Turbo kit thread

What a pleasant cruise home :cool: I managed to get up my drive way, barely, but I probably won't make it out too well. A tree by the edge of the driveway lifted up the concrete about 4 inches, no bid deal for most cars except for mine, I only have like 5 inches of clearance to begin with, add the inclined and it's not pretty. It scraped enough for me to go in but not want to go out. I'll have to cut that off side out and fix it before I go out again, then I can break in the engine.

She sounds good, i missed driving her. Maybe I can shoot a video of how she sounds tomorrow. I might have to put some longer resonators or change mufflers to tone it down a bit.

Anybody know where this goes? It's been almost 2 years, I can't find where this hose would go.....

uploadfromtaptalk1431853215943.jpg

I'd love to see a parts list if my engine internals are actually toast...

Thanks Joe! I don't the tank anymore. Thats a project I'll have to get to, add a small reservoir for the windshield fluid.

I had a coolant leak I had to take care of, apparently the cooling system isn't included in an engine rebuild, even though you have to take the intake off to get to this pipe. I had to cut off one of the 4 bolts because it was under the intake, it was tricky but I got it out. It didn't have a seal, they only applied the smallest amount of silicone that didnt seal it. I applied a good bead and that did the trick, but if it hadn't, i would've ordered the seal. I'll probably still order the seal and install it later for peace of mind.

Not trying to take anything away from them as engine builders, the engine sounds solid, just wasn't happy about one little seal not being installed when they had everything off.

The engine sounds great though! She use to purr real nice before, now it's like a tigers purr, it could also be that I haven't had a running engine in a year and a half.
shifty.gif
. I'm hoping the coolant issue is resolved, but I might also have a cracked degas. Hopefully real soon I can take her around town and break her in, then have her tuned. As soon as I'm able drive off my driveway without scraping, I'll post that video. Maybe I'll do a little teaser exhaust/engine vid in my driveway in the meantime

If you zoom in to the coolant picture, you can see two streams of coolant.

The bottom of part 23 is what was leaking. The two back bolts hit the bottom of the intake manifold, the fronts weren't hard, one rear bolt barely made it out with some force to bend it past the intake, but the second rear bolt hit the intake and still had like 8 threads left. There was no way of getting this bolt out without taking the intake off so I just cut the bolt and installed a shorter one and it worked our fine.

uploadfromtaptalk1432014625426.jpg

IMG_20150516_140433_676_1432016567246.jpg

What a pleasant cruise home :cool: I managed to get up my drive way, barely, but I probably won't make it out too well. A tree by the edge of the driveway lifted up the concrete about 4 inches, no bid deal for most cars except for mine, I only have like 5 inches of clearance to begin with, add the inclined and it's not pretty. It scraped enough for me to go in but not want to go out. I'll have to cut that off side out and fix it before I go out again, then I can break in the engine.

She sounds good, i missed driving her. Maybe I can shoot a video of how she sounds tomorrow. I might have to put some longer resonators or change mufflers to tone it down a bit.

Anybody know where this goes? It's been almost 2 years, I can't find where this hose would go.....

Man, if you have 5 inches of ground clearance, you're doing good because a stock LS has like 4.3 inches.

Yea Alax, that is the famous under-the-intake elbow piece. Many of us have had to cut those back two bolts to remove. You can replace them with the same bolts used to hold the Tstat in, and they are the perfect length.

Yea Alax, that is the famous under-the-intake elbow piece. Many of us have had to cut those back two bolts to remove. You can replace them with the same bolts used to hold the Tstat in, and they are the perfect length.

To me, it's about the same amount of effort to remove the intake manifold with the throttle body still attached, as it is to remove the throttle body. Just take the whole thing off and you don't have to worry about cutting bolts or have any trouble getting to every thing.

All I did was loosen the intake bolts and raise the front of the intake enough to get that bolt out and back in. I figured I wouldn't be doing this job ever again so didn't concern myself with the bolt length.....

Poor Alex, not getting the love right now. He who laughs last ...

its a corolla right now...
I don't get it?
With a stock picture of an engine rebuild.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Externally stock, internally, not anymore. I haven't had time to turn my car on since my last post, tomorrow I'll continue my coolant leak investigation.

I don't know how many people still doubt if this will ever be finished, but it will, slow and steady, I'll get there. I haven't put all this money into my ls to not see it through

Poor Alex, not getting the love right now. He who laughs last ...
Haha yeah, it's been a slow overall build with more failures than successes so some might not be as optimistic as I am.

I don't get it?

Externally stock, internally, not anymore. I haven't had time to turn my car on since my last post, tomorrow I'll continue my coolant leak investigation.

I don't know how many people still doubt if this will ever be finished, but it will, slow and steady, I'll get there. I haven't put all this money into my ls to not see it through

We were just messin' with you my friend. You know the drill...... It's a Craolla if there are no pictures. ;)

Ooooooooooh, I remember now. A video clip coming soon then

please make the video accelerating under an over pass or if possible in a tunnel!!!

Members online

Back