suspension once and for all

That's my point I AM already in the forum (THIS one that is entitled "Lincoln Mark VIII") that I want to search and the search tools is labeled "Search This Forum". I also went to > advanced > sort by threads, but this thread does not appear for me when I search for 'suspension'.

However, I got to thinking it might only be returning posts that I have not viewed already, but I am not sure of that and not about to weed through all that junk to find out.

Anyway, thanks again to you guys. I will crawl on back to the moderated forums I'm familiar with and they seem to don't mind questions.

Works fine.
25119163.png

but this thread does not appear for me when I search for 'suspension'.

However, I got to thinking it might only be returning posts that I have not viewed already, but I am not sure of that and not about to weed through all that junk to find out.

I will crawl on back to the moderated forums I'm familiar with and they seem to don't mind questions.

You just putting in suspension will indeed create a large amount of nothing. That is why you need to be specific in what is it with suspension you are looking for, ie;LCA, UCA, balljoint, shock, spring, airbag.

It has nothing to do with what you previously viewed, it results in all pertaining to your keywords.

Do not be sensitive, this is diffinately not my first dance with a forum. I've been involved from Mustangs to truck forums. They all have the same mentality when it deals with the senior members, the ole "I have heard it all syndrome, over and over". Been with many in my time, we all like questions and challenges. But not everyday the same question. That is why threads are not deleted and a search engine is available.

Works fine.
25119163.png

True, now I get the same results as in mark01's screen shots. But then again, SATURN5's more recent post with a similar name is not there yet. So maybe it is just a timeline or archiving thing with the threads.

I know how searches work, I was just giving one example that things are not always perfect and some folks may be trying to clear up confusion when they ask a question on someone's peeve list.

And good thing Saturn5 reposted this because we done hijacked this one good. But you can't blame me entirely, I did not start the hijacking, just responded to it.

That's at the control arm, which comes with the new control arm if I'm not mistaken. Your looking for the bushings at the other end of the strut rod towards the front of the car.

That's at the control arm, which comes with the new control arm if I'm not mistaken. Your looking for the bushings at the other end of the strut rod towards the front of the car.

You're mistaken, the strut rod bushings do not come with the Moog/TRW LCA's

strut rod bushings ( rod to control arm ) or ( rod to frame ) are bought seperate from all other front end parts, they dont come included with anything else.

So should I replace both of the bushings, if not which ones are the the ones you wrote about.

the ones that are on the control arm end of the strut rod are the ones that fail more often, i normally dont change the large ones on the front of the strut rod unless i see damage to them, its your call, inspect them if they are ripped or dry rotted change them, if they look ok i would leave them alone.

Front end

Very nicely done Jamie.Thanks for your help when I was doing mine.Everybody should take heed of this thread.You just cant make it any easier.

Point of interest. The Moog bushings that I and others have had issues with are the strut rod to k-member ones, not the strut rod to LCA bushings.

I only say this because I see you have only the rear SRB in your picture and not the front SRBs.

so what do we use instead? i have the moog strut rod to k member and they aren't working out.

so what do we use instead? i have the moog strut rod to k member and they aren't working out.
OEM. Which apparently cant be found any more without getting the full $200+ kit and even then is hard to locate.

I agree with the sticky.Even if someone asks the question a simple "look at the sticky's" would work.Anyway good thread.Just a a couple of questions.

What are the advantages of going witht the T-Bird lower control arm?

And,I may have to replace my front stuts,not sure yet,and was wondering if I went with the non-air conversion if there were any disadvantages,other than the cost difference?

I agree with the sticky.Even if someone asks the question a simple "look at the sticky's" would work.Anyway good thread.Just a a couple of questions.

What are the advantages of going witht the T-Bird lower control arm?

And,I may have to replace my front stuts,not sure yet,and was wondering if I went with the non-air conversion if there were any disadvantages,other than the cost difference?

There is no difference on the LCA's between Tbird and Markviii. Except for price.

As for the strut replacement, if you have the coin, go air. If not, do the setup that Jaime recommended in the other strut replacement thread. The coil conversion packages will provide you with a car that you can drive, but not one that equals the OEM setup.

- yes im going to get hell for asking his question but whats wrong with the arnott setup for the upper control arms

- yes im going to get hell for asking his question but whats wrong with the arnott setup for the upper control arms

bushing quality and b/j blowouts or going bad in a short amount of time. Just overall quality compared to a Moog or OEM. But is you do not care about repeating the install and replacement and the cost to buy new ones in a yr, then nothing is wrong with them. But if you want to do it once and and last, then MOOG is the way to go.

There is no difference on the LCA's between Tbird and Markviii. Except for price.

As for the strut replacement, if you have the coin, go air. If not, do the setup that Jaime recommended in the other strut replacement thread. The coil conversion packages will provide you with a car that you can drive, but not one that equals the OEM setup.
Yeah,the coin may be the problem but if I have to replace them I plan on making it as temporary as possible.

people say the moog bushings arent "working" for the strut to k member,but i dont see anywhere how they arent working?

i am about to buy all the crap i need to re-do my front end and i want to know what the moogs do/dont do at the k member properly.

noise?
binding?
wear quickly?

??

do tell.

thanks

wear quickly.
mine were soft in 3 months causing my car to dart under braking. the strut rod moved allowing my tire to move an inch or so in the fender well.
i have also seen a few that have collapsed entirely.

wear quickly.
mine were soft in 3 months causing my car to dart under braking. the strut rod moved allowing my tire to move an inch or so in the fender well.
i have also seen a few that have collapsed entirely.

and these were the blue moogs?

wow!

so i guess the cheap black rubber ones for $12 set are going to be even worse.

fudge.

and these were the blue moogs?

wow!

so i guess the cheap black rubber ones for $12 set are going to be even worse.

fudge.

yeah they were. i was ticked. they warrantied the bushings but i had to get it realigned. :mad:

ok, so reading around on Tccoa, looks like i might be better off getting the cheaper black rubber ones.

the moogs are thermoplastic and "break" quickly, factory are black rubber and the ones from napa and vatozone are black rubber with the word RAMCOA, not that that necessarily matters.
it sounds like hit or miss with the black ones

wth with moog making the inferior crap?

Members online

No members online now.
Back