Waiting Room

Paying for rocks? You do know they grow in the wild for free right? You can usually find a good score along any rail road track, take as many as you need! Rocks are always free.

Paying for rocks? You do know they grow in the wild for free right? You can usually find a good score along any rail road track, take as many as you need! Rocks are always free.

Those rocks provide a very essential purpose. Besides, that's trespassing here in the States.... The railroad is VERY protective of its property!!

A: railroad rock are not big enough silly, they will fall through the mesh.

B: with the time it takes to find enough and then move all of those 40lbs rock, I'l just pay someone to drop them off at my house!

A: railroad rock are not big enough silly, they will fall through the mesh.

B: with the time it takes to find enough and then move all of those 40lbs rock, I'l just pay someone to drop them off at my house!

Me too! Way too much work, who collect rocks anyhow?

More like: Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep .... good! right here please! [Open Wallet]

I actually have to make some changes on the one side of our house and I'll be calling in a local favor to go borrow a tri-axle and I'll run to the pit myself and pick up a tandem load of Granular A gravel. Need to run some beams and redo a retaining wall, install some walkway stones as the finishing touch.

Just got back from a road trip to see family and friends...

Road Trip totals.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Road Trip totals.jpg

Road Trip 4_18_2016.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Don - I ruled these cages out for a long time because I had the exact same concern, until I did serious research into them. Stainless wire, 70 plus year lifespan, and the rocks are supposed to lock together over time as dirt washes through them. They even resist water buildup like a hard concrete wall will because they will naturally drain whereas you have to plan the drainage behind the concrete wall.

They actually make a cage that will take railroad rock. I'm more interested in 3-5 inch rock and broken concrete will be fine for me based on the intended usage. Since it'll be facing away and will have vines growing through it, it won't matter what is in the cages so long as it's strong enough to hold. Not that I'd take rock off a railroad right of way anyhow. I refuse to be responsible for a derailment over such a stupid thing as saving 40 bucks a ton on rock.

Don - I ruled these cages out for a long time because I had the exact same concern, until I did serious research into them. Stainless wire, 70 plus year lifespan, and the rocks are supposed to lock together over time as dirt washes through them. They even resist water buildup like a hard concrete wall will because they will naturally drain whereas you have to plan the drainage behind the concrete wall.

They actually make a cage that will take railroad rock. I'm more interested in 3-5 inch rock and broken concrete will be fine for me based on the intended usage. Since it'll be facing away and will have vines growing through it, it won't matter what is in the cages so long as it's strong enough to hold. Not that I'd take rock off a railroad right of way anyhow. I refuse to be responsible for a derailment over such a stupid thing as saving 40 bucks a ton on rock.

good info...

These were ordered and not picked up so my buddy dropped them off on the way by.

gave some away before i cooked these.

gave two more away after i cooked em.

still enuf left over to make samiches for lunch tomorrow :)

Tis the season !!!!

they be walking in good now and supposedly a banner year and prices should drop .

by June should be real cheap,,,prices go up around July 4 then taper down again.

prices are predicted at a low of $3 lb at some point..

sure is nice living in paradise :)

MVC-637F.JPG

MVC-637F.JPG

took the stroke on a decent road trip. overall miles were ~2800. austin texas to
gypsum colorado, and around the various mountain trails / site seeing. averaged
15mpg, which i didn't thing was too bad. the turd has some issues with building
boost at 10k ft elevation !

534849d1462743774-what-did-you-do-your-7-3-today-20160506_165558.jpg

Ran into a bit of a forest fire issue this past week out West of Canada.

I'm sure you've read/hear all about Fort McMurray burning down as of recent.

View attachment 828475900

View attachment 828475897

View attachment 828475899

View attachment 828475898

View attachment 828475894

View attachment 828475901

Day later had to drive back through that area, only a thick smog remains. 4 hours of fire pit smoke stink.

View attachment 828475895

View attachment 828475896

TRAGEDY ... but we do now suddenly have jobs for the refugees. Pays minimum wage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICLPyhSdPlA

You got THAT right!!!

yup, 7.3. i'd never buy an emission controlled diesel. ever. period.

come on now... that aint nothing a few parts and some tuning cant take care of. hell, 6.0s and 6.4s dont have any problems rolling some of that big beautiful black smoke!

Ran into a bit of a forest fire issue this past week out West of Canada.

I'm sure you've read/hear all about Fort McMurray burning down as of recent.

View attachment 828475900

View attachment 828475897

View attachment 828475899

View attachment 828475898

View attachment 828475894

View attachment 828475901

Day later had to drive back through that area, only a thick smog remains. 4 hours of fire pit smoke stink.

View attachment 828475895

View attachment 828475896

TRAGEDY ... but we do now suddenly have jobs for the refugees. Pays minimum wage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICLPyhSdPlA
I found out if you proceed slower through the smoke, less smoke makes it into the cab because the cabin air filter has more time to filter it.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Yeah,LS4me, I took a nice 120 mile ride in my Unpressurized Aerostar van this afternoon. Since I've been sick the past 3 weeks,I hadda run the AC the most of the way. What a great running van!
Runs as good as my V8 LS. don-ohio :)^)
I used to have a 1995 XLT Extended Aerostar with Electronic 4 Wheel Drive. That thing would work over most cars from a stop light in the rain. That AWD setup was genius! It wouldn't even do doughnuts in the snow. It also got 27 mpg with the wife and 5 kids. That is another vehicle Ford screwed up. The Windstar sucked.

The Aerostar was/is a great midi-van. Never owned an all wheel drive model,but my 2 previous ones went around 240K miles each. First one I bought off my Dad was a 3.0,non-extended.Took it to FL with all my kids and all the luggage,bikes and all. Same thing for my Eddie bauer . The one I have now is very nice,no rust and just turned over 100K miles. it's a 4.0 extended. I love it. don-ohio :)^)

I used to have a 1995 XLT Extended Aerostar with Electronic 4 Wheel Drive. That thing would work over most cars from a stop light in the rain. That AWD setup was genius! It wouldn't even do doughnuts in the snow. It also got 27 mpg with the wife and 5 kids. That is another vehicle Ford screwed up. The Windstar sucked.

come on now... that aint nothing a few parts and some tuning cant take care of. hell, 6.0s and 6.4s dont have any problems rolling some of that big beautiful black smoke!

meh... if you plan on beating the 6.0, then you better have it deleted and bullet proofed. i wouldn't touch a 6.4 for any reason !
we did just delete my buddy's 2015 cummins. everything got taken off, and man does it run good... BUT if the feds ever start
doing emissions testing on diesels, we'll have to put all that crap back on and remove the delete tunes. it's putting down 520hp
and almost 1300lbft to the wheels right now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back