Ripped Camel wants to sue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No... brand new Mach 1/Marauder torque converter from Blue Oval Chips (Lonnie). All of the following were also brand new: front seal, trans pan seal and valve body seals, and a 1-2 accumulator, plus a fill of fresh Merc V fluid.

The 98 tranny itself I bought used from Jamie.

Yes I see where it's going. When the engine I bought was bad they refunded my cash for the part and some towards parts I used on their faulty engine.

Well, it seems that you better get in touch with the peple you bought your parts from and go from there but the most they may do if its a faulty part is just replace the part otherwise the labor would be on you. Good luck with you dilemma!

the convertor is not brand new derek, its refurbished it said refurbsihed right on that huge stick on the box. you cant get a brand new convertor for what you paid.

Right, brand new as in I paid a store that has a packaged product with a warranty. It was not a used product with no warranty. It was rebuilt to factory specs then repackaged and resold with a warranty.

Are you trying to say that a refurbed tc is in the same condition as a used tc you pull out of Marks? NO...because they haven't been rebuilt!

Well, it seems that you better get in touch with the peple you bought your parts from and go from there but the most they may do if its a faulty part is just replace the part otherwise the labor would be on you. Good luck with you dilemma!

Thank you. Blue Oval gave me the info from the Ford dealer he bought it from and they gave me the appropriate receipt and said it will be a warrantied part under the 12 month 12,000 mile warranty for the part.

I think Jamie made his point pretty clear in those texts.

"You've driven the car for six months." His hands are clean.
He's not married to the car. If it had bee six days, perhaps, but 180 days later, you're on your own. And any shop does draw a line.

So your concern beyond that point was really nothing more than an irritant and could easily be perceived as scapegoating or just shifting responsibility.

Unless your enjoying the attention, or the community is enjoying the tension, drama, and pile on, there's little reason to continue this thread.

Did you need a new engine before you broke your valve cover? A simple "yes" or "no " will suffice.

No, I needed a new driver side head and valve cover. Good try though champ!

If you pay a business to fix your car to you expect them to warranty their work, or are you telling me you purposely go places that don't warranty work? A simple "yes" or "no " will suffice.

I have a receipt from Jamie's BUSINESS! We had an agreement that if there were any issues caused by errors in installation he would fix it at no additional cost. We agreed on this because so many steps were involved it is understandable that things do happen or get overlooked (like my idler pulley that flew off because it was overlooked). Why is this a hard concept for you to grasp?

I think Jamie made his point pretty clear in those texts.

"You've driven the car for six months." His hands are clean.
He's not married to the car. If it had bee six days, perhaps, but 180 days later, you're on your own. And any shop does draw a line.

So your concern beyond that point was really nothing more than an irritant and could easily be perceived as scapegoating or just shifting responsibility.

Unless your enjoying the attention, or the community is enjoying the tension, drama, and pile on, there's little reason to continue this thread.

My car hasn't ran right from day 1 of getting it back from him. The symptoms now make sense because they are from the failed tc. I chased other things because the thought of a failed tc never crossed our mind since it was just installed. I was simply saying that if it was because of faulty installation that I expected him to fix it.

Go look at all the posts of my issues after the install. You tell me that these problems just popped up 6 months later. That's BS! I've had these problems since day 1. They have compounded until finally the thing gave out.

This isn't asserting it was definitely Jamies fault, it simply means the car didn't run right. So if the part was a defect then since day 1 that thing has shown it's problems and it was noones fault but Ford.

As for the idea of ending this thread I find it amusing that now that I'm defending myself it's ok to want to end this thread, but when people were threatening my life and completely flaming me baselessly without even knowing what was going on there was no mention of ending the thread there. WTF is with that?

So Derek, does your reciept say "Jamie's Auto Repair - We warrant all work for 12mos/12k miles"?

Because a lot of shops will not warranty labor for customer provided parts. Even if they did, it would have to be a part of thier business plan, and you can trust you would pay a higher price for labor if they warrant ALL work regardless of who the chucklehead who focked up is.

If Jamie wrote down and signed a reciept saying "1year guarantee on workmanship", then you may have a leg to stand on. Crying about a friend to friend verbal aggreement for discount side-job automotive work to save you money isn't going to hold water. Jamie is not a repair center who you may be able to shaft for doing under the table non-reported work.

Besides, if you want the premium treatment, top shelf experience where the company takes the pole and the customer chooses how much vasoline to use, pony up the cash for that sort of service expeirience. Shops mark up repairs and part prices with overhead for more reasons than profit, to have a successful business a plan, accounting for contingencies is always necessary.

You are the reason for that contingency.

You got a FAVOR done for you, in the name of helping a guy with the same model car Jamie dealt with your pathetic ass. Take it from someone who is just a well-read and sensible consumer; you ain't gettin' anywhere pal. Instead of asking everyone around you to just listen to your sobbing or telling the guy who busted his ass working on your 15 year old already-been-squeezed lemon that he needs to be a man, maybe do a little research and back your verbal flatulence. I hear its a big part of being a lawyer. Take the shaft, it's yours for the taking all complimentary and such, like a free keychain, but in the bum. I hear a light smear of Preparation H helps.

Florida Department of Consumer Services Webpage said:
Check the invoice carefully. Make sure you understand the work that was performed and what you are paying for. Keep a copy of all work orders and receipts and get all guarantees or warranties in writing.

The Invoice Must Include:

Date and odometer reading.
Description of work.
Labor, parts and other merchandise costs.
Nature of parts (new, used, rebuilt, etc.)
Guarantee, if any.
Registration number from the certificate issued by the Department identifying your shop.

Well you keep on sayin "IF" there were any problems due to his installation you all had an "AGREEMENT"! Well if you have'nt figured it out yet MR. Law school dumb arse, IT IS NOT HIS INSTALLATION THAT IS WRONG, IT IS THE TORQUE CONVERTER"

"THE TRANS SHOP IS ALMOST CERTAIN IT IS THE TC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You wrote that or something that means the same as that! So leave him alone and you should have never said sh!t to him if it was not his fault! If the torque converter is bad it is not his fault! If the trans pump is leaking it is not his fault! If the front seal is leaking it is not his fault! If anyone of those were his fault they would have done it a long long time ago!

So quit trying to justify yourself for trying to get him to fix something that is not his fault because you have spent all your money on other sh!t..

Get over it, you bought the parts that he put on! and Now the parts failed! Not his installation! The damn tranny did'nt fall out! He did'nt leave your bell housing bolts off!
Just get the hell on, you make no sense with what you are saying!

Who gives a rats azzz about the agreement you had! That is out the window when it was your parts that are bad!

We'll holler at later bro!!!!

I think I speak for everyone when I say this. We all get a kick out of ripping on you because you make it so easy. Everyone wants to end the thread now, because you came in here opening your mouth and basically nobody wants to hear it. Thats how it stands, just be done, your :q:q:q:qs broke, its nobody's fault on this forum, appearantly, so lets not hear about it anymore.

I think he got all tuckered out trying to defend himself. LOL!

LOL I know one thing, I would never hire him for my lawyer! He makes no fugging sense in his argument! All he did was confirm Jamie's innocense in this whole situation then he still keeps hollering that "they had an agreement"!
So what the agreement is out the door when it is the parts fault!:confused: Just has me stumped as to how he can even fix his lips to say that sh!t...

All gossip. This thread should have never been started. Everyone of us is a jacka$$ in our own way.

I think you should have just waited till after you found out what the actual problem was first from the tranny shop before you went whining to Jamie, and for that you are a whiney Douche bag.

Well to clear it up because apparently I make no sense...

I contacted Jamie because if the problem ended up because of his installation, I wanted to give him the chance to look at it. If it was (like the idler pulley was that flew off my car which you all seem to avoid), I didn't want to make him pay me back for someone else looking at it. I was trying to give him the chance because since he helped me, I didn't want to give him the shaft. But of course like everything else, my words and intentions were misconstrued.

Nowhere did I ever say that if the part was the failure that I expected him to fix it!!! AGAIN NOWHERE DID I EVER SAY THAT IF THE PART WAS THE FAILURE I EXPECT HIM TO FIX IT!!!!

As for warranty I expect him to warranty issues with installation caused problems because that is what we agreed upon. NOT I'M SAYING IT WAS HIS INSTALLATION, BUT IF THE SHOP DEEMED IT WAS!! If we didn't agree on that, I wouldn't expect that, but that was a clear agreement that him and I had. Simple as that.

NEVER WOULD I EXPECT ANY MECHANIC TO EAT LABOR IF THE PART WAS AT FAULT!!!! THAT WOULD BE COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL AND AN A-HOLE THOUGHT, AND WAS NEVER MY INTENT NOR THOUGHT!!!

My hope was if Jamie looked at it and said it was the torque converter definitely, I would have paid a tranny shop to fix it, because I knew he was done with my car. If he found it was something he missed I would have given him a chance to fix it. That's all I wanted, and being that he gave me his word that he would WARRANTY IT when I was paying him of course I expected him to hold to his word. A MAN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS WORD!

Say anything you want about me, laws and being a lawyer. I can give a :q:q:q:q less. I guess we'll see how crappy of a lawyer I am a few years from now. Honestly, after this is fixed I'm selling the car. This is a definite.

This thread was completely unnecessary. You all know when there is an issue I'm here making a thread bitching about it. I do that, and yes I know I tend to whine online...I'll give you that. Atleast I can man up and admit my faults where they are. But did you notice how I never started a thread about this issue? Doesn't that seem odd and out of character for me? The reason was because I didn't want to call Jamie out in public or tarnish his reputation in the case that the failure was his fault....for those that have trouble comprehending...I'm not saying it was his fault, I'm saying I didn't start a thread because IF it was, people make mistakes and I didn't want his skills called into question.

I thought I was doing the right thing by keeping this issue off the boards, but apparently Bill and Jamie thought it was necessary to start a :q:q:q:q storm and rally people against me so unfortunately I was forced to flood the post with the reality of the situation.

LOL I know one thing, I would never hire him for my lawyer! He makes no fugging sense in his argument! All he did was confirm Jamie's innocense in this whole situation then he still keeps hollering that "they had an agreement"!
So what the agreement is out the door when it is the parts fault!:confused: Just has me stumped as to how he can even fix his lips to say that sh!t...

I DIDN'T SAY THAT...READ AGAIN!! Comprehension is your friend!

I think I speak for everyone when I say this. We all get a kick out of ripping on you because you make it so easy. Everyone wants to end the thread now, because you came in here opening your mouth and basically nobody wants to hear it. Thats how it stands, just be done, your :q:q:q:qs broke, its nobody's fault on this forum, appearantly, so lets not hear about it anymore.

Sorry but when people start a thread that results in multiple death threats of course I'm going to jump in and clear the freaking air! This was a completely BS thread that never should have been started. It was a few select individuals that I've had issues with that wanted to rally everyone against me with rhetoric, so you're damn right I'm going to defend myself!

If they didn't want to hear what I had to say then they shouldn't have started the thread simple as that.

So Derek, does your reciept say "Jamie's Auto Repair - We warrant all work for 12mos/12k miles"?

Because a lot of shops will not warranty labor for customer provided parts. Even if they did, it would have to be a part of thier business plan, and you can trust you would pay a higher price for labor if they warrant ALL work regardless of who the chucklehead who focked up is.

If Jamie wrote down and signed a reciept saying "1year guarantee on workmanship", then you may have a leg to stand on. Crying about a friend to friend verbal aggreement for discount side-job automotive work to save you money isn't going to hold water. Jamie is not a repair center who you may be able to shaft for doing under the table non-reported work.

Besides, if you want the premium treatment, top shelf experience where the company takes the pole and the customer chooses how much vasoline to use, pony up the cash for that sort of service expeirience. Shops mark up repairs and part prices with overhead for more reasons than profit, to have a successful business a plan, accounting for contingencies is always necessary.

You are the reason for that contingency.

You got a FAVOR done for you, in the name of helping a guy with the same model car Jamie dealt with your pathetic ass. Take it from someone who is just a well-read and sensible consumer; you ain't gettin' anywhere pal. Instead of asking everyone around you to just listen to your sobbing or telling the guy who busted his ass working on your 15 year old already-been-squeezed lemon that he needs to be a man, maybe do a little research and back your verbal flatulence. I hear its a big part of being a lawyer. Take the shaft, it's yours for the taking all complimentary and such, like a free keychain, but in the bum. I hear a light smear of Preparation H helps.

Sweet since you are a legal expert where in this is a mention of parole contracts...that is if you even know what that is! They are viable agreements that absolutely are admissible in court for 4 years from the date of inception. Parole is also known as a verbal agreement, and if you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt they are in fact very valid in a court of law. Not that I'm saying I'm suing Jamie, I'm just setting this aspect to rest since you want to try to stand up and have a legal pissing contest. Sorry champ, you shouldn't step in the ring unless you've got the right gloves ;)

Jamie I'm not still saying it's absolutely your fault. I have no clue what is going on still.

but yet you threaten jamie

They think it is definitely the TC but are unsure until they tear into it. They told me they are almost positive it's the tc, and the hesitation problems, weired rpm issues and acceleration problems are all symptoms of a bad tc. These were problems I had since day 1 so when you said it hasn't leaked till now sure, but it has been having mega issues that I complained about from day 1, and as a result dumped an additional $500-$1000 into parts to try to fix it...when it ended up being the tc.

problems since day 1 with the refurbished part you supplied, you cant install a torque converter wrong to make it fail internally, its obliviously just a bad part

As I said before if they tear it down and it was a defect, how could I possibly blame you? I wasn't trying to play the blame game as you tried to take it. I was trying to get you prepared for the possibility of fixing my car if they found it was your fault.

well by threating to sue him that kinda looks like your blaming him. and i agree, 6 days sure maybe he screwed something up. 6 months no. the only thing he could of done was tear the seal, but it would of been leaking like hell the instant he started it not 6 months later

No, I needed a new driver side head and valve cover. Good try though champ!

because you spazzed out and read "brute force" so there was someone you could point the blame at, so the next logical step is to pull like a brain dead chimp till you fukk shyt up

If you pay a business to fix your car to you expect them to warranty their work, or are you telling me you purposely go places that don't warranty work? A simple "yes" or "no " will suffice.

yes but only for so long, a tc seal will leak instantly if its installed wrong, you supplied the part that is more than likely faulty but yet you gotta warn jamie and then go on to threats cuz there is a 1 in 1000000 chance its something he did

My car hasn't ran right from day 1 of getting it back from him. The symptoms now make sense because they are from the failed tc. I chased other things because the thought of a failed tc never crossed our mind since it was just installed. I was simply saying that if it was because of faulty installation that I expected him to fix it.

and there is nothing you can do to make a torque converter fail as you described unless he beat the piss out of it with a hammer :rolleyes:

Go look at all the posts of my issues after the install. You tell me that these problems just popped up 6 months later. That's BS! I've had these problems since day 1. They have compounded until finally the thing gave out.

yes but the leak is what your freaking out about and it wasnt leaking at first, just had a driveability issue more than likely caused by the part you provided

Sorry but when people start a thread that results in multiple death threats of course I'm going to jump in and clear the freaking air!
multiple death threats LMAO

Give it up.
If you could sue Jamie you would, there is no doubt in my mind.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Kids nowadays :rolleyes:

I think the greatest offense is that you framed your appeal to Jamie first in an accusatory manner, and then immediately followed it with the threat of legal action.

Again call me. Here is the deal talk like a man to me or i take it to a shop they deem what is wrong and if
They deem it improper installation then ill have no Choice but to legally pursue you if you refuse to help. I would rather not take that route but if you refuse to help i have no other choice.

Essentially, you were trying to intimidate Jamie and that's offensive.

yes but the leak is what your freaking out about and it wasnt leaking at first, just had a driveability issue more than likely caused by the part you provided

Ummmm....lack of acceleration, RPM's going to redline as needed but the car not accelerating anymore as the RPM's go up etc are signs of a bad torque converter. I complained about that within 2 weeks, maybe even within 1 week of me getting my car back!

I'm complaining about the leak because the problem showed itself. In other words the problems I had now show it was the trans which we didn't know. Now that it's leaking we know all along that was the issue since the beginning. Where again was this 6 months till problems showed their face? More like they were instant!

And again if it was the part I provided that is the failure I WOULD NOT EXPECT JAMIE TO FIX IT! HOW MANY FREAKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TYPE THAT BEFORE IT SINKS IN?!

The only party that would be at fault if the part was and is the only failure would be FORD! PERIOD! None of this was necessary! I didn't come on here typing like a madman trying to start crap, someone else did that.

Yes the valve cover was my problem, yes I took advice from a thread to use brute force. But in the end that was my fault because I'm the one that pulled the valve cover and I'm the one that picked up the hammer. That has NOTHING to do with the transmission! I accept my action and was man enough to post it up here. I'm willing to bet any money most people wouldn't have the balls to post something stupid like that for all to see. I didn't care because we all make mistakes and I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong and sometimes do some damn stupid things. Every single person on here does stupid things in their lives. Its part of being human. I chose to post it up because I wanted to give people a laugh at my expense. I like making people laugh and figured if I was dumb enough to do that then I deserve the laughs.

My question is would you be man enough to post such a blatantly stupid mistake online for all to see, or would you keep it under wraps in fear of what people may think or say?

multiple death threats LMAO

Give it up.
If you could sue Jamie you would, there is no doubt in my mind.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Kids nowadays :rolleyes:

Yeah because you so extensively know me and what I stand for :rolleyes:

I think the greatest offense is that you framed your appeal to Jamie first in an accusatory manner, and then immediately followed it with the threat of legal action.

Essentially, you were trying to intimidate Jamie and that's offensive.

Not how I meant it, although I will admit I am a bit blunt, confrontational and forthright with things, so I can see how it may have been perceived like that. That was not my intent.

When he dodged that's when the word legal came out, along with me saying that is not what I want to do. Hardly the "i'm going to sue you and take everything you have" mentality that the op and some other posters on this thread are asserting I said. Clearly I said I really don't want to take legal action.

Why would you even mention not wanting to take legal action, if it wasn't on your mind....you're a turd...go die in a fire

Why would you even mention not wanting to take legal action, if it wasn't on your mind....you're a turd...go die in a fire

Wow aren't you the bright one? It was because if it was a problem because of his installation, and he refused to help since he physically said to me before he started the work that he "would warranty any issues I had due to installation problems" I would be forced to take legal action if he refused to help. I said that wasn't the avenue I wanted to take because I don't want to sue Jamie, I just want him to be a man of his word. This seems to be too hard of a concept for you and a few others to grasp! Apparently you live in a world where peoples words mean nothing, and any promises you make people were lies that you don't plan on keeping.

Had he not agreed to it at that point I would have taken it somewhere else.

You're a turd...go die in a fire? What are you twelve? :rolleyes:

Yeah because you so extensively know me and what I stand for :rolleyes:

Your posts explain what you stand for.
Threatening a friend who helped you....now that says a lot on what you stand for.
Your right I don't know you......thank my lucky stars.

When I had my 94, I bought a junkyard trans from a 96,had the accumulator,springs updated ,edge racing 3000 stall and baumann shift kit installed by my tranny shop. The car was back twice after that! 1st time was a gasket on rear of the trans went bad (I had to pay $350 to have it repaired). 2nd, time torque conv seal blew out ($500) for repair not including tow! I didn't even think twice about going back to my trans guy to make him cover it! Used trans = my problem:eek: It's the nature of the beast! Cars break,s*it happens;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back