To all LS Owners

01LincolnLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Get rid of your LS, trust me. I bought my LS from an elderly couple and it had been serviced every 4k miles. It had 80k miles on it. From 80k miles onto 88k I probably put 3 grand in repairs. They constantly need coil changes, valve cover changes, which those two alone can run you in thousands if you don't do it your self. I sold my ls for 2 grand under market value. Because I was so tired of it. I am now a proud owner of one of the most reliable cars in the world. A 2005 Toyota corolla. I had a valve issue and it only cost me 80 bucks. Other then that this car is perfect and. Will easily break 300k miles. My advice yall. Ditch Lincoln and go foriegn. Honda Nissan, Toyota. Much more reliable. But if you can afford luxury mateneince have fun with this disaster. Peace out forums :)

Get rid of your LS, trust me. I bought my LS from an elderly couple and it had been serviced every 4k miles. It had 80k miles on it. From 80k miles onto 88k I probably put 3 grand in repairs. They constantly need coil changes, valve cover changes, which those two alone can run you in thousands if you don't do it your self. I sold my ls for 2 grand under market value. Because I was so tired of it. I am now a proud owner of one of the most reliable cars in the world. A 2005 Toyota corolla. I had a valve issue and it only cost me 80 bucks. Other then that this car is perfect and. Will easily break 300k miles. My advice yall. Ditch Lincoln and go foriegn. Honda Nissan, Toyota. Much more reliable. But if you can afford luxury mateneince have fun with this disaster. Peace out forums :)

You bought the first generation model of a 12 year old car, that apparently by the miles, did a lot of sitting. Coils in the thousands? I bought the coils, plugs, and a ****ing mechanic's tool set to do it for under $500.

Hey man, have fun with your corolla. Those are about as exciting as a toaster.

They constantly need coil changes, valve cover changes, which those two alone can run you in thousands if you don't do it your self.

If you buy the correct parts from a reliable manufacturer they do not. And any car - regardless of origin (foreign or domestic) will serve you well if maintained properly. I owned a Lincoln that had 320,000 miles on the original motor/transmission that I hardly dumped money into because it was maintained properly with the correct parts. If anything, the only thing to learn from your post is that ignorance will indeed cost you thousands of dollars.

Hey man, have fun with your corolla. Those are about as exciting as a toaster.

I don't know..... My toaster is mighty exciting! You should see the wonderful treats that emanate from the top! It seems like a lifetime waiting for that "click" announcing something special has arrived!

For every one of these disgruntled owners there are hundreds of owners with opposing opinions. We have close to 180K miles on our '00 V6 bought new and 111K+ on my '06. I have had to replace the coils and plugs (OH MY!!!), DCCV and upper radiator hose.

I could go on, but what's the point? Someone bought more car than they could really afford and wants to complain. Enjoy your FWD appliance.

I'll tell ya what, I have a '01 LS with 191K miles on it, it has been rear ended, totaled and rebuilt (terribly) and was owned by some ghetto jackass in Philly that didn't take care of it....and it still looks like a $8000 car, glides like a luxury car, all the bells and whistles still work, and it beats 90% of the newer cars off the line on a good day. So have fun with your Crayola.

How can you not be embarrassed driving this?
2005_toyota_corolla_sedan_le_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

2005_toyota_corolla_sedan_le_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

How often does toyota require that you change the hamster inside the engine?

How often does toyota require that you change the hamster inside the engine?

That's the beauty of it. The aftermarket support for the hamster is ENORMOUS!! To add power all you have to do is add hamsters. And it's exponential! Add 2 hamsters and you have the power of 6!

Beats the LS with it's limited aftermarket paws down!

I would never buy a chimpanzee car, or SUV. The Toyota hilux diesel is very reliable though so I would consider it. I am an American soldier that fights for my country and buys American stuff (if it's available)

I would never buy a chimpanzee car, or SUV. The Toyota hilux diesel is very reliable though so I would consider it. I am an American soldier that fights for my country and buys American stuff (if it's available)

THANK YOU and I couldn't agree more! Those cars are assembled here, NOT manufactured here. And the money goes back to Japan or Korea or Germany or wherever! I used to get a kick out of the irony of my old union (NATCA). They acted like a bunch of thugs about supporting the American worker, more money, more this, more that don't shop at Wal-Mart or buy at non-union businesses and they all drove foreign cars; usually from a non-union company! When I pointed out this hypocrisy they would tell me how much more reliable their CamCord was than an American car......... SAY WHAT? I only remained a member because the monthly dues was worth the aggravation I could cause them!

That's the beauty of it. The aftermarket support for the hamster is ENORMOUS!! To add power all you have to do is add hamsters. And it's exponential! Add 2 hamsters and you have the power of 6!

Beats the LS with it's limited aftermarket paws down!

This sounds almost too good to be true, I'm literally jumping up and down in my seat and clapping out of sheer excitement that this could even be possible (close your eyes and imagine it). My buddy is selling a 95 Corolla maybe I'll give him my LS and a few thousand dollars for a swap!!! Hopefully he takes it!

I lol'd when I read this and then noticed your avatar.

Anyway, I too agree with that mindset but one has to figure where to draw the line.

A car company that is headquarted in America but assembles the majority of its vehicles in either Mexico or Canada, or that is possibly owned by a foreign company itself.

-or-

A car company that is headquarted overseas but assembles the majority of its vehicles in the U.S. and provides an enormous amount of jobs and can spur development where the factors are located, not to mention the vast tax benefits the government enjoys by having these factories in the U.S.

Let it be known that I am not flaming or trying to really start a debate, I myself and still on the fence about what really constitutes an American product these days. It's a blurry line to say the least.

Doesn't matter anymore, the world is flat. "Buying American" is a cliche economists laugh at.

had 3 LS's one still running that my brother has 222k 01/ls8 and my old one 149k 04/ls8 and now my new one 43k 06/ls8 and so far if maintained right it is reliable the only issue is that aftermarket does not exist and its mainly a dealer parts car other then coils. but this dude sold his car in just 8k miles. and thousands for coils where did he go for service they saw him coming from a mile away.

I lol'd when I read this and then noticed your avatar.

Anyway, I too agree with that mindset but one has to figure where to draw the line.

A car company that is headquarted in America but assembles the majority of its vehicles in either Mexico or Canada, or that is possibly owned by a foreign company itself.

-or-

A car company that is headquarted overseas but assembles the majority of its vehicles in the U.S. and provides an enormous amount of jobs and can spur development where the factors are located, not to mention the vast tax benefits the government enjoys by having these factories in the U.S.

Let it be known that I am not flaming or trying to really start a debate, I myself and still on the fence about what really constitutes an American product these days. It's a blurry line to say the least.

In my opinion, I'd rather buy a product that employs American workers and enriches a foreign beasturd than a product that employs foreigners and enriches an American beasturd.

And having owned several Corollas, they aren't bad cars. They get decent mileage, handle like little go-carts, and have decent pickup. However, while I wouldn't mind having another one for a work car, they aren't fun for long distances or (if you're tall like I am) if you have to carry more than one other person. But, I can't see ever getting another one because they are front wheel drive crackerboxes. I can't ever see going back to front wheel drive again.

You went the way of the cookie cutter. I like American style. Lincoln town car all the way!!! And it will break 300,000 too.....172,000 on still going strong

Members online

Back