They say bad luck comes in 3's...

96Cordovan

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been away from LVC for a little while and I just logged on and saw that both LaserSVT and Nolimit have had some pretty bad luck lately. Guys I'm sorry for your losses and I'm very glad you both are okay. I had an accident of my own at work and will not be able to drive anymore.

Because of that I'm going to be selling my 96 Diamond Anniversary and I'm curious to see what you guys think I should ask for it. It is cordovan in color with good paint, super clean interior, everything works. It only has 100xxx miles on it and runs and shifts good. It has some upgrades. Brand new LMS exhaust and air intake tube with silencers removed. The following has been done or added in the last 5000 miles - MSD coil packs and plug wires, Autolite 764 plugs, front and rear brakes with wagner thermo quiet pads and new rotors, right outer tie rod end, New A/C compressor and drier, new serpentine belt, new power brake booster, new Bridgestone Potenza Grid009 tires, 93 one piece driveshaft, 4.10 gears with Ford Trac Lok, and new extension housing gasket on transmission with J-mod done at same time. I will also be throwing in the clear LSC housings I bought for it and never had the time to install. They are perfect but of course they have no bulbs. I will also throw in 2 good VCRM's and 2 IMRC's for the infamous 96.

There are some pics of the car in my thread about getting the exhaust done. I will try to have somebody take some more pics to post in the near future. I am not getting around at all right now so I can't do it myself.

Any insights on an asking price would be appreciated. I have no idea what to ask for since I never thought I would sell the car. I know I won't recoup what I have into it but I can't see it just sit. Id rather have it go to someone who can love it and enjoy it like it deserves.

Thanks in advance for the insight/advice.

Not be able to drive any more? What happened? :(

Still kind of hard to talk about. I was under my 96 welding some brace bars to the new exhaust. I was outside under it on a creeper. We rent UHauls at my shop too. Somebody that had just picked one up was backing it up to turn around. I saw them coming but couldn't move fast enough and he ran over my legs. I got medevac'ed to the hospital but ended up losing both of my legs above the knee.

I'm doing as good as can be expected for now and I'm home so I guess that's the important part. Eventually I will get prosthetics but I won't be able to drive with them.

Hand controls man, unless you need the cash dont sell it just yet, ive seen Mark 8s with them before.

I don't know man. I am (was :/) 6' 3" 330lbs. I don't think I'll be able to get in and out of the Mark since it sits so low. I also have a Tahoe so once I can get around better I'm gonna send it to get controls installed and I might be able to use that. Its really too soon for me to think about right now.

I understand, im 300lbs right now and its not real easy to get in and out of my Mark 8 let alone my Firebird anymore, the Tahoe would be easyer for you. Try not to get down about what happened, if it didnt kill you it WILL make you a stronger person.. dont be scared to get back up on that horse once you start feeling better.

Man, I am sorry to see this. Here I am about to cry over some stupid car and then you bring something to the table much worse. i mean, we both kinda escaped death I suppose but, I wouldn't even want to imagine. Nothing anyone says really is going to make things better. All I can say is that I'm sorry about what happened. I know that's no good because I see the same thing and people are calling me saying it and it's not helping but good to know that there are people out there that do care.

Just because of your case, I removed my sig pics. They're nothing to complain about compared to what you have been through. 2010 isn't looking too good so far.

wow man why is there so much heartache on here lately, wtf???? 96 i am sick to my stomach from reading what you wrote, i just cant even imagine that happening, its horrifying. i hope everything works out for you, the best it can i mean, its kind of hard to think anything would be be alright after that, but be strong man, we are all with you.

OMG... that is awful... I really hope you can make as full of a recovery as possible...

Seriously keep the car, you can use it again!

I'm speechless. All I have to say is do what your heart dictates man. Do what you know is right & what is best for you & your family. These cars are materialistic things in life, they come & go. God chose you to stay that day because you know it could've been worst. Read up online, there are so many cases like yours & they end up walking & even running in marathons. Wishing you nothing but the best of luck & you WILL pull through!

Yeah I'm in total shock also. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'd say keep the car you'll pull through it.

Im sorry to hear about this. I always thought if something like this ever happened to me Id have the baddest wheelchair on the planet. Candy paint, chrome wheels, the works.

I am so sorry to hear that dude, reading that actually made my eyes water up. This is why people who are driving need to be more aware of their surroundings.

I am sorry to hear that again man, like I don't even know what to say to that.

Oh my God, this is just horrible. All I can say is I'm very sorry about what happend to you. I wish you the best.

That's terrible news to hear from anyone. Especially from a fellow member. It pains me to think that you may not be able to drive that car anymore. I can't even begin to wrap my head around how you must feel right now. You've done some damn fine work on it! I'm sure you wouldn't have any problem selling it for a good price considering what you've done with it, but I agree with these guys about keeping it, at least until you know for sure that you would or wouldn't be able to use it.

That's tarrible i don't even know what to say... i wish you the best of luck and my thoughts are with you.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. Being a big guy myself I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. And I hope it does not come in 3's because in reality Stangman hitting a deer was #1. You would be the start of a new cycle.

oh my God, I'm sorry to hear that....I couldn't even imagine.....i will keep you in my prayers.....i give you credit for even being on here....i don't think i could.

...speechless..God bless you and give you the strength to endure and overcome this trial, you have all of our thoughts and prayers

Members online

Back