What did you do to your LS today?

SIA called, said the trans control solenoids were shot. Replaced all, dropping it back in the mail today. 168 bucks and some change.

SIA called, said the trans control solenoids were shot. Replaced all, dropping it back in the mail today. 168 bucks and some change.

Maybe the FETs that control the solenoids? (No solenoids in the PCM.)

Hi!

Brake pads / brake fluid / oil / oil filter / oil pan gasket.
LED interior conversion.
HU from oem to pioneer.
Swapping seats. driver seat is on repairing

The carpet is waiting.

regards!

asientos (2).jpg

asientos (5).jpg

asientos (7).jpg

asientos (8).jpg

asientos (9).jpg

asientos (10).jpg

I hear you. For my McLaren Grill I bought some blackout tape and used a paper hole punch to create some black circles of blackout tape. Then applied them where the tabs are.

With the lighter color LS I also put blackout tape behind the grill on the supports behind the grill so the lighter color of the car would not show through.View attachment 828472144

It solved the issue with the tabs showing through on the grill.

yes, looks very good!

Well technically yesterday but...I replaced the interior drivers side door handle and blacked out the chrome on the window trim. Will probably redo some of the trim tape, was my first time doing it and it's not 'perfect'.

Left a message with my broker to reinstate the insurance on the LS, hinted towards needing only weekend pleasure driving coverage. (wouldn't that be handy)

Maybe the FETs that control the solenoids? (No solenoids in the PCM.)

It was a salesman I spoke to and not a tech, and he could have said trans solenoid controls. They called and woke me from a sound sleep as I am a day sleeper and night worker. In any case, it's the common failure point as discussed on other threads. I'm sure your terminology is correct.

New drivers side front caliper, rotor and brake hose. $300. Chatted the tech up and he looked over the rear suspension with me. I was thinking I was needing the rear done but I only have the rubbers cracked at this point. All joints good and everything is stiff as can be. No movement in the components where there shouldn't be. They were going to install the lugnuts I had purchased a while back but they are longer than the OEM ones and they protrude 1/8 past the wheels. So they didn't want to use them. They were able to get all new ones that aren't chrome covered for $2.20 a piece. Not bad.

Now I am just thinking about what to do under here for exhaust...........I'm thinking about just doing a muffler delete. Thoughts?

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi!

Brake pads / brake fluid / oil / oil filter / oil pan gasket.
LED interior conversion.
HU from oem to pioneer.
Swapping seats. driver seat is on repairing

The carpet is waiting.

regards!

first cloth LS i've ever seen

Some modifications to the factory speakers. They sound so much better.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Full LED conversion

Looks good, any details on what LED you used and the big question ~ stay lightly dimmed on that 1[SUP]st[/SUP] GEN, when turned off, until sleep mode?

Hey guys, fairly new here, but got some tint put on the windows Saturday, and was waiting to take a picture of it. Got the brake lights tinted too.

Tint%20done_zpsjgd5f1da.jpg

Next big purchase is new rims and new tires. Tires are starting to dry rot and rims are flaking away, which is causing the balance to go off(or so the mechanic I brought it to says).

Waiting for a nicer day and some time to put in LEDs to replace the interior lights and put in an aftermarket radio I bought.

How did you release the door lock cable? the section in the door or from the lock itself. Just did my first one and was fighting with that for a bit. ended up just leaving it connected and fishing the new regulator in since I couldn't get that cable to release at all.

There's a trick to it. I'd have to do it again to be able to remember it well enough to describe it. You have to position/adjust it correctly when you put it back, or you won't be able to open the door after it closes. It's best to leave it in-place when you can.

first cloth LS i've ever seen

These cars are 10 to 15 years old, it doesn't cost that much to get seats professionally recovered in cloth, leather does wear out and not everyone likes leather. If I were keeping mine and needed to redo the seats it would be in cloth because I prefer cloth seats to leather. I hate that butt freeze in the winter and the hot flashes in the summer, and even heated/cooled seats take time to come up to speed.

Hey Rollin,

It's been a bit since I have seen your car, lookes good with the LSE body kit and front bumper!

Updated my annual registration sticker on the plate, took it for a spin again, need to burn of rest of storage fuel. runs great, interior work this season.

Members online

No members online now.
Back