What did you do to your LS today?

probably clear lacquer with a touch of black added. Best I've seen aswell, very smooth looking. +1

If the tint is a film, I hope you have LED brake/running bulbs or they will cave in. I am also jelly of your mint looking paint.

I finally unpacked my degas bottle, yay. Not going to put her in yet, the coolant level has miraculously been steady.

DSC_3634_s.jpg

Dude you might as well put it in Mark, the cracks expand and contracts w/ fluctuating temps.
Trust me, if you were leaking behind the front drivers wheel, it's time to put in the new bottle.

Many of bottles, I'm sure, leaked then stopped, held pressure, then leaked again.

I ran mine for a while with no overheating issues and it was on the second top up and rebleed,
I noticed she was dripping behind the wheel, when I parked it.

... then again, it is nice to look at a brand new OEM part for a few days.

A couple shots of the "Dip". I didn't have time to put it all back together yet so more photos and a thread will come when I have it back together.IMG_0554.jpgIMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Dude you might as well put it in Mark, the cracks expand and contracts w/ fluctuating temps.
Trust me, if you were leaking behind the front drivers wheel, it's time to put in the new bottle.

Many of bottles, I'm sure, leaked then stopped, held pressure, then leaked again.

I ran mine for a while with no overheating issues and it was on the second top up and rebleed,
I noticed she was dripping behind the wheel, when I parked it.

... then again, it is nice to look at a brand new OEM part for a few days.

It's too hot and humid for me now. I hate being a sweaty gorilla when working on the car.. gotta let this heat wave pass then I will probably put it in.

Just did run #3 down to Toronto, still holding level :shifty:

A couple shots of the "Dip". I didn't have time to put it all back together yet so more photos and a thread will come when I have it back together.

Nice. Sorry if it has been said, but what color/combo are you doing?

Great job so far Dan Ro!!!

@Jrt more pics of the tails please. And more info when you get it please. Thank you.

headlights and tails

Finally getting a couple of things set up for install, got my headlights back together today, used the headlight restore kit on them, and Plasti dipped the eyebrows on them, just have to seal around the lights for moisture control then they are ready for install

heaglights.jpg

I also painted my exhaust tips I am going to use when I redo my exhaust with VHT flameproof, just have to bake them in the oven yet. I am going to do the entire exhaust with the flameproof when it is installed.

IMAG0038.jpg

vht flameproof.jpg

http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/flameproof/

heaglights.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

vht flameproof.jpg

I destroyed my driver side rear jack point. Completely rusted out :(

Dan that color is sick!

JRT1418: id that night shade? Looks perfect! I also need to do my windshield trim.

Crazy Dip Dan Ro! someone knows what they are doing, professional set up right there. +1

Here are some pics of the taillights and the windshield trim. As you can see, whatever they used is very thick. The lights didn't come put perfect because of the condition of them. I had to strip the old tint spray off so they were in very rough shape. The guy who did the tinting called me and let me know they didn't come out perfect and would only have to pay 100 for all four parts as opposed to 130. The only spot that isn't perfect is the little spot in the first picture. It is barely noticeable even if you know it is there. As for the windshield trim, it came out better than I had hoped. The color is a near perfect match.

Tails 2.jpgTails 1.jpgtrim 2.jpgTrim new 1.jpg

Tails 2.jpg

Tails 1.jpg

trim 2.jpg

Trim new 1.jpg

Thanks for the compliments.

Nice. Sorry if it has been said, but what color/combo are you doing?

It is the gunmetal gray (looks like dark gray primer) as base color and then two different powder pigments mixed into matte clear as my main color. The pigments are named "Storm" and "Antique Silver". The pigments add the sheen and give it the satin finish.

So jealous of those of you who have garages... Wish I could do cool stuff like this too...

LOOKS KILLER!!! how many gallons? you paint over the door seals? (that was my trickiest part)

1 and a half gray base and 3 and a half of my pigment into clear. I dipped over the seals and need to finish removing it from them.

You must be done by now, Dan. Where are the results!?

Still no more photos yet. Straight from work today to softball. (we won 7-5) :biggrin:

So jealous of those of you who have garages... Wish I could do cool stuff like this too...

I also wish that I had a garage. It took me 3 months to get my car ready because it has been such a cold wet spring this year in my area. A friend let me utilize his shop for this.

I put in e3 spark plugs today
I definitely noticed a difference in throttle response
and slight change in exhaust tone

Here's my take: The $54 is most likely what the person prior to you paid for their gas... I think you probably put the nozzle in, but maybe didn't push start or whatever especially since it's not on ur bank statement. Also I doubt she would've stole your gas.. she would've had to move your car or the hose would've had to have been long enough to reach her car from where your car was and most gas station hoses aren't long enough. I'd go get gas.

I guess that's why they call you cool, JJ cause you had it right; it took another $54 with no overflow :) At least I know where the purer gas is though. Easier to find than Jennifer ( cause I did look around a bit while cruisin), Those 10% octane stickers are so small they are hard to spot on a drive by.

AND, as far as my LS, I'm getting the extended warranty this week !! and paid my last $548 payment and have the title!!

Here's my take: The $54 is most likely what the person prior to you paid for their gas... I think you probably put the nozzle in, but maybe didn't push start or whatever especially since it's not on ur bank statement. I'd go get gas.

I guess that's why they call you cool, JJ cause you had it right; it took another $54 with no overflow :) At least I know where the purer gas is though. Easier to find than Jennifer ( cause I did look around a bit while cruisin), Those 10% octane stickers are so small they are hard to spot on a drive by.

I put in e3 spark plugs today
I definitely noticed a difference in throttle response
and slight change in exhaust tone

Most people I've talked to notice rougher idle, reduced power and lower mileage with those things. If you start having problems in the next week or two, you'll at least know where to start.

Members online

No members online now.
Back