Sapperfire and 4.6 motors

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This man has the WORST luck with 4.6 DOHC motors. After much searching we ordered a low....ish mileage 4.6 from a salvage yard. They told me when removing it that they dammaged a valve cover. Figured since we had spares it really didnt matter since I was assured the motor was ok otherwise.
So the motor gets here and we tear it down for inspection and beautification as well as some other special goodies. Only problem is the motor wont turn over. Quick inspection reveals:

Sappbroke.jpg

Oh joy. :mad: Being the curious type I dive further into the motor and see #3&#4 have but a single spark plug thread and the plugs cant go back in the head. Lovely way to spend several hundred bucks. :mad:

Was gonna buy Frogs old block but he is MIA. Anyone have a deal on a good motor? Sick of pushing his car around. :lol:

Not sure if it would work for you or not but he did have this one listed for $450 and I know he would take that for it. He had the Conti wheels and new tires for sale for $450 and then dropped to $300 and then someone snagged them before I could get there to get them. What the hell made him put $601 on the motor, I'll never know.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pts/2930703233.html

I was looking on ebay today they have engine that come with 30 day warrentys. So pretty much enough to know they work. Just an idea

I was looking on ebay today they have engine that come with 30 day warrentys. So pretty much enough to know they work. Just an idea
False. This was an ebay motor with a 30 day warrenty. The motor is bad.

Oh boy!

I just want to buy a longblock to build a forged internals, cammed, blower set up(can't afford the blower set up yet) a little at a time. I'd like to overbore it and put in a stroker crank too if feasible. I'd hate to spend good money and get screwed.

Hes getting it from GMAN so it should be good.

GMAN says the cars a 97, but the engine has the rubber piece under the Plenum, which I believe was 98 only...or maybe a late prod 97

I'm looking for another 98 to redo. Nothing wrong with mine right now. No shudder or anything but I just like 98's better. Anyway.....

That us a myth. It don't matter what year it is. If it is rebuilt properly, it is done with all the latest and greatest parts anyway. 93-98.

That us a myth. It don't matter what year it is. If it is rebuilt properly, it is done with all the latest and greatest parts anyway. 93-98.

98's have the one way clutch. I don't want one to rebuild. Just wanted one with under 100K miles to j-mod. 97 and prior did not have the one way clutch and the TC friction materials in the 98 are far superior to the pre 98's.

If you don't want to rebuild, you don't want this one. Fluid was blacker than the car it came out of

Members online

Back