To all LS Owners

I don't know..... My toaster is mighty exciting! You should see the wonderful treats that emanate from the top! It seems like a lifetime waiting for that "click" announcing something special has arrived!

385044_700b_v1.jpg

... to my mom or the OP?!?!?!

:)

Yeah, I hadn't yet even made it to the second page before posting that. That's why I wrote a reply with your post quoted directly afterwards. Looked kinda bad, so I wanted to clarify haha.

just messin...

his third post will be how great his used corolla is....watch

it must work... it was on the internet...

you guys just arn't doing it right.... As a lazy father, i consider myself some what of a grilled cheese expert... its all about the correct amount of butter and heat.

Well see, the toaster doesn't put off a lot of heat and when it is on it's side like that the gravity pulls the bread down close to the heating element that is under it. That, coupled with the time it takes the toaster to actually melt the cheese gets you two extremely burnt slices of toast (just on one side mind you) and not very melty cheese.

Greatest disappointment of my life.

And to think I was going to try the toaster grilled cheese. Good looking out Chris, it saves me the disappointment.

I almost went downstairs to try it. Perhaps a different toaster will yield a better a outcome.

Well see, the toaster doesn't put off a lot of heat and when it is on it's side like that the gravity pulls the bread down close to the heating element that is under it. That, coupled with the time it takes the toaster to actually melt the cheese gets you two extremely burnt slices of toast (just on one side mind you) and not very melty cheese.

Greatest disappointment of my life.

I have a Viking Toaster:

http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer...ed-countertop-appliances-/2-slot-toaster---vt

It should get hot enough. And also has a "rewarm" setting, probably be good for melting the cheese. I'm not putting the toaster on it's side though. It was rather expensive.

If you buy the correct parts from a reliable manufacturer they do not. And any car - regardless of origin (foreign or domestic) will serve you well if maintained properly.

This is so not true it's not even funny. I've done everything to take care of my LS and it has been a heap, with random **** breaking constantly. 4 years in and the warranty work that was covered under the ESP from Ford I bought has almost paid out as much as I paid for the car.

I still love this car to death, but dude isn't lying about having to replace coils constantly. My transmission **** the bed completely at 57k miles.

I have a Viking Toaster:

http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer...ed-countertop-appliances-/2-slot-toaster---vt

It should get hot enough. And also has a "rewarm" setting, probably be good for melting the cheese. I'm not putting the toaster on it's side though. It was rather expensive.

Well then perhaps these will hold the key, I've always known of them but never tired em. I don't know if it shows or not but I was really interested in making grilled cheese sandwiches in a toaster once.

http://tinyurl.com/bsl2vzg

This is quickly becoming worthy of its own thread.

This is so not true it's not even funny. I've done everything to take care of my LS and it has been a heap, with random **** breaking constantly. 4 years in and the warranty work that was covered under the ESP from Ford I bought has almost paid out as much as I paid for the car.

I still love this car to death, but dude isn't lying about having to replace coils constantly. My transmission **** the bed completely at 57k miles.

Which all sounds like a case of "you got a bad one". I'll give you the coils, because ****, even Ford said enough was enough and you can get em replaced on their dime provided you have a 2000-2005 of course.

The tranny though, if the catostrophic tranny failure you described was anywhere near common the internet would be rife with the information, which it is not. The LS is ultra average in terms of maintince and relabilty, nothing to write home about for being great or a pile of crap. Every model will have a handful of vehicles that just suck.

My girlfriend's father's 2005 Honda Civic got an entire new engine on Honda's dime due to "Holes in the engine block". Riddle me that batman, I thought Hondas were supposed to be great.

My girlfriend's father's 2005 Honda Civic got an entire new engine on Honda's dime due to "Holes in the engine block". Riddle me that batman, I though Hondas were supposed to be great.

Honda's quality plummeted during that time. They're just now getting back.

In the early days, they actually sold for a loss. It helped build their reputation, but then they just relied on that.

... I'll give you the coils, because ****, even Ford said enough was enough and you can get em replaced on their dime provided you have a 2000-2005 of course....

Sorry, no.
There's only coverage for 2003 to 2005.
There's only coverage for the V8.
There's only coverage for 100K miles or 10 years. - This means that for the most part, only some 2004 and 2005 are now covered as the 10 year part has expired on most 2003 ones.

Well I didn't know there was that many requirements. I have an 06 so I never really read into it too indepth.

had a party once, wouldn't let one of my best friend park his Taco(ma) in my driveway next to the Power Strokes and DirtymaXXes! his @ss had to park almost a block away on the street. never quit crying about it the whole night. we laughed. hard.

drive what you want to, but dont come in here and act like your piece of sh!t is cool. you can polish a turd all you want, but at the end of the day, you still have poop on your hands.

We just have a toaster oven to avoid this whole problem.

Members online

Back