Sapperfire and 4.6 motors

On a side note...if your just pulling the motor from a car, no need to remove fuel tank or drive shaft :)

On a side note...if your just pulling the motor from a car, no need to remove fuel tank or drive shaft :)

If anyone would know, it would be you. I have only pulled one and it was in the 93 that got t-boned. Pulled the motor and trans out the top, in the garage. No, sorry, just the motor. The trans was dropped under the car. I remember using the internal solenoids from that trans in the 98 trans.

Anyway, how long is it going to be before you have the newest one in? If the trans had solid black fluid, that would make me wonder how well the engine was taken care of.... Juss sayin. How many miles on the upcoming motor?

140k on new motor...oil in it looks OK...I think this is one of those cases where previous owner knew to change oil and coolant, forgot everything else

It'll be a couple weeks at best, I still have body work/paint and some interior

Being a mechanic ..I've asked the questions, how often do you change your oil, to which I usually get a normal answer, then ask how often the trans is serviced, which usually gets me the "deer in headlights" look

That's good mileage and just getting broke in good. Some people do just change oil and plugs and maybe an air filter but nothing else. One car you can not do that on and get by with it is a Mark VIII. It will catch up with you one day or another and usually when you don't have money to fix it. :) This is why I don't drive mine often. I just let it stay in it's bedroom and keep it clean. :p

:iconcur:
If the trans had solid black fluid, that would make me wonder how well the engine was taken care of.... Juss sayin. How many miles on the upcoming motor?

In most cars, people are oblivious about the transmission fluid. I don't know why. I come across a lot of Marks where OD or some gear has been lost.

Just don't let it sit for too long

Mine averages 4 to 8 day setting periods and maybe driven very close by, unless It's Dr. appt. day and then getting my prescription filled usually requires having to drive from Madison, AL. to Decatur, AL. which is about 30 min away. Other than that, it remains in the garage.

:iconcur:

In most cars, people are oblivious about the transmission fluid. I don't know why. I come across a lot of Marks where OD or some gear has been lost.

We almost see it on here on a daily basis. Someone is always losing a gear or two on here. I lost OD on my 94 and it turned out being this part.

Two silver boxes. I forgot what it was called. This was back in 05 but swapping it out did fix the OD issue.I had OD when it was cold but after it heated up, it would slowly go away. I could drive 200 miles straight and have OD, if I started out that trip when it was cold but once I stopped, all I had was 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Swapped out part and refreshed fluid with about 5 quarts. Never went out on me again for 5 years.

3-4solenoid.jpg

Do you want this trans dude? My plans with it are scrap metal profit...you can have it for that price

Do you want this trans dude? My plans with it are scrap metal profit...you can have it for that price

No sir. I'm just looking for a deal like I got when I had the 94. It will have to be local but I got a 98 trans from a Mark, Florida car with 68K miles, delivered to my door for $250. The damn scrap guys stole it and never brought it back and kept my 3 good Octi's too with new tires. I know about where they are and have almost located them in Harvest, AL.

Scrap it Sapper. I'm not a trans rebuilder, just a 98 j-modder and electrical internal swap out person.

...The damn scrap guys stole it and never brought it back ...

Oh man that reminds me of what happened a few years ago. I had a '71 Connie with the 365hp/500ft-lb 10.5:1 compression D0VE-C head 460 that I sold the body for scrap and kept the engine for future use. I had the engine under a shed with a blue tarp over it at my grandpa's house. My dad told a guy that he could come pick up some scrap tin and steel sheet my grandpa had accumulated over the years just to get it out of the way. I went back later for some reason (can't remember now) and found that my engine was gone:eek: Not only that, but they took a couple of old dirt bikes and some plows and other tractor and farm equipment that wasn't part of the deal! That pi$$ed me off so bad! Nothing I could do. They were long gone. Who knows where that engine is now. It only had about 110k miles on it too!:(

Members online

No members online now.
Back