So apparently 613 Mark VIIIs were traded in for CFC

350TPI

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I found this on another site.Sad to see so many traded in.
Copy and pastewww.cars.gov/files/official-information/trade-in-vehicles.pdf

I'm pretty sure with free money floating around their were some stealerships that took any car u brought them. Someone always finds a way around the system.

thats crazy....people traded in vettes? no impala ss's tho and a lot of mark viii's? 156 94's but only 1 97?????......and the part that makes me sick...someone traded a GNX in for cash for clunkers??? I HIGHLY DOUBT that.....but if someone was dumb enought to do it and the dealership did it....then they both deserve to be murdered!!!!!!! Even from a monetary standpoint it doesn't make sense

gnx.jpg

A GNX!? Someone needs to be shot! They are worth over 20K are they not?
Its sad about the Marks. I figured a hundred or so but not that many. :( Figure mist people sell them for under $2000 and it makes financial sense but still..... that sux. :(

Ya I saw that 77 vettes.

How about 24 Lightning pickups.
There are some gt40 heads you can kiss goodbye.
One was a 2000!!!!! stupid..... just plain stupid.

if I were trading in a car for that program it would be stripped of everything that is not required to keep it running before they ever saw it

I hope whoever traded in their cars feel like real badasses in their new Versas

My friend works at a dealership, said it was depressing to watch them ruin perfectly good vehicles. It`s sad that the Govt. did that, there are plenty of deserving, down on their luck families that could have used some good reliable transportation.

OK.... I HAVE TO VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY IF I OFFEND ANYONE!

My personal opinion like it or not is that this SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!!! Yes, they should have donE the Cash for Clunkers deal but all collected good running vehicles with no major mechanical issues could've been shipped to third world countries that need them. Now u see why they hate us so much around the world? There are people riding in Flintstone type vehicles in other countries yet here we are destroying perfectly good cars, some in amazing shape. Just because they "chug" a bit a fuel. Then there are the fu****g RETARDS that traded them in for C4C knowing the fate of their own car. How FU****G cold are they? I know cars dont have feelings & I know its just material things but how much cerebral palsy do u have to have not to realize what u are doing? There was an idiot that traded in a 1984 MASERATI!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! Look it up on youtube to find the video.

Yes, they should have donE the Cash for Clunkers deal
They shouldn't have done that ridiculous program at all.
It was an idiotic, wasteful government program that used borrowed taxpayer money to destroy wealth.

The program is a failure on every level.

how did the dealer take the mark 8 and get paid when i looked up mine on the gov web site just to see (showing my gf that she needed to get rid of her pos chrysler) my mark 8 and her chrysler both did not qualify so how did so many get traded in and approved

must suck to be stuck in your 1978 pos truck knowing that hundreds of 1998 trucks are getting destroyed for fun and pleasure

Listen, a lot of these cars had serious issues that kept them from being worth more than $4500. Let's be honest, few Mark's can command that price and we've all seen how bad a bad Mark can really be.

I would assume a lot of those Corvettes traded in were barely running under their own power or had crash damage. It's a great way to unload a ruined car. Same with that Maserati Bi-Turbo. It's a huge piece of :q:q:q:q with a great label slapped on it. A dealer would rather pay full trade in on a car they can sell again rather than have to wait months for government money that may not come for a temporary program. I am interested in how an SVT lightning was worth less than $4500. No shame in losing a bunch of those :q:q:q:qty 90's lightnings though.

alot of those people have had the car for sale anyway for less then 4500 and they couldn't sell them. if i could afford a new car, i would have took off my aftermarket parts and traded in my lincoln too. you guys can complain all you want, but none of you or anyone else was stepping up and buying the cars that were traded.

true, but offer me a buick GNX at any price of near $4500 and I will buy it, if i don't have the cash i will beg, borrow and steal!

i remember 1987, i was like 3 or 4 years old....went to the buick dealership on roosevult blvd in philadelphia with my dad and grandpop...i remember looking at this black buick in the showroom, story goes that he wanted to buy a GNX and they had one in the showroom...sticker on it was 29,000, they wanted $59,000, obviously we didn't get it....but jeeze i can't believe someone would clunker one :(

The GNX is a weird outlier. I can't come up with any explanation beyond that it had been hit BAD and was just driveable enough to get on the lot. Huge shame about the motor, but at least it's salvageable for a minimum of 180 days.

Members online

No members online now.
Back