Waiting Room

Probably no one could give a ratsass but today a man almost killed himself up against the MoneyMaker's rear left trailer wheelset.

coming down the straight ...

two white cars join the roadway from an adjacent driveway ... they approach opposite direction.
One car behind me, none in front, holding steady governed out.

Second white car does not evenly align on road way as it's picking up speed following the first white car.

Observation = Reaction.

One gear down on the binders, leaning to the right, heading for the gravel line.

Buddy is for real !!!

He's messing with something in the console AND coming further across the line NOT paying attention!

He keeps coming.

Hang the horn, while further braking, more leaning to the right puts all rights in the dirt.

He passed directly below my drivers door so close.

I observe in my mirror, as I entertain the gravel and stay straight ...
HE SWERVES AT THE LAST SECOND and within six inches, avoids COLLIDING to DEATH into a set of Tractor Trailer Wheel axle. (going opposite direction)

Car following behind me is also deep into the right side out of lane.

Buddy zips it straight after some controlled swerving on a highway and moves along with his business. (probably onto his Family and new BBQ)

Having near soiled myself, I'm slowed down and jumped back onto the pavement.
When suddenly I start to feel sick about the thoughts of how that could have ended for both of us.
Nauseous from the near fatal event and on an empty stomach just two hours away from home, I had to pull over.

Not fun kids!

++ PAY ATTENTION WHEN OPERATING ANY MOTOR VEHICLE ON PUBLIC ROADWAYS ++

ALWAYS STAY ALERT and just DRIVE.

DISTRACTIONS CAN KILL IN AN INSTANCE.

~ I'm disturbed about this incident,
I could have rolled it into the ditch up against some rocks, while he continues onward home on a sunny Saturday Morning. I gave him as much as I could, he saved himself at the last second. He could also have IMPACTED and made a mess of the both of us spread across the highway, which surely would have closed down traffic until cleaned up.

If it's not the large moose at night it's little cars coming at me.
It scares ya a little at times. Makes you think! Reality sets in. You have to remain focused at all times while driving!

Anyhow ... nothing happened to the lick-her load so STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!! :Beer

hit 280.1mph in the arkansas mile this wknd. car ran really well.

was 158mph in the 1/4, 207mph at the half, and then 280.1. car
was picking up great speed at the top end. now just have to figure
out how to get it to hold the power on the 1st halft of the mile, and
we should see close to 290mph.

Fun ride home Friday...

Bandit
20160610_154731_zpsb6xvo5gr.jpg

And the Snowman

20160610_154710_zpsxl1g9hwb.jpg

The Delorean

20160610_154657_zpsyc5vzpqt.jpg

Dumb and Dumber

20160610_154646_zpsulgh0tn4.jpg

and a little Twister

20160610_154636_zps0mkb1grb.jpg

YES window was dirty... just been busy (alot of weather lately)

got a long way to go, and a short time to get there...

also love the fact that the scooter is also on the back of the 84 sheepdog!

"you mean to tell me you had a 2nd pair of gloves this whole time"

If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all ...

20160903_102300.jpg

Coming back from an Audio Shop in town, having a blown sub replaced/upgraded in the 09 Silverado,
I pick up this lovely chunk of metal which ended up in 4 brand new Wrangler Duratrac's plus alignment to the tune of $1463

... next on the list is a gun and a single bullet

20160903_102300.jpg

I'm sure not, but it was probably a good excuse to just get them all at that point.

Yup, the two fronts where cupped and I had moved those to the back, fronts, which came from the rear where worn down.
No sense just putting one new tire on the drivers front along with the worn others. Was also no sense putting something used on.

I was really hoping to go through the winter with those tires but that chunk of metal would not have it so.

So 4 new ones it was. Alignment was out past tolerance on passenger front, so now it's all new and aligned and ready for winter.

Free wheel rotation every 10K for the next five years and of course some tire protection/warranty included. Roadside flat assistance also.

EDIT - - - -

Been sinking some money into it over the last little while.

20160906_065220.jpg

Muffler delete with new CAT back piping, straight out the rear. Angled tips.

Pioneer AVH-X2800BS headunit with 6" Pioneer door speakers, JL Audio JX500/1D amp, Single 10" JL Sub in an Atrend A131-10CPV downfired box.

Some window visors, had the tailgate out for repair and repaint, put new tail gate protector cap and inner liner on.

Upgraded all black head lamps and some interior pieces here and there. LED lows, also LED interior throughout.

New tires and alignment, EVAP vent valve solenoid. New sunshade visors.

All new drivers side exhaust manifold studs and gasket.

Did the Permaguard all along the rockers and doors, cleaned up all underneath, inside wheel wells, colored up all steering, springs, axles, diff, basically hit everything underneath where visible with black gloss rattle can.

coming along nicely ...

20160906_065220.jpg

^ Ha! Tires go on sale a week later, made the call ...
invited back to get 25% of each tire and taxes reimbursed.

Regular price $277.99
On Sale price $208.99

$69 X 4 plus taxes on that.

... Gotta love it!

4 brand new Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's for my 09 Silverado

314$ returned to me due to sale, like getting one tire for free.

Very happy, a small win!

LOL I thought an LS was getting new rubber, I thought you may have fitted some 305s on the stock wheels or something.

^ wife pouring cold water on a hot windshield again?

J/K :)

HA ! nice one. she didn't pour water on it, but she did pour her fist on it, trying to kill a
spider. go figure.

Members online

Back