Turbo kit thread

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The turbo is being installed as we speak. I'm very excited to get my ls back in a few days, if everything goes as planned. For those of you who don't know, Brett, who built the turbo on the gen1 v6 lse manual, is building a turbo for my LS. He will be putting together an LS turbo kit, not just some universal turbo set-up, and my LS is the test car. A few other performance upgrades are also in the works, but more on that when it's for certain.

I don't know the cost of the kit, Brett will get to that when everything is figured out. Don't ask how much it cost me, because I can't say.

A few pics that I received to day, what a tease huh, for both you guys and me.

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.gif

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

I will update as I find more out.

:yourock::wave:gr_hail::wrench:leghumper:headbang:

^I'll let the pictures do the speaking for me. Wow man I'm so excited to hear/see this. Turbo kit actually done right! And on a V8 if I'm not mistaken?!

I hate you so much right now :p

What kind of turbo are they using? Like brand, model, etc

That is badass.... Those are some nice welds also. It looks like you won't be using windshield wiper fluid anymore... haha.

Also I wonder if he is willing to do a write up on how to route the piping and what needs to be hacked away for everything to fit.

This is going to be sickkk!

Also how long are you expected to be out your LS for this?

sweetness.

I prefer the whine of a supercharger but a turbo is more efficient. I see lots of pipework. Hopefully that ducting doesnt bottom out any.

But sweet thread and nice progress...if we can get a kit around $5K or so that would be nice.

My LS is a v8.

I didn't even catch the wiper fluid reservoir being gone, I don't really use windshield fluid anyways, I just wash my ls if the windshield is dirty.

The kit is suppose to have everything needed for the installation and a walk through on installation.

I took my ls down to the shop a few weeks ago, and I think I'm getting her back this weekend.

The turbo is a Garrett turbo, I think it was, don't remember the exact model.

Start saving up fellas!

sweetness.

I prefer the whine of a supercharger but a turbo is more efficient. I see lots of pipework. Hopefully that ducting doesnt bottom out any.

But sweet thread and nice progress...if we can get a kit around $5K or so that would be nice.

It wont bottom out, that was one of my main concerns, and even when lowered, it wont hit.

How much?

Jk :)

Is he in LA area? Cause you are in downey.

Looks very nice and something that I might want to get done on my V6.

if this is succesful...im doing it to my LS! I don't care if I have to buy an 06 when i graduate.

SOOOO excited :D!!!! I think this is my 3 post in this thread lol

I will fly out there and rent a car just to see it in person.

southwest has flights to lax round trip from dallas for $80 right now.

Bout time someone did a turbo on a v8....cant wait to see some dyno numbers. And those are nice welds on the tubing. That is gonna be sick.

Alex, you might have a couple of LVCers at your door step when that baby is done lol

Maybe I'll raffle I little test drive to a lucky winner as an innentive to finally get a So Cal meet again. :D

How much?

Jk :)

Is he in LA area? Cause you are in downey.

Looks very nice and something that I might want to get done on my V6.

The shop is in oceanside, about an hour away from me.

if this is succesful...im doing it to my LS! I don't care if I have to buy an 06 when i graduate.

SOOOO excited :D!!!! I think this is my 3 post in this thread lol

Nice, an upgrade and turbo :cool:

I will fly out there and rent a car just to see it in person.

southwest has flights to lax round trip from dallas for $80 right now.

Or you could just drive the ls :D

Bout time someone did a turbo on a v8....cant wait to see some dyno numbers. And those are nice welds on the tubing. That is gonna be sick.

There have been 3 turbo v8 LS'es, all gen2's I believe, but they didn't last and the guys ended up selling the turbo stuff and selling their car or some other problem occured. I'm making my set work since I'm keeping my ls for a long, long time. Brett assures me he builds top notch stuff and I trust him.

plumbing looks great so far, hope he leaves enough room for an air filter for ya!

I prefer the whine of a supercharger but a turbo is more efficient.

I love the sound of both, but a blower can get annoying some of the time when your just cruising around if its a daily driver, and the right turbo just sounds insane when your really on it.

there used to be a video of strapp's car going under an overpass, everytime you hear it, your pants get a bit tighter.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=43798&highlight=departing

Brett assures me he builds top notch stuff and I trust him.
oh its not his work that worries me about boosting a 3.9, its fords work (or lack there of) that makes me nervous.

Bout time someone did a turbo on a v8

uhhhmmmm, this video was uploaded in 2007!
YouTube - ‪Turbocharged Lincoln LS Build Video‬‏

plumbing looks great so far, hope he leaves enough room for an air filter for ya!

maybe Brett needs to make a wide body to accomadate a filter and for good looks,

or alax could just cut a big hole in the bumber and put a filter on :shifty:

Very interesting indeed. Keep us posted with 30, 60, and 90 day updates. Too bad my engine from JMS just shipped from EL Monte to me in Ohio or I would have had it shipped there and he could have done a second one. I would love to see the turbo results with the headwork and valve job that just got done......makes me want to wait to have it put in and have it all done at once. Damn. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back