Waiting Room

Obviously the scoops screw things up, but the basic roof of the Mustang gives waaay more visibility than the other two. The scoops are fine if it's a V8 though because you can just mash the pedal to get ahead of your blindspot.

A few Fords (with Platinum trim levels) now can come with 4 camera systems for a bird's eye view. And I thought it was hard to trust backup cameras

Obviously the scoops screw things up, but the basic roof of the Mustang gives waaay more visibility than the other two.

yeah, the new fastback design is a lot better than the other two for sure on its own...

The scoops are fine if it's a V8 though because you can just mash the pedal to get ahead of your blindspot.

thats kinda what I do... if you mash the gas hard enough, it should be able to kick out sideways enough to just look out the side windows! lol

thats kinda what I do... if you mash the gas hard enough, it should be able to kick out sideways enough to just look out the side windows! lol

Oh, so you finally replaced the LS then? :p

of course not! lol, but when you have friends with lots of mustangs, you get to drive them often!

A few Fords (with Platinum trim levels) now can come with 4 camera systems for a bird's eye view. And I thought it was hard to trust backup cameras

If they're anything like the cameras on BMW they only work below a certain speed. My PDC (park distance control; front and rear) only works below 17mph and the cameras are part of that system.

I've always believed in out running my blind spots. Even with the blind spot warning light on my Explorer. It just seems natural.

But, I imagine the driver's cockpit will eventually look similar to a fighter jet or Boeing 757. Or, am I just wishing it did?

of course not! lol, but when you have friends with lots of mustangs, you get to drive them often!

It's nice to have friends with toys. Especially fast toys! Every now and then, I'll visit the local dealerships and test drive the latest models. The LS earns you a little respect from the sales person. But, after the test drives, the LS just feels right. Like well worn leather gloves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfNmc9dvhUw

Old train keep on moving ...
smiley-score010.gif

~ check out their New February 2016 Sittin' Heavy album ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdeo-i6uw5g

m2k set two records this last wknd at the texas mile !

fastest mustang in the standing mile - 232.8

upped our previous standing mile record to 279.9
in the gt.

was a great wknd of some good runs, finally.
had to swaps transmissions saturday night, but it was
all worth it...

12494787_825593107552290_5414670649964181484_n.jpg

12961551_825593147552286_4688690404938548874_n.jpg

This is AWESOME,Man! I love the Ford GT. One o dees days!......... No,I'll never own one. don-ohio :)^)

yeah, me neither. much less one that has another $200k dumped into it.
i'm just happy i get to turn a wrench and change a plug on it !

man that heritage always looks so good!

also that pony aint too bad of a looker either!

Quote LoudLS:man that heritage always looks so good!

also that pony aint too bad of a looker either!

BEAUTFUL! I like mine better,though.It's a convertible! don-ohio :)^)

whats under the hood of that pony? coyote based? trinity based? perhaps something even sweeter?

I like mine better

what a surprise, more crazy talk... in the S197 world, the 2010 face lift is about 10x better looking over the first couple of years, then the 2011 snake/2013 face lift (as seen here) looks even 10x better than that!

That's your young,stupid opinion and I respect it! JUST KIDDING Loud. I bought mine because it pretty accurately retros to the 67 and 68 Mustang,which I loved. I used to drive my Sis-in-Law's `67 regularly to date a girl back in early 74. It was a 289 with AC black top over Turquoise or Aquamarine whichever they call it. Rode smooth,had power and was beautiful. I just don't care as much for the newer look.don-ohio :)^)

what a surprise, more crazy talk... in the S197 world, the 2010 face lift is about 10x better looking over the first couple of years, then the 2011 snake/2013 face lift (as seen here) looks even 10x better than that!

should have figured... you guys and your 5.4's!!! lol just wanted to make sure that it earned that snake.

I wish I could even have just one 82... let alone twins!

yeah, those are the only two 5.4's i've been around. my world is ls based builds. ...but those two
"vehicles" are on another level. the gt is putting down somewhere around 3400 to the wheel, but
the dyno doesn't read past 2800, so it's really a guess based on motec data logging.

i'll post up some vids of the run once i get them downloaded.

A while ago on my great relaxing ride as we left Jackson,OH, a Hi=powered Mustang late model went by and stuck the accelerator to the floor when he saw the LS. My wife says,`WHAT was that?'
I told her it was a challenge from the Mustang driver to us. I said if we lined up all we'd see of that thing is his taillights.LOL!
Funny how those guys seem to know when I'm driving the V8 rather than the V6? If he was following,I'd understand,but he was approaching from the front. LOVE those cars,Man! don-ohio :)^)

Members online

Back