Waiting Room

Quick question, is a car enthusiast a rare breed nowadays? It seems like most of them in my area are preferential fanboy *******s.

Quick question, is a car enthusiast a rare breed nowadays? It seems like most of them in my area are preferential fanboy *******s.

Yes. For some reason the joy of driving is rapidly dying.

The magic word there is preferential. I don't meet a lot of people who generally like all things automotive and can appreciate just about everything. I meet soccer moms who want unnecessary ground clearance, import kids with flat bill hats, and German only drivers. Seems like everyone else is whatever generic econobox was on sale when their caviler that they had in high school finally died.

It just befuddles me that people can't appreciate someone else's work. I recently left a couple Facebook groups because it was always a constant pissing contest between the every fanboy, trolling, and no real intelligent conversations. The ongoing joke was that Mustang owners can't drive because of one person's accident. It got me yesterday when I posted my CL for my car and got nothing but negative comments from people that don't know the car, honestly everyone on the page either owns a Camaro, Mustang, or an import tuner. Not worth the aggravation to deal other peoples immaturity and false knowledge.

Now here, I actually enjoying reading through everyones input because it seems like you all have your head on your shoulders and are more welcoming.

Well it's a winning complex really.

People giving you **** about your car were probably like
douche said:
PSH, PERFORMANCE!?!?! HAR HAR HAR HAR, MY MUSTARO CAN DO THE 16th MILE IN 8 PARSECS, THAT OLD LINCOLN DOESN'T KNOW WHAT PERFORMANCE IS

Which in reality, it's simply a nice car that doesn't need to win at anything, even though it did win in 2000. Funny thing, cars can be great without being the best at anything.

I am right there with you in terms of rear wheel drive and wrong wheel drive, but like all things, its the application. It can be good, just a matter of effort and design.

P90125514_highRes-640x425.jpg

P90125514_highRes-640x425.jpg

It was mainly the price. They saw $9500 and 130k miles and did not hesitate to bash the ad. I know it's not worth that much, I'm not some sort of stupid, I was tired of the insulting "it's only worth $3000 so I'll offer that". What gets me is that I had the same car, minus mods, listed at $7500 and didn't hear a peep. List the car after mods for more and everyone loses their minds. I'm over it.

Anyways, anyone here have big holiday plans?

open a gift or two, give a gift or two, sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep then go back to work on thursday .

Anyone get anything good?

I got to open a couple at the inlaws house on monday. Got a new Manfrotto Bag and Tripod for my DSLR

Hoping Santa leaves the keys to my dream car under my tree! I doubt it thought.

I'll show you some more pics... I have never done anything like this before - replacing doors, re-tiling a bathroom, laying down hardwood floors, spackling, re-sheet rocking walls, etc. SO please be gentile :)

Computer room:
6949A86C-A3E6-4E3E-8D47-FE03106A3D0A-922-00000268272A2262_zpsdd131b40.jpg

Not bad at all. Next time take the hinges off before you paint, unless you didn't paint that wall. It's the little things that pop which you don't even realize at first. BTW I did the same thing when I first started doing home improvements.

Ahh yes 1950's innovation. Agree to it being something Red Green would throw together, didn't see too much duct tape so this must not have been him.

Damn, and that is why you don't trust stealership. I am surprised Chevy hasn't gotten involved yet.

Yep, sucks hard. I'm trying to register an account at that site to offer support, and suggest an avenue of attack. Theft over 5 grand or so is felony theft with several years of hard time, and the dealership owner is an accessory after the fact. The victim might get some quick action if he files charges felony theft charges against the guy who stole the car and the dealership owner. He might have to get his lawyer to file the charges though, to force the police to file the charges and arrest these people. That dealership owner would change his pants, then offer to buy the guy a new ZL1 outright to get the charges dropped. Of course, a lawyer would need to determine whether this actually is a valid strategy. Can't see why it wouldn't be.

I can't wait to see how this plays out. Hopefully GM steps in. Ridiculous.

they need to get GM corporate involved asap.
i've seen Ford corporate shut down dealerships for this kind of thing. i can only assume GM would do something similar. this is bad bad press for everybody!

https://www.google.com/search?q=1st...id=chrome&espvd=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#lrd=lrd

The negative reviews just keep on coming ... it was 219 with a 3.2 score last night when I looked,
This morning it's currently at 274 with a 1.4 rating.

First State Chevrolet dealership was at first deleting negative comments on their facebook page but decided to delete/close it instead.

All they had to do was deliver one near new black 2012 Camaro ZL1 with 10K miles on it.

Simply amazing ... enjoy the sh!tstorm.

There is a better write up here.

http://jalopnik.com/dealership-totals-customers-camaro-zl1-owner-and-deal-1498804012

There won't be any criminal charges filed, but that dealership is absolutely on the hook for this and they are acting like cock's. This guy needs to get this a public a possible, maybe like a Good Morning America interview or something. Once it goes mainstream, I am sure GM will provide this guy and ZL1 he wants, with some cash on the hood in apology and then reprimand the dealership to save face.

I've seen this type of story before and seen it play out the same with a douchebag dealership. It boggles my mind. You literally MAKE the product of his that you destroyed. That is a unique position and makes things a bit easy on you. It's not like some independent mechanic shop that now has to put up straight cash for the loss, you just set aside another product for the one you ruined. A simple exchange really, but they always act like fools. Never made sense to me.

Give this guy any ZL1 he wants, with some cash on the hood in apology. Claim it on your business insurance. Take the employee to civil suit to try and recoup those losses. It's simple.

wow, yeah the google rating plummeted this morning.
it was still a 3.1 around 4 this morning.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1st...id=chrome&espvd=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#lrd=lrd

The negative reviews just keep on coming ... it was 219 with a 3.2 score last night when I looked,
This morning it's currently at 274 with a 1.4 rating.

First State Chevrolet dealership was at first deleting negative comments on their facebook page but decided to delete/close it instead.

All they had to do was deliver one near new black 2012 Camaro ZL1 with 10K miles on it.

Simply amazing ... enjoy the sh!tstorm.

IMRHO if he purchased the car new they owe him a new car. Who knows how a previously owned one was or wasn't abused?

Members online

No members online now.
Back