RotorPros Brake Package Special GB...

if im right, then these are the onese I was talking to someone maybe pektel about and they are zinc coated to prevent rust... not 100% on any of the though so I guess just disreguard my post :p

My EBC's were also supposedly but the area of contact still rubs off. The Zinc coating left behind is on the hat and the edge of the rotor. But mine still rusted. And once that :q:q:q:q gets introduced to some road salt it kills your wheels.

The rotors are zinc coated and I have not experienced any rust on my rotors yet and they have been on for a few months now.

They do NOT rust on the areas that do not come into contact with the brake pads. Of course brake pads are going to remove teh zinc coating. And that wear area will rust after it gets wet. But all it takes a quick drive and the pads wear the rust off on the first application of the brakes to the rotor. The rust that bugs the isht out of me is on stock rotors that is outside of the wear pattern. Know what I mean?

+1, thats what Im talking about. Im just pissed cause my EBC's still rusted like how you describe the OEM ones.

Plus once that Zinc comes off and coats the wheel it will kill any finish on the wheel if introduced to moisture and road salts. My chrome stockers got all messed up one year.

Hello! Did you all do the work yourself on the rotors?
Do you pads last longer? Low replacement cost for pads?

So i've read this thread over like i don't know 20 times since it got posted. I'm about to call in and order them or ask if they still have the deal going but I have one final question as I'm confused with the mixed opinions ( is Ceramic better or Semi metallic pads the way to go???) I don't race my car and don't want to hear squealing as my pads are doing that now...I've read MIKEG links on Ceramic's but just would like to hear from ppl who have them on.

Thanks Guys!!

Yes this is still going I just recieved mine last week. Still 360 for ceramic pads.
Very happy with what I got for the money although I haven't been able to put them on to test them out yet.

But my question is from what I've read is that the Ceramic squeaks on occasion. I do a lot of city driving and don't want that i want quiet everyday all day! lol From reading on this post the semi metallic are ideal?? Any other insights???

If you break the pads in correctly, there should be no squealing. What I did was use the brake quiet gel on the back of the pads prior to installing them and then did about 10 hard brake sequences from about 70-10mph (on a back road or course). This gets the pads nice and hot (they will smell a bit, but this is good) and I have not had any squealing yet now at about 10K miles...

If you break the pads in correctly, there should be no squealing. What I did was use the brake quiet gel on the back of the pads prior to installing them and then did about 10 hard brake sequences from about 70-10mph (on a back road or course). This gets the pads nice and hot (they will smell a bit, but this is good) and I have not had any squealing yet now at about 10K miles...

yeah, it's called bedding, all new brake pad installs have to include this

you should do a sequence of hard stops from increasingly higher speeds until the brakes completely fade and barely slow the car down ( in safe place of course)......... let the pads cool and repeat the process one more time

I have seen cars with 30k miles that have never had their pads bedded, once you do this the braking system will be at it's most efficient

prepare for some smell...keep the windows down

This is what I have from Rich about the site and email:

We can still do it. I am not sure if you or anyone else has noticed but our website is down right now. Have all those interested send us a www.paypal.com payment to rotorpros@yahoo.com Our email sales@rotorpros.com is also down so make sure they contact us using the yahoo email or send payments to the yahoo address. Thanks

I put my order in over the phone with no issues. Have had the brakes sitting in my living room for over two months waiting to do an install. Tried to put them in last weekend only to find my lugs are stripped and my wrench would not get them off. I had to get a different socket to fit, but now waiting for a new front wheel bearing to do the install. Damn I must really love my car to put up with her crap.

I just sent payment, I will let you guys know how it goes. I am looking forward to getting them :D

So i been running this kit for a while. No problems except for a slight squeak. Other then that this package is legit!

Members online

No members online now.
Back