The LS is officially no more..

I'm surprised noone else commented on the driver door. Looks like it's drooping towards the back. Did you have to check an extra options box with Chrysler for that?? :p

NO MORE LS OF THE MONTH FOR YOU!!!!!

lol.....have fun with the chrysler...that's the car I was originally going for when I came across the LS in the Dodge lot (with the cryslers) and fell in love with the LS. Though I hate the MPG, it's done me alright. I might consider a CTS-V if I had to go with a faster luxury-american car

congrats on the new car.... im sure your gonna be happy with the new found power...my girlfriends mom has a '07 300c and that feels a hell of alot faster then my LS - so i can only imagine how fast the SRT8 feels...have fun, good luck =)

I just knew you were going to mosey up to an 300c SRT8 when you decided to move on....

friend has an '06 with a Diablo tune and Corsa exhaust ( cat delete ).... ran 12.69 at E-town last summer... traction problems because his trap speed of 115 plus should put him in the low 12's... he needs a better 60 ft

nice car.. pretty fast

Actually the 300C is based on the E320 benz I believe.

nope the 300 is based off the Charger :p

the chrysler brand can't make anything close to euro quality...reason why it wasn't a luxury brand...just had some luxury models.....that would be like saying the new Taurus SHO is a luxury car :p

nope the 300 is based off the Charger :p

the chrysler brand can't make anything close to euro quality...reason why it wasn't a luxury brand...just had some luxury models.....that would be like saying the new Taurus SHO is a luxury car :p

well repete, if there is one thing we can count on, it you being wrong, how the hell is the 300 based off of the charger when the charger was released AFTER the 300

"The LX platform is Chrysler's full-size rear wheel drive automobile platform for the mid part of the 2000s. The LX was developed in America using components borrowed from the Mercedes-Benz W220 S-class control arm front suspension, Mercedes-Benz W210 E-Class the 5-link rear suspension, the W5A580 5-speed automatic, the rear differential, and the ESP system. The LX cars are built at Brampton Assembly in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. The European variant and all RHD models are built in Graz, Austria by Magna Steyr, they go by the platform designation of LE.

Vehicles using the LX platform include:

2005– Chrysler 300 sedan, station wagon (LE Only)
2005–2008 Dodge Magnum station wagon
2006– Dodge Charger sedan"

what about the 300m? thought the Chasis was the big change for the 300 but the underbelly/style is somewhat similar inside. And the 300m has been out since about the LS's time

that would be like saying the new Taurus SHO is a luxury car :p

well since it is based off of the same platform as the MKS, and has all most all the same high tech options as the MKS (eco-boost, BLIS, adaptive cruse control...) it can be argued that @ $45k, it is considered a luxury car,

what do consider a luxury car, fast (360hp) leather heated seats(taurus has them) big wheels (sho option), safty (the taurus has always had a very good safty rating), high technology (B.L.I.S., hid's, sonar based cruise control, the MyKey system, all had by the taurus)

or do you call a car a luxury car just based off of the emblem on the front like Lexus (AKA toyota camery with woodgrain and a preimum sound system), or Acura (which they just call a Honda every where outside of the us), i can see that you dont think that Fiat can make a good car even though i tend to think that there Ferreri and maserati make some decent cars

what about the 300m? thought the Chasis was the big change for the 300 but the underbelly/style is somewhat similar inside. And the 300m has been out since about the LS's time

The LH platform served as the basis for the Chrysler Concorde, Dodge Intrepid, Eagle Vision, and other models. This was Chrysler's best-known automobile platform after the Chrysler K platform of the 1980s.

The second generation LH cars used the 2.7 L DOHC V6 and 3.2 L SOHC V6 as well as an updated version of the older 3.5, and a four-speed automatic transmission.

Cars that used the second revision of the LH platform include:

1998-2004 Chrysler Concorde
1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid
1999-2001 Chrysler LHS
1999-2004 Chrysler 300M
2002-2004 Chrysler Concorde Limited
All models again shared a wheelbase of 113 inches (2,900 mm). The 300M was several inches shorter than Concorde, Intrepid, & LHS, due to shorter front and rear overhangs in order to bring the car's length under 5 meters.

there is a big difference between the two platforms, even though for some reason you think they look alike but lets start with FWD V6 vs RWD V8

and as far as the insides looking alike, that all just plastic sh!t, you could make your LS interior fit into an explorer or a civic if you want, they probably look similar because they are being sold under the same brand and chysler wants all the people who bought 300's back in 99 to come back and buy the newer version in 06 and have a car that they are familier with and trusted

never said they looked alike. Just assumed they were alike. Never researched much into it before I wanted to buy and know nothing of 300s afterwards.

And yes "Luxury" has always been pressured onto me by the badging. Plus I never dissed Fiat, I just don't know who the hell they are...kinda like Cadillac's Australian counterpart :p

well a good car is a good car no matter who name is on the front, and just because a good name is on the front doesnt mean the car is great either, i'v worked on some pretty f'ed up benze's and lexuses(i'm not sure of the plural of lexus, maybe lexi). most people (uninformed) dont think VW makes a good luxury car, but the Audi's and lambo's do kick some a$$. and a lot of people dont think ford can make a fast car, those people have never been for a ride in a GT (the super car not the pony), its all about how the car was designed, what it was built with and what the finished product can actually do.

the new taurus is actually a very well designed car, with some features that you cant get in a equally priced MB or BMW, and i was suprized (eventhough i shouldnt have been) when a SHO blew my f$%&*$ doors off on the highway the other day, it definitly made me want my next car to be a MKS W/ Eco-boost, will it handle as good as the LS, probably not, but inside and out its one super nice car with some real power, and if its anything like the older sho's it might actually have an aftermarket

I'm surprised noone else commented on the driver door. Looks like it's drooping towards the back. Did you have to check an extra options box with Chrysler for that?? :p

LOL the door is partially open. Trust me that the door is just fine. :) That was one of the dealer pictures, since it's been too crappy out to take my own.

I'll be doing the exhaust, tune, 180 stat and maybe an intake. Although as this car stands now, it certainly doesn't need it. It's stupidly fast for how heavy it is. stock. So much so, that giving it some pedal makes me feel like the damn accelerator is stuck, that's how much this car just keeps on pulling. Big grin on my face is an understatement. :D

LOL I got out before any major sh*t went down.

Here is a list of things that my LS gave me fits with that were or would be problems soon:

- The steering wheel has shimmied from the day I bought it. Bent wheel that wasn't fully cureable with a balancing
- The rear end on part throttle while cruising made a lovely, light howl
- The rear end links were wiped out
- Every door/door panel/window rattled over bumps (this drove me NUTS)
- It needed shocks all around
- The trans had the notorious shift flare
- The mysterious beeps
- The parking brake that didn't work for 2 years, then worked the day I was trading it in
- Let's not even get into the coil issues that I stopped bringing it to the dealer and did them myself
- The MPG SUCKED. I get the same city MPG in this car with 140 more horses. Highway is a different story now that I'm driving a 2 ton car with the aerodynamics of a brick lol

That's just some stuff. I'm sure I'm forgetting since I've been up since 4 this morning and have a nasty cold. Certainly not complaining and definitely not going to be an ex-LS owner/hater because I liked my LS a lot - moreso the looks of it - I just needed something to satisfy my need for speed. I was certainly not going to mod my daily driver with how delicate these cars are. Been there, done that with a few Lincolns. I learned my lesson. lol Like I mentioned, I was kinda sad when I walked past the LS to hop into the 300. It was a good car for the 3 years/30k I drove it.

I can honestly say that I really don't see the dealership getting much more for that car than they gave me. I'm still waiting for them to call me and ask, "WTF did you trade into us??" lol

I am about an hour away from pottstown,if your bored and u really miss your ls,i will bring mine 2 you,i have a misfire i cant locate,

well repete, if there is one thing we can count on, it you being wrong, how the hell is the 300 based off of the charger when the charger was released AFTER the 300

"The LX platform is Chrysler's full-size rear wheel drive automobile platform for the mid part of the 2000s. The LX was developed in America using components borrowed from the Mercedes-Benz W220 S-class control arm front suspension, Mercedes-Benz W210 E-Class the 5-link rear suspension, the W5A580 5-speed automatic, the rear differential, and the ESP system. The LX cars are built at Brampton Assembly in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. The European variant and all RHD models are built in Graz, Austria by Magna Steyr, they go by the platform designation of LE.

Vehicles using the LX platform include:

2005– Chrysler 300 sedan, station wagon (LE Only)
2005–2008 Dodge Magnum station wagon
2006– Dodge Charger sedan"

that is true, the 300c came out after the 300m, and that was before the charger was introduced

Members online

Back