Waiting Room

b6a44ed7fa04d57610b3eb5135ccc52c.jpg

b6a44ed7fa04d57610b3eb5135ccc52c.jpg

MUCH better posting! Fastest On Race Day! C-H-E-V-R-O-L-E-T stands for Cheap Half Engineered Vehicle Runs Only Little Each Time. LOL!
don-ohio :)^)

Both brands are better and SAFER to drive than that TOYMOTOR,NISSAN ugly junk. LOL! don-ohio :)^)

laugh at chevy all you want... at least they understand the importance of RWD, Manual transmissions, and big simple torque with a lot fewer moving parts and weight that comes with all those extra parts...

not to mention, when they make a luxury sports car, its actually fast.

yeah chevy is stupid... now lets all go down to the store and buy parts for our sweet motors I'm gonna make mine silly fast :shifty:

still better than every Fix It Again Tony...

mustang > camaro (unless you want to make fast cheaply)

powerstroke > duramax (except for stock 6.oh no, my turbo is f#cked again...)

but honestly, other than that, the bow tie beats the blue oval like it owes them money.

Only camaro i ever had was a 6 cyl. :)
never had a rustang.
only diesel was in a VW rabbit :)

sure did go through a lot of car's tho.
registered 13 in one year,,back awhile now :)
when a running 55 chevy could be had for $35.

You see, the thing is that you put a thousand into a Camaro, and you have to put 5 grand into the Mustang to be faster. The Camaro gets another grand, the Mustang needs another 5 grand. And so it goes. By the time you reach the point of diminishing returns, you either have a damned fast Mustang, or a damned fast Camaro plus a house.

actually the new mustang motor is built like a brick sh!t house... it is about the one exception where its cheaper to make the mustang faster...

want a lot of power, just buy a blower and be good with it, want to do the same to an LS3, your going to be buying a blow AND replacing parts in and on the motor.

I dunno, believe it or not I actually did pretty good against one of the Coyote engines in the LS. I KNOW he was going because the dumbass tried to pass me on the shoulder, when I was passing someone else, and he was NOT getting around me very easy, at least not nearly as easily as I'd expect a 5.0 to do. I think he though he was going to bust out and do a twofer on a 4 lane when I was just aiming on passing one slowarse. Most folks in the Mustang's position would have just waited till I cleared the guy I was passing, and then would have gone on. Perhaps his left tire was spinning in the dirt but his right was on pavement. I'd heard good things about the 5.0 but sadly, I've not seen it yet. Might be a different story at the drag strip but on the highway, not so much.

the coyote is insanely more powerful that our motors, it has 150 hp more than us (not to mention the same weight ) and because of its much more advanced VVT, it makes even more TQ across a much larger RPM range. are you sure it wasn't a 300hp V6 with GT badges (cause I see that way too often)? or hell even a 300hp 4 cylinder for that matter. and the coyote is definitely a rev'er and jsut keep pulling harder and harder until you have to shift because your afraid of the motor blowing not because the power is fading

I haven't raced a 4 cyl yet but the last gen V6 was fairly even with the LS but still had a little more. saying the LS would keep up with one would be the same as saying it could keep up with a camaro SS

You guys keep comparing a 13 year old, never updated engine with a modern power plant. Heck, I'll bet a new Hyundai could outrun an LS and have more luxury features.

Much like comparing apples to carrots!

You guys keep comparing a 13 year old, never updated engine with a modern power plant. Heck, I'll bet a new Hyundai could outrun an LS and have more luxury features.

Much like comparing apples to carrots!

first off, the engine was updated to be more efficient and make more power...

second, ok fine... the LS would struggle to even still be able to see the tail lights of a 400ish HP Terminator (an 03-04 car with a mid 1994 introduced motor design that the LS IS actually newer than) which are give or take about the same speed as the new pony if not a hair faster.

I don't know what the deal was, but there it was. A Coyote barely pulling away while driving on the shoulder when the kid behind the wheel was obviously wanting to run everything he saw. I thought there was something wrong, but it wasn't with me.

it was probably a first year 5.0 and he had already blown cylinder #8... lol

Possibly. I'd always heard good things about them, and this was the first one I saw run and it was surprisingly unimpressive.

he said coyote, not Trinity...

the 5.8 can barely get mid 11's on a good day!

Members online

No members online now.
Back