So apparently 613 Mark VIIIs were traded in for CFC

A GNX vin is worth more than $4500....

I saw a GNX in the DuPont Registry that was selling for $79K. Of course it was in showroom fresh condition with less than 20K miles on it.

alot of those people have had the car for sale anyway for less then 4500 and they couldn't sell them. if i could afford a new car, i would have took off my aftermarket parts and traded in my lincoln too. you guys can complain all you want, but none of you or anyone else was stepping up and buying the cars that were traded.

There is no possible way I'd trade my Mark in for a pos little FWD Japanese econobox. Not even if I could afford it. Absolutely. No. Possible. Way. Period. It may have a bunch of miles on it and a few minor problems. But it is fast as hell, rides great, holds me, my wife, and two car seats for the kids while getting 24mpg every day. I love my car!!!

In this very thread we can notice the mixed opinions, the fact of the matter is, the C4C happened. I'm not happy about it at all. I'm all about the environment & I understand fuel consuption is affecting us, etc... but I just hope our nice President doesn't decide on a repeat of it. In all sincerity I think all it did was place thousands of people in debt & nothing says "I LOVE BEING IN DEBT" more than a Toyota Prius, a Chevy Aveo or a Hyundai Accent. LONG LIVE THE NEW GAY CARS!

I am sad to see that many cars turned in. Hit up the junkyards that are getting them. Parts for everyone!!

The C4C program was for the environment? It has been shown the "carbon footprint" from manufacturing just about all the hybrid BS econoboxes far outweigh their supposed fuel savings.

Mother nature spews out more 'greenhouse' gases in natural events in one hour than the C4C program 'saves' us in a year. argue2

194328main_socalfire1-20071025_516px.jpg

Murderers... F'ing murderers....

And I dont normally think this way, but, it just goes to show that the gov sure seems to want to brainwash us and control us...

The world is gonna turn out in 1 of 2 ways:

MAD MAX

or

Mark my words, if something isnt done, I can feel it coming...

The c4c program was one thing. Just another way to give all of the auto manufacturers another shot in the arm. This way they could get rid of their remaining 2009 cars. That's all, nothing more. OH, and as far as the rules reguarding who qualifies. Do you think the government or the dealers really gave a :q:q:q:q. As long as they are selling cars, that all they need to know.

Oh, good. I was about to hate him as I was reading his mods in his signature. :lol:

no jap eco box for me never!!! If they don't wise up, I'll start driving the grand prix all the time.....400 cubic inches of non-catalytic converter having american V8 baby!!!!!

KK's got it, My boss saved that car for me to blow up lol. Didn't take long at all either. I would never do that to any of my cars...My mark will live forever. Unless it gets totaled it will always be mine.

You gotta be :q:q:q:qting me...

There's a 1997 Aston Martin DB7 Volante on that list...

Not to mention, a 2008 Audi A4 Cabrio, a 2005 Mazda RX-8, a 2000 Jag XK8 vert etc. etc.

Are people really that moronic? All of those cars are worth considerably more than $4,500.

I don't get it... :mad:

I sooo would have paid $5000 (or more) for that DB7, had I known it was going to be ruined! :mad::mad::mad:

Apparently none of those Mark VIII owners were part of the LVC family, because if they were they would have made more money cannibalizing their Marks.:eek:
I know MARKVIII93 is part of this forum...But he's been excommunicated for getting rid of the 95 LOL:bowrofl:

i kinda wished a markviii came in my boss said i could strip it....but none came in, but i got lots of explorer goodies and a damn near new air compressor off of a expedition

There is no possible way I'd trade my Mark in for a pos little FWD Japanese econobox. Not even if I could afford it. Absolutely. No. Possible. Way. Period. It may have a bunch of miles on it and a few minor problems. But it is fast as hell, rides great, holds me, my wife, and two car seats for the kids while getting 24mpg every day. I love my car!!!

i never said anything about an econobox. IIRC there only needed to be a 2mpg improvement. if i had the money i was going to see if a new mustang qualified.

OK.... I HAVE TO VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY IF I OFFEND ANYONE!

My personal opinion like it or not is that this SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!!! Yes, they should have donE the Cash for Clunkers deal but all collected good running vehicles with no major mechanical issues could've been shipped to third world countries that need them. Now u see why they hate us so much around the world? There are people riding in Flintstone type vehicles in other countries yet here we are destroying perfectly good cars, some in amazing shape. Just because they "chug" a bit a fuel. Then there are the fu****g RETARDS that traded them in for C4C knowing the fate of their own car. How FU****G cold are they? I know cars dont have feelings & I know its just material things but how much cerebral palsy do u have to have not to realize what u are doing? There was an idiot that traded in a 1984 MASERATI!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! Look it up on youtube to find the video.

It's just like the Milk producers who pour out perfectly good milk,on Nat'l. TV to make a point of artificially creating a shortage to raise the price, when they could also have given it to the poor, who couldn't afford to buy it at any price and the same effect would have been achieved get it off the market. and created some much good publicity!

Members online

No members online now.
Back