ripped camel's motor swap progress

thanks brent, i always feel i get screwed in the end though. i'm seriously considering not working on these cars for people anymore after this job is finished, its taking away from having any kind of life with my family and its getting pretty old.

its a game of sacrifice, you either sacrifice time with your family, friends, or yourself. you cant make everyone happy. Do what ya have to do and if it means saying sorry i cant to a friend then so be it, if they are a true friend they will understand, if they get pissed and start swearing at you your better off without people like that.

But it looks like you do pretty good work.

i'm just tired, thats what it comes down to, i had my first job on a payroll when i was 14, i work too much, its killing me, i am 33 and my body is like the body of a 50-60 year old. i cant work on things like i used to, a few years ago i could pull all nighters, paint an entire car in one weekend with no sleep, i'll die if i try it now. i am burning myself out, and never get to see my wife and kids, i have to stop thats all there is too it, i work fulltime all week and then 30 hours sometimes on a weekend, i cant no more. its time to work 5 days a week, and then get beer and a fishing pole and sit by the water all weekend and let the kids fish too. i need a life other than these god dam lincolns. 11 years of lincolns is enough, i cant keep fixing them. i'll drive mine, and hang out here like always, but i need to start saying no i cant sorry!

You need to charge enough to make it worth your while. If you charge more but still less than a normal shop, you still get the business. The job you are doing now would be at least a grand and up here. Then you can do less work for the same money, maybe more money.

its a game of sacrifice, you either sacrifice time with your family, friends, or yourself. you cant make everyone happy. Do what ya have to do and if it means saying sorry i cant to a friend then so be it, if they are a true friend they will understand, if they get pissed and start swearing at you your better off without people like that.

But it looks like you do pretty good work.

Exactly! Jamie don't worry bud. The first day you got it you called and said you had a headache and I said not to feel rushed and to take the day off. Then yesterday after your tireless, non-stop effort, 16+ hour day you texted me and said you would like to not meet on Sunday to work on it so you can spend it with the family and again like I said no biggie. As I mentioned in the PM I didn't even respond or message you because I wanted to not only physically but mentally give you a break from my car and anything about it.

You are doing me a solid and I don't want you to feel in any way rushed or like I expect you to drop what you are doing for me. You're a great guy Jamie and like I said no good deeds go unheard. I won't forget the help you've given me when I was down. Trust me on that :)

Take a Fuggin break man!!!!! You get burned out and its not a passion anymore it turns into a job. Go sit on the beach, drink a couple of beers, watch the sunset with the family and nail the sh*t out of the wife when you get home......then repeat for 5-7 days strait.

....just a hint...if you don't nail her...somebody WILL....trust me...I've tagged many house wives

...if Burger King won't give you a burger...you'll go to Sonic...same thing...I just squared my ol lady away...goodnight

you guys leave Jamie alone...can't ya'll see he had too much sex with Ripped Camel's Mark so he's done with any other sex for now???

I'm sure Jaime's doin that thing just right, don't you guys worry. The guy's got 2 kids, he knows what that things for.

exactly, and it still fires off real bullets, and i cant afford no more kids, and i cant afford insurance to pay for me to get clipped, so i dont need to pull my gun out for nothing except to piss. i'm too busy to entertain my wife, i put her through hell twice, she doesnt need sex either.

back to the motor and not my sex life
tonight after i got out of work i went to the shop and tore derrik's new motor apart,i removed the valve covers and intake, i removed the imrc's and threw them in the parts washer and got all the carbon :q:q:q:q off, i put a little never seize around the coolant crossover tube, put the imrc's back on, replaced the intake, put new valve cover gaskets and oil seals on the valve covers, put the entire engine back together, the only thing left to do to the engine is change the water pump, the spark plugs, and put the coil packs back on and the engine is ready to rock and roll, next is the tranny and put this heap of :q:q:q:q back together! i went to work at 7:30 and i just got home now its 10:30 pm i am eating salmon out of a can, thats dinner! i have pics but my dam phone wont send them to my email.

exactly, and it still fires off real bullets, and i cant afford no more kids, and i cant afford insurance to pay for me to get clipped, so i dont need to pull my gun out for nothing except to piss. i'm too busy to entertain my wife, i put her through hell twice, she doesnt need sex either.

back to the motor and not my sex life
tonight after i got out of work i went to the shop and tore derrik's new motor apart,i removed the valve covers and intake, i removed the imrc's and threw them in the parts washer and got all the carbon :q:q:q:q off, i put a little never seize around the coolant crossover tube, put the imrc's back on, replaced the intake, put new valve cover gaskets and oil seals on the valve covers, put the entire engine back together, the only thing left to do to the engine is change the water pump, the spark plugs, and put the coil packs back on and the engine is ready to rock and roll, next is the tranny and put this heap of :q:q:q:q back together! i went to work at 7:30 and i just got home now its 10:30 pm i am eating salmon out of a can, thats dinner! i have pics but my dam phone wont send them to my email.

Damn Jamie take a break man! I told you I would take care of all the gaskets and the IMRC's! Seriously man you are a workaholic and need to take time for yourself. I'm about to go to your shop and put a force field around my car so you can't work on it for a few days.

How bad were the IMRC's? Were they quite gummed up?

Btw...DLF verified the fuel pump so I'm going to see if any are local, or if any online can get it to me by Friday.

Hopefully I'll win the powerball on Wednesday...if I do I'll be buying you TONS of mods for your car, and a cruise for you and the fam :)

i cant take a break dude i need to get as much done as i can before you bring me stuff to finish, i cant make this drag on i have so much to do besides your car, i still havent even buffed that bmw, i garauntee he takes it back and i'll lose the money for that car, i really need the money but oh well! i want your car done and gone as soon as it can happen so anything i get done now is less i get done later!

Why not just let camels car sit while you do the BMW so you don't lose the job?

i cant take a break dude i need to get as much done as i can before you bring me stuff to finish, i cant make this drag on i have so much to do besides your car, i still havent even buffed that bmw, i garauntee he takes it back and i'll lose the money for that car, i really need the money but oh well! i want your car done and gone as soon as it can happen so anything i get done now is less i get done later!

Want my help on the BMW? I used to detail for years. You can buff it, and then I'll wax it. I would buff it for you but being that it is black and I haven't used a buffer in about 8 years I wouldn't want to get re-familiarized with it on a black car. Waxing would be a walk in the park.

here are thew pics from last night.
derrik.jpg

derrik2.jpg

derrik4.jpg

and all put back together....
derrik3.jpg

Members online

Back