Waiting Room

I don't explain it, it's just what happened. I didn't think it should have happened either. If I had been smoked by it, then I would have said so. It doesn't bother me to be beat in a race, particularly by a car that should have no problem doing so.

Liquor backhaul !!! ... Wiskey & Vodka .... whole Fn trailer full of it ... big ass lock on it ... we need bolt cutters .... who's house I'm stopping at first?

On the way up, middle of the night, an owl tries to mate with my passenger wiper blade while I was doing 105 kph ... didn't come through the glass due to the side way frontal hit ... had to change my shorts.

Owls are the only birds that fly at night, correct? Fn thing wasn't small either, sh!t on my mirror a bit. Poor thing.

Three wabbits also ... they make a popping sound, kinda odd but fun! Told them not to do it. Fair warning, I don't swerve fully loaded at that speed. No time anyhow. They don't exactly push the crossing buttons or look both ways for that matter. Silly little wabbits.

yeah but who would want one of those over either of the new/er GT's?

Someone who is a fan over the originals and likes the ability to have an engine just like the originals. I'd like to have a right side drive with the shifter on the right.

Yeah,LS4me, I took a nice 120 mile ride in my Unpressurized Aerostar van this afternoon. Since I've been sick the past 3 weeks,I hadda run the AC the most of the way. What a great running van!
Runs as good as my V8 LS. don-ohio :)^)

And we all drive and have driven lots of miles in lots of cars, all with pressurized cooling systems, and with no problems.
So, there are millions of cars out there with pressurized cooling systems doing just fine. And you have a few that aren't pressurized and haven't failed yet.
I'll stick with the millions.

Sure! Tat's your choice!

And we all drive and have driven lots of miles in lots of cars, all with pressurized cooling systems, and with no problems.
So, there are millions of cars out there with pressurized cooling systems doing just fine. And you have a few that aren't pressurized and haven't failed yet.
I'll stick with the millions.

I choose to spend less money and effort. don-ohio :)^)

so you're telling us that of all the millions of miles that you (and the cars that you've molested) you have never had to replace a radiator hose?

I'm still waiting to hear about the truck with the unpressurized cooling system that he pulled a 10,000 pound trailer through Death Valley in August with.

MY boy's Taurus,BEFORE removing pressure needed a radiator hose. When I replaced the raccoon damaged radiator on the older Aerostar,I believe I replaced the lower hose also . That's just good maintenance when you are over 200K and you've had raccoon damage.LOL!
No,not any of the cars I've depressurized has ever needed a hose.
Why? With pressurized systems is it a common thing? Might be. don-ohio :)^)

Never been out there,and would never recommend an unpressurized system in the High elevations or desert. I've already made that clear.
It's just a twist of the cap and you're ready. don-ohio :)^)

Say,I'VE got an idea! Instead of slamming something continually that you have NEVER tried, go 60/40(just drain down a little of your 50/50 while you add pure antifreeze, and give it a go! Not AFRAID to learn something are you? Try it! I've said THAT before also. don-ohio :)^)

I've had an unpressurized system before, due to my not putting the cap back on correctly. The car overheated and boiled half the antifreeze out of the car. Refilled the radiator, installed the cap correctly, and the car maintained the correct temperature for the rest of the time I had it.

You do realize that even though your system is unpressurized that the plastic is still aging and is still undergoing hear cycles, so when you tighten that cap to drive through the Colorado deserts that you're going to start leaking from a dozen different places when that aged, heat cycled plastic suddenly gets pressurized, right?

possibly

I've had an unpressurized system before, due to my not putting the cap back on correctly. The car overheated and boiled half the antifreeze out of the car. Refilled the radiator, installed the cap correctly, and the car maintained the correct temperature for the rest of the time I had it.

You do realize that even though your system is unpressurized that the plastic is still aging and is still undergoing hear cycles, so when you tighten that cap to drive through the Colorado deserts that you're going to start leaking from a dozen different places when that aged, heat cycled plastic suddenly gets pressurized, right?

Then you didn't have 60/40 antifreeze or the upper seal wasn't sealed(which you admit) .That is not the same at all. Apples and oranges again.
About the breakdown of plastic parts: my cars areover 12 years old.No leaks and no breakdown yet. And I don't expect any. don-ohio :)^)

Anyone here ever build a retaining wall using gabion cages? If so what was the approximate cost? I'm looking to build a 9 foot tall by 60 foot long retaining wall to level a section of yard. I need a place to sit and drink in the yard.

Thanks, but those blocks require specialized reinforcement over 4 feet tall. I need to go 9-10 feet tall. The gabion cages can go as high as 100 feet before specialized reinforcement is needed. I did use similar blocks to build up a level area for my propane tank.

Not worried about the appearance, the wall will be facing away from my house. I plan on planting vining plants at the base of the wall which will hide it somewhat. I've got a cleared area inside a 15 acre wooded area. Here's a picture of the view from my front door, showing the hillside I want to level out. It drops off at about a 25 to 30 degree angle.

lakeview.jpg

it wont...

the cages are cheap, but the rocks to fill them usually cost quite a bit more...

stepped_gabion_walls2.jpg

gabion-basket-9.jpg

and it usually doesn't look too bad if you use nice or uniform rocks to fill them, but then again, I've seen people also just use all bricks or broken up concrete that people just wanted removed...

stepped_gabion_walls2.jpg

gabion-basket-9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back