RotorPros Brake Package Special GB...

So apart from the cool appearance, what benefits would "drilled AND slotted" rotors provide versus "drilled OR slotted"? For everyday driving......

I checked my local Lincoln dealer and stock pads are ceramic fwiw.

So apart from the cool appearance, what benefits would "drilled AND slotted" rotors provide versus "drilled OR slotted"? For everyday driving......

I checked my local Lincoln dealer and stock pads are ceramic fwiw.

Sorry, have not been getting on the forums lately. Really, there is not a noticable performance difference from the stock rotors, or "drilled OR slotted". It is all about appearance and the great deal.

How long did it take you guys to receive them after you ordered them?
I'd like to do this next weekend but need to know if I will have a good chance of receiving them by next weekend if I order them.

He ships them USPS priority. so, if you order them RIGHT NOW, you may get them Saturday (that's the great thing about priority mail. Saturday is a delivery day too :D )

He ships them USPS priority. so, if you order them RIGHT NOW, you may get them Saturday (that's the great thing about priority mail. Saturday is a delivery day too :D )

Awesome, Thanks. Sounds like I'll be ordering them!

I just sent payment, I will let you guys know how it goes. I am looking forward to getting them :D

I got them in the mail yesterday, I looked it over, very impressive looking - weather permitting I will install tomorrow. I'll try and get a few pics up.

I also think its important to thank Mike for this thread and Rich at rotorpro's. Buying off the internet is a big concern of mine, you dont always know who you are working with or what quality the parts will be. Rich communicates very well, quick to respond to emails, lets you know when they are processing your order and even provides tracking information when he ships them. Thanks guys!

*edit: i thought my quote would be dated, just trying to reflect that it took 10 days (8 work days) to get my parts. Not bad! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
installed mine yesterday

Well it only took me about 3 months but I finally installed my new rotor and brake line package from rotor pros. The new brakes work great, I also did a full brake line bleed... and I would def recommend using a one man bleeder if you going to attempt this ( have used the old method of pushing the pedal and yelling at your friend to close the bleeder, no fun). You can pick on up at any auto parts store, they are pretty cheap, just wish the bottle was bigger. The new brakes don't bite as hard as I would like, but I def feel the difference when making aggressive stopping. Have not taken it on the 2222 hill or Volente Beach road yet (for any Austin peeps.) to give it some true aggressive break testing. Very satisfied and they look great.

Total time on all 4 wheels (with caliper cleaning, and brake system bleed) was about 7-8 hours. Would have gone a lot faster with a breaker bar, the caliper bolts are on with blue loc-tight and are a bitch to get off with a small wrench.

PS... the chrome capped lugs are a bitch, metal is to soft.

Last edited:
installed my breaks over the weekend, I took some pictures. Breaks work great (wait until you see how bad my breaks were) - I guess I had warped rotors as well, as I had developed a highway shake, which is gone now. After 4 days I am very happy.

I also live in the country so I was able to bed my breaks right away, even though the ceramic pads said it wasnt needed. No squeeks yet.

The rotors are supposed to be installed on specific sides of the car (left and right)? The box have markings with L or R. I guess is base on the directional nature of the slots?

how are your rotors holding up guys? how do they handle multiple hard stops? any shakes? rust on any non pad contact areas?

i got the sst lines through this group buy but am still looking for rotors. How much for just the rotors if i bought the lines already?

Is this guy small time or what?

I had asked for a quote from him some weeks ago. Received the quote within minutes. Had to wait for a pay check and told him yesterday I would take them. However I did not want to use Paypal. He said he would call me and take care of it with a CC over the phone about 6 emails later, and pretty much two days. I am still waiting to hear back.

I find it weird that he did not want to give me his telephone number to call him. I have never met a company that took so long to take my money.

Does anyone personally know this guy? I have missed two shipping days on this already.

yeah i think its just something he is doing in his spare time. he does get back to everyone that has inquired though eventually. just sit tight. its a pretty good deal so its worth waiting a couple days.

i don't think anyone has had issues with money and paypal with him though- i haven't anyway.

i just ordered mine a couple of days ago, rich said they where a little backed up due to the holliday.

We ordered 2 sets, took about 3 days for order fulfillment and painting black, and 5 days shipping via UPS Ground. Rears have been on since the weekend and fronts going on this weekend.

Received mine within a week from Rich. If you read the first thread, it gives his phone number. Some of his emails goes to his junk box, but he does see them sooner or later.

Brakes work great. I did not get the lines either. Charged me $250 for just the pads and rotors. Highly recommend them.

Everything is on its way. Looking forward to getting them in.

Quick question, is the rear setup any more difficult than the front? being it has the parking brake and all? I have not yet dissected the rears.

you need a special tool for the back to compress the caliper.

Quik already mentions this in his tech article, but to anyone waiting to install the lines, don't use the $hitty banjo bolt that comes with the kit. reuse your ford bolt and slowly torque to 35 ft-lbs.

edit- I misread his article- he does use the new banjo bolt. I still recommend using the old bolt though.

I picked up a kit a couple years ago with the tool at Harbor Freight (reg price $20). Has multiple fittings to do different cars so I've been able to use it for 2 different Fords, the LS, and Volvo.

(This is probably an easy question for a lot of you, but I'm not that experienced in car matters, so go easy on me... :) )

Is this the type of kit that I can just take to my local repair shop and ask them to install? Would it be like a $150 job or so?

I'm looking at $450 for *front* pads/rotors at the dealer, so I thought I'd check to see if there was a better option that would save me some cash in the long run and helpfully be comparable or better quality.

Yes, this is something that any reputable shop can install for you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back