump, dccv, and degas tank "in stock" in the basement that will likely go in when I fix the housing and pipe.

I drive with headlights on all the time so it's no matter to me. There is a computer setting for that I'm sure. I drove an International Prostar that had the lights on with wipers setting.

I don't drive without my headlights on. I should have asked them to set it to have the headlights come on automatically when it was at the dealership. Didn't even think about it. Or my second key fob. BOOOOOOOO!

Now, I'm gonna have to check my car to see if the lights come on automatically with wipers.

Well, I'll be damned! My car does turn on the lights when the wipers are on. The switch has to be on automatic though and the lights take 20-30 sec to come on. They also take time to go off. I didn't check if this happens on delay wipe. The instrument lights do dim in the process.

You guys need to get on that angel eye life. No more of that automatic light old-man stuff. :D

Hite and I have thrown around a few NEW ideas... I think everyone will dig (we almost everyone)

2002 lincoln ls v8
going to replace the COPs
any other recommendation other than motorcrafts
(VCG looks good. no leaks)

I spent a little time looking at old threads on COPs. but they are old and was just wondering if anything latest and greatest has came out. Dont mind spending the extra money for Peace of mind. Thanks in advance

...Dont mind spending the extra money for Peace of mind. Thanks in advance

Motorcraft it is then. AFAIK, nothing has changed. Motorcraft and Visteon have been good for me. I have over a 100K on the set in my 04 now. I think I got about 90K on the set in my 06.
Others have other opinions, I'm sure.

(Visteon no longer makes coils for the LS.)

What did I do to my LS today?I drove it! Many miles down here in sunny Florida the last few days! Having a blast! don-ohio :)^)

I used the long peddle on the right to sail past all the slow people correctly driving in the right lane as the law in FL requires. Since they all know and respect that the left lane is only for passing and bad a$$ mamajamas ridin dirty in the LS.

Who am I kidding??.....I was foaming at the mouth all the way to work cursing and flipping people off. So today.....I tested the tires, suspension and brakes. I already know the blinkers work.....so no need for those to be tested.

^ LOL, Izzy flipping the bird, showing everyone around him who is #1

right on!

Damn, last night I was running the last of my load into Montreal CDN, in the granny lane, I come upon this little shopping cart of a car doing 25Mph on a Fn hiway. I had to pace myself into an opening in the hammer lane, thereby cutting off some lad in a fancy BMW. Gave the Shopping cart car the high beams and big horns with a few feet to spare ... got a "You're #1 salute" in return from the Beemer guy once he got past me.

I ever tell you about the time I had to call the 5-0 on some fool that repeatedly stopped his car on all lanes on the hiway late at night! He was on crack I'm pretty sure. Stops dead in his tracks on a Fn highway with traffic behind him, did it twice directly in front of me, tried both lanes for good measure I guess. People were riding the dirt to get around this dope! Had to help him ... by passing on his plate/make/model to the Authorities.

LOL ... the fun of it all. Never a dull moment. Some people's kids ... should never have been given the right to drive on public roads.

Never did like driving in the Tampa area. Where I was at Amelia Island, the driving is MUCH more laid back. Got back a while ago.............the LS riding and driving to perfection. don-ohio :)^)

I used the long peddle on the right to sail past all the slow people correctly driving in the right lane as the law in FL requires. Since they all know and respect that the left lane is only for passing and bad a$$ mamajamas ridin dirty in the LS.

Who am I kidding??.....I was foaming at the mouth all the way to work cursing and flipping people off. So today.....I tested the tires, suspension and brakes. I already know the blinkers work.....so no need for those to be tested.

There is one thing I like about Tampa, and that's how they have gigantic signs on the main roads that tell you what upcoming roadways will be long before you get to them, so you have plenty of time to get to the proper lane to make a turn. That's where my wife was born and raised, I'm married to a Florida blonde. No, I will not post pictures.

Members online

No members online now.
Back