Turbocharged Lincoln LS Build Thread...Pics and Vids Inside...

I dont want to speak for ILLS, but I have done some serious looking into doing a build myself. I have some things I want to do for my car to make it more of a street strip show car.... but the rear mount kit is gonna make your LS scream down the track faster than camaros and cobras. You may want to look into traction help, but thats easy enough a challange to tackle as well. I'm looking into similar HP numbers, but getting it quicker and putting more of it to the ground. All in all, none of my findings would be what they are with out ILLS' work. And I cant wait to have mine done. I would LOVE to get it ready and head out to IL for an LS shoot out, where the only way to lose, is to not be one of us! LOL

I dont want to speak for ILLS, but I have done some serious looking into doing a build myself. I have some things I want to do for my car to make it more of a street strip show car.... but the rear mount kit is gonna make your LS scream down the track faster than camaros and cobras. You may want to look into traction help, but thats easy enough a challange to tackle as well. I'm looking into similar HP numbers, but getting it quicker and putting more of it to the ground. All in all, none of my findings would be what they are with out ILLS' work. And I cant wait to have mine done. I would LOVE to get it ready and head out to IL for an LS shoot out, where the only way to lose, is to not be one of us! LOL

If I do a turbo for your LS and you end up making it quicker than mine I might need to cheat and bring my Explorer to the track to race you. ;)

The LS already beats Camaros. At least mine does. Maybe not the new ones, but the old ones.

Hey ILLS, just wanted to say "nice work". I VERY interested in seeing how the numbers turnout. Nice write up. I will be reading and hoping for a break in the weather for you.:)

If I do a turbo for your LS and you end up making it quicker than mine I might need to cheat and bring my Explorer to the track to race you. ;)

ManI wouldnt care if you beat me.... It would be worth it to see the crowds face when two Licolns rip corvette times down the track! LOL

My tax return might end up heading your way... We need to talk. I'll call you later on this week

I think you forgot where we live. First day of Spring and 6 inchs of snow. Hopefully we are all clear now. Can't wait to see it in person.

Don't remind me. You may have gotten 6 inches but where I live we got about 10-12".

The LS already beats Camaros. At least mine does. Maybe not the new ones, but the old ones.

maybe the 73-92 camaros. and thats excluding the 350tpi Iroc -z's, GTA's, and Firehawk (not like ull race a 3rd gen firehawk anyways). 93-02 V8 lt1/ls1 camaros beat the ever loving crap out of the lincoln. i used to own a 94 z28 6 speed, trust me, the Ls is a slow boring car. but its nice :D

Ive had the rear mount turbo idea in the back of my head as well. T3/T04e 50 trim turbo, 40mm tial wastegate. ive been going over every detail and trying to figure it out and make it work. Im stuck in 2 places. Fuel delivery is the first. would i need to replace the fuel pump and injectors, or just the injectors? would mustang injectors work from a 4.6L?

The other question is tuning. to be honest i dont really want to get a SCT Xcal2. If i take this car to a dynoshop would they have everything to be able to tune it or does it require having the SCT xcal 2 to load the tunes into it? im not sure if they can just hook a laptop into the computer like with my previous car, from what ive read noone has figured that out yet. i want to go for a dyno shop for 2 reasons, 1 to get HP #'s since noone who has done this has put the car on a dyno yet it seems. and 2 to have somewhat of a professional who knows what hes looking at and has the car in hand be able to tune it. Xcal 2 might be nice, but lets be honest, the guy who writes the tunes isnt near the car.

maybe the 73-92 camaros. and thats excluding the 350tpi Iroc -z's, GTA's, and Firehawk (not like ull race a 3rd gen firehawk anyways). 93-02 V8 lt1/ls1 camaros beat the ever loving crap out of the lincoln. i used to own a 94 z28 6 speed, trust me, the Ls is a slow boring car. but its nice :D

Ive had the rear mount turbo idea in the back of my head as well. T3/T04e 50 trim turbo, 40mm tial wastegate. ive been going over every detail and trying to figure it out and make it work. Im stuck in 2 places. Fuel delivery is the first. would i need to replace the fuel pump and injectors, or just the injectors? would mustang injectors work from a 4.6L?

The other question is tuning. to be honest i dont really want to get a SCT Xcal2. If i take this car to a dynoshop would they have everything to be able to tune it or does it require having the SCT xcal 2 to load the tunes into it? im not sure if they can just hook a laptop into the computer like with my previous car, from what ive read noone has figured that out yet. i want to go for a dyno shop for 2 reasons, 1 to get HP #'s since noone who has done this has put the car on a dyno yet it seems. and 2 to have somewhat of a professional who knows what hes looking at and has the car in hand be able to tune it. Xcal 2 might be nice, but lets be honest, the guy who writes the tunes isnt near the car.

You must have the wrong idea about the Xcal units. I use them to tune people's car in person on the street or dyno quite often. You will not be able to have your car tuned without the Xcal2, X3, or Livewire flash tuning unit. These units are what allow whomever tunes your car to be able to load the tunes they made for your car onto your PCM. You will have to have an actual SCT tuner take care of tuning your car as that is the only solution offered for your car as of now.

The good thing about the SCT flash tuning devices is that you have the option of being tuned in person; which I recommend with any forced induction combo. You also have the option to be tuned remotely which is nice for the people who only have a minor amount of bolt-ons. Many other tuning approaches will only allow your tuner to make changes to your tune in person which can be a real pain for people who live in rural areas. Lets face it, how many people are really doing turbo and superchargers on their LS's? Heck, 99.9% of Lincoln LS's out there can be tuned remotely and will benefit greatly from it.

As I have said before, the reason why this car has not seen the dyno has to primarily do with the weather. Once I finished the turbo system last fall I did find a small window to start tuning it but then bad winter weather set in. Only recently has the weather finally started to get nice enough where I can pull the car out and fully tune it and get it on the road to do some testing. Once it is all wrapped up then numbers will follow. People here need to realize that there are factors affecting testing on these vehicles that cannot be helped. Weather is a very big one. If this car was built in Arizona or California then testing and full tuning would have taken place a while back. Just not the case here. I only mention this because it still seems like people are actually questioning why no numbers have been put up on this car. When I have full results so will the people in here.

You must have the wrong idea about the Xcal units. I use them to tune people's car in person on the street or dyno quite often. You will not be able to have your car tuned without the Xcal2, X3, or Livewire flash tuning unit. These units are what allow whomever tunes your car to be able to load the tunes they made for your car onto your PCM. You will have to have an actual SCT tuner take care of tuning your car as that is the only solution offered for your car as of now.

The good thing about the SCT flash tuning devices is that you have the option of being tuned in person; which I recommend with any forced induction combo. You also have the option to be tuned remotely which is nice for the people who only have a minor amount of bolt-ons. Many other tuning approaches will only allow your tuner to make changes to your tune in person which can be a real pain for people who live in rural areas. Lets face it, how many people are really doing turbo and superchargers on their LS's? Heck, 99.9% of Lincoln LS's out there can be tuned remotely and will benefit greatly from it.

As I have said before, the reason why this car has not seen the dyno has to primarily do with the weather. Once I finished the turbo system last fall I did find a small window to start tuning it but then bad winter weather set in. Only recently has the weather finally started to get nice enough where I can pull the car out and fully tune it and get it on the road to do some testing. Once it is all wrapped up then numbers will follow. People here need to realize that there are factors affecting testing on these vehicles that cannot be helped. Weather is a very big one. If this car was built in Arizona or California then testing and full tuning would have taken place a while back. Just not the case here. I only mention this because it still seems like people are actually questioning why no numbers have been put up on this car. When I have full results so will the people in here.

Thank you for clearing up the tuning question. like i said i didnt know if you HAD to have one or if a dynoshop would have something that would also be able to tune it. so bottom line is, SCT xcal2 is something crucial making tuning alot less of a stress. and i actually didnt know it could do what u said, i thought the guy from SCT was the only one who could put tunes into it.

I wasnt dogging on you for not getting your car dyno'd, i myself just dont know when you would get numbers. My plan is to get everything hooked up, piping, turbo, waste gate, oil feed and return lines. i plan on not running exhaust tips or anything, just gonna dump it right there under the car. then i would trailor the car to the dyno/tuning shop of my prefrence that i trust, let em spend a day or 2 on it and get it all figured out. I realize you probably dont have the time to be working on the car all the time due to weather and your work life. Someone with an Indoor dyno doesnt have these problems.

Thank you for clearing up the tuning question. like i said i didnt know if you HAD to have one or if a dynoshop would have something that would also be able to tune it. so bottom line is, SCT xcal2 is something crucial making tuning alot less of a stress. and i actually didnt know it could do what u said, i thought the guy from SCT was the only one who could put tunes into it.

I wasnt dogging on you for not getting your car dyno'd, i myself just dont know when you would get numbers. My plan is to get everything hooked up, piping, turbo, waste gate, oil feed and return lines. i plan on not running exhaust tips or anything, just gonna dump it right there under the car. then i would trailor the car to the dyno/tuning shop of my prefrence that i trust, let em spend a day or 2 on it and get it all figured out. I realize you probably dont have the time to be working on the car all the time due to weather and your work life. Someone with an Indoor dyno doesnt have these problems.

What do you mean by "guy from SCT"??? Do you mean SCT the company or one of us custom tuner's that use the SCT software and make custom tunes? You will not be able to make your tunes yourself. You will have to have whomever you pick to tune your car make the tunes and load them onto the Xcal unit. In your case if you go turbo then I suggest you get your car tuned in person versus remotely. I NEVER tune anyone with FI remotely; only in person if my personal policy. Allot of other tuners go by that line of thinking too so that might be something to think about when picking someone to tune your car.

It is a combination of what you talk about and also my preference in tuning a vehicle in real conditions. Dyno's are nice but they do not accomplish the job of reproducing real world conditions; especially when it comes to tuning a turbo car which is a VERY load dependent application. Even if I did have a dyno facility in house I still would not finalize anything until I had made some street/track passes to ensure everything was kosher. With a supercharged car I would not be as hesitant to toss it on the dyno to tune and be more or less done with it. The difference has to deal with how the turbo spools compared to how the supercharger spins up in relation to engine acceleration.

i guess "guy" would be refering to the custom tuners. ive heard a name dropped once or twice, torrie maybe? i figured he was the one who did them.

i guess "guy" would be refering to the custom tuners. ive heard a name dropped once or twice, torrie maybe? i figured he was the one who did them.

You have probably heard my name dropped as a custom tuner who offers tuning for the LS as well. Though myself and Torrie may have recognizable names for tuning LS's it will all depend on who is close to you. If you are 1,000 miles away from either one of us then it makes it hard to tune your car in person. I suggest that you try to find a reputable SCT tuner close to you or plan on paying for whomever you want to tune your car to fly out there to take care of you. This all depends on what you are most comfortable with. Both local and travel tuning options have pro's and con's. Good luck with things.

ILLS what are the dimensions on the FMIC ...and is it possible to go bigger..I am planning to start my turbo project within the next couple months and im tryn to get my parts list together...the intercooler and piping is all i need before i begin

ILLS what are the dimensions on the FMIC ...and is it possible to go bigger..I am planning to start my turbo project within the next couple months and im tryn to get my parts list together...the intercooler and piping is all i need before i begin

The FMIC in the car is about as big as can be fit without allot of cutting and hacking.

Members online

Back