Turbo kit thread

Wow!!..............wow.......just wow!

The quality of work looks great. Can't wait to see this complete. You do know that we expect to see more pics and video within 2 hrs of you getting your car back right?

Maybe I'll raffle I little test drive to a lucky winner as an innentive to finally get a So Cal meet again. :D

Sounds good -I'll buy a couple tickets!

Nice work Alax - looking forward to the finished product

maybe Brett needs to make a wide body to accomadate a filter and for good looks,

or alax could just cut a big hole in the bumber and put a filter on :shifty:

He's going to put a filter on it. I dont know how much as there seems to be little room for it, but it will definitely have a filter on it.

Very interesting indeed. Keep us posted with 30, 60, and 90 day updates. Too bad my engine from JMS just shipped from EL Monte to me in Ohio or I would have had it shipped there and he could have done a second one. I would love to see the turbo results with the headwork and valve job that just got done......makes me want to wait to have it put in and have it all done at once. Damn. :(

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of doing to it later on too.

Wow!!..............wow.......just wow!

The quality of work looks great. Can't wait to see this complete. You do know that we expect to see more pics and video within 2 hrs of you getting your car back right?

Haha, yeah, will do

There's a build on turbo forums from a v6 LS, if this is the same guy, from the turbo placement, it looks like it is, the build he did on that v6 looked top quality.

If everything works out im setting money aside for this.

^^^Right on

Yeah that's the same guy, from the turbo forum.

That is a random board, with the Carl's cut out. :lol: Sponsorship?

Brett: "Alax, I'll build your turbo for you no problem... There's just one thing..."

Alax: "Wha-wha-wh- what's th-th-that, mi-mister?"

Brett: "We're going to have to slap Carl's Jr Logos all over the car."

Alax: "Uhhhh..."

Brett: "Also you're going to have to remove your clothes"

Alax: "wtf?...*sigh*, oh alright..."

*Alax slowly starts taking off his clothes*

Brett: "MMMmmmm.."

Okay I'm done. But that is how it really went down.

He's going to put a filter on it. I dont know how much as there seems to be little room for it, but it will definitely have a filter on it.
thats good news, the filter doesn't really need to be that big, even if it is a lot more restrictive, that thing will have no problem sucking all the air it needs and more!!

So now youre gonna have:

Cabin Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Intake Filter
Transmission Filter
Turbo Filter

lots of filtration.

Brett: "Alax, I'll build your turbo for you no problem... There's just one thing..."

Alax: "Wha-wha-wh- what's th-th-that, mi-mister?"

Brett: "We're going to have to slap Carl's Jr Logos all over the car."

Alax: "Uhhhh..."

Brett: "Also you're going to have to remove your clothes"

Alax: "wtf?...*sigh*, oh alright..."

*Alax slowly starts taking off his clothes*

Brett: "MMMmmmm.."

Okay I'm done. But that is how it really went down.

and according to andrizzle anal filtration as well :/

HAH thats some good some stuff!

Alax really stepping up your game on all of our Ls's, Making us look bad:D

Wasnt Fast in progress of this as well?

Either way your Ls has probably inspired lots of members on here and probably now more than ever, Your car is really amazing now.

So now youre gonna have:

Cabin Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Intake Filter
Transmission Filter
Turbo Filter

lots of filtration.

You forgot OIL FILTER ;)

Alax.... :)

I already have the money saved, for the LLSOC Supercharger. I guess since that isn't looking to good as far as others having money ready and a requirement of 5 builds, I can just use it for this. I can upgrade to the 06' bumper while I'm at it since the old one has to come off anyway.

Question Alax, will it come with a SCT Xcal tune?

Speaking of Oceanside, I used to drag race at Carlsbad raceway, I looked at an overhead map...holy s**t!...Dragstrips gone, it's an airport now!, and that whole area is developed, it was just a canyon back then!

Looking good!

I'm sure you have mentioned it before Alax, but what are you doing for fuel injectors and mass air meter? If you are keeping the stock mass air will it be ok for a blow through application? What is the projected psi, plus size and kind of wastegate and blow-off valves?

I'm on the turbo forums under the same name and am getting ready to turbo my '89 Mustang (as in I already have the kit) here soon with a Turbonetics T-60.

Members online

No members online now.
Back