Ugliest Mark VII Ever!!

Somebody deserves to have their ass removed.

lol i saw that on FVC, that thing is HURTIN.

Here is my old 5spd Mark that i built. In its glory and in pieces. :)

2264205_125_full.jpg

LINC013.jpg

2264205_5_full.jpg

l_d0b103f95c3ec558ae4b4d80ae066576.jpg

LINC014.jpg

l_41f64b5e1651a3c2f128d9b7ad0e107a.jpg

wow that is just plain sad...

that is even uglier than my ex mother inlaw...

get it quick just back from Mexico...

should pin that as "What not to do with your mark..."

lol i saw that on FVC, that thing is HURTIN.

Here is my old 5spd Mark that i built. In its glory and in pieces. :)

l_d0b103f95c3ec558ae4b4d80ae066576.jpg

l_41f64b5e1651a3c2f128d9b7ad0e107a.jpg

Yea, cuz thats SOOO much better... :shifty: You guys don't know much about 50's style lead sleds do you? There is definitely some ugliness goin on with that car, but with some imagination you could make it really cool. BRAVO to somebody for figuring out how to make their Mark different, instead of caving and buying the SAME hood scoop, and the SAME wheels and tires, and the SAME 5.0 emblems to put on the fender JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. I'd own it for cheap, or maybe just start over with a new 1, the body looks like it got invaded by bondo lumps. :lol:

Yea, cuz thats SOOO much better... :shifty: You guys don't know much about 50's style lead sleds do you? There is definitely some ugliness goin on with that car, but with some imagination you could make it really cool. BRAVO to somebody for figuring out how to make their Mark different, instead of caving and buying the SAME hood scoop, and the SAME wheels and tires, and the SAME 5.0 emblems to put on the fender JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. I'd own it for cheap, or maybe just start over with a new 1, the body looks like it got invaded by bondo lumps. :lol:

Easy Francis. :lol:

The first thing I thought was "Bomber" and saw all the classic chopped chort low riders. Had he of lowered it and chose a better color and done a better job with the rear wheel covers and not done the scoops then he could have pulled it off. Its not my style and I wouldnt buy it but with a better execution of the idea it might have been neat instead of just ugly as sin.

Had he of lowered it and chose a better color and done a better job with the rear wheel covers and not done the scoops then he could have pulled it off. Its not my style and I wouldnt buy it but with a better execution of the idea it might have been neat instead of just ugly as sin.

There ya go. Yea, my biggest issue with the car was how they molded the wheel openings in the back. They should have gotten rid of the lip so it was flush, and then made the bubble skirts bigger and more shapely and fit a little better. The cheezy plastic hood scoops add some crapiness too, but I like what they had in mind, they just couldn't execute.

Mine was way better then that. Replaced the interior from ragged blue to black out of a 92, all Special edition Black trim instead of chrome, spent $3000 dollars on a tremec TKO 600 5 speed i put in, subframe connectors, aluminum police interceptor driveshaft, all poly urethane suspension, mass air, the list goes on and on...i rebuilt that car from the ground up and took then parted it out to get my 97 black on black mark viii...the big brother of my old 5 speed 7.

That guy looks like he went page by page through a JC whitney catalog and picked out the worst possible stuff for it. lol

I think that Mark VII on ebay is HIDEOUS! Not liking it has nothing to do with not knowing anything about 50's lead sleads or rat rods. That thing was horribly done, was not thought out at all, and had zero style to it. It was accessorized out with no rhyme or reason. So I guess that means I know nothing about 50's lead sleds?

No I don't know anything about 50's lead sleds.......Except for the fact that I recently sold a long lost famous 57 Chevy Bel Air cover car that the custom car world was looking for for ages. She was on the covers of Car Craft, Street Rodder and was featured in Hot Rod's first annual year book. It was a NY state champ car and would have been a national champ if it didn't get in an accident on the way to the show.

I had no idea the stigma of the car until I posted pics and quickly learned it was a long looked for and sought after car. It sat in my Grandparents garage for 43 years.

Anyway my point is I had the ULTIMATE LEAD SLED! So I guess some of us know a little something about 50's lead sleds. ;)

Here's a few pics of her on the cover, and her when I got rid of her.

P8100316.jpg

P7170182.jpg

P7170183.jpg

Belair1.jpg

Belair2.jpg

Belair3.jpg

Anyway my point is I had the ULTIMATE LEAD SLED! So I guess some of us know a little something about 50's lead sleds. ;)

Thats pretty cool, but thats more of a custom than a "lead sled." That is by no means "THE ULTIMATE LEAD SLED" as you make it out to be. I think the Hirohata Merc just might snag that title, ever hear of that??? You've just proven that just because you sold it, doesn't mean you actually know anything about a sled. Nonetheless, that sounds like an interesting story and the car is cool. Who built it?

Some paint, ditch the wheel well garbage, and fix that horrendous headlight tint and that would look nice. Ive always wanted a Mark VII, my dad use to push one when i was a lil grommit.

I just threw up a little. I hope his reserve is $250. That way someone can pull the engine out of it and crush the rest of it.

Members online

Back