Ripped Camel wants to sue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamie is right

enough is enough time to close this chapter,. the moral of this story, NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!!!!

I highly doubt that he actually talked to a lawyer. He probably just said something about suing in the heat of the moment. Which in it self is douche move, but he seems like the kind of cat that will fly off the handle a little too much. Being an expert on the law, I can say that no lawyer would touch the case anyway. You can't sue someone that doesn't have money or assets. I got into a car accident with a broke :q:q:q:q and no lawyer would help me get the 20k in medical bills back. If he had money they would have been all over it.

I'll bow out of here as of course like XLR words get misconstrued and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

My tranny took a :q:q:q:q...the one Jamie installed along with all the other stuff. I contacted him and said I wanted him to call me so we can come to an amicable agreement. My meaning to that was simply if the tranny issues were due to improper installation, I simply wanted him to fix what was screwed up, if it was deemed the part failed I would pay somewhere else to fix that as it had nothing to do with his installation.

After all the money I dumped in and paying Jamie twice to do the job, I was just making sure he would stand behind his work as the second time I paid him I made it quite clear I expected him to warranty his work since by that time I was paying quite close to what I would have paid a shop.

Of course he got pissed and instantly got defensive and told me essentially to f off. So I said if it is deemed his fault and he refuses to help of course he would leave me no other choice but to take legal recourse. I texted him over and over that that is not what i want to do though. By the end of the night we both cooled down and we talked on the phone. Things seemed to be calmer because we gave each other the chance to finish what we were saying before jumping to conclusions.

I don't give a crap what anyone says, if any of you dumped the amount of money I have into your car in a short amount of time and stuff was going wrong you would be quite pissed too, especially if the person you paid to fix it told you to f off if the problem was caused by their error. Jamie immediately thought I was blaming him and I wasn't I was simply making sure he was aware of what was happening and preparing him for the possibility of having to fix the tranny if it was his fault.

The tranny shop thinks its just the torque converter, but they won't completely know until it's torn down. I told them if they tear into it and the tranny itself is bad to leave it alone and the car is not getting fixed.

I am by no means trying to start an issue with you AGAIN Jamie, but apparently you decided to start spewing off bs about me to everyone you could. I'd appreciate it if you could set the record straight rather than paint me as a complete a-hole!

lmfao wow derek you obviously know nothing, once again, the only thing i did was tell laser that you wanted to sue me, that is all i said, everything that was written in here, was people saying it all on their own, it had absolutely nothing to do with me, and not one single person other than bill was contacted by me about what you said, these people all wrote what they did based on your personality on this website, so once again dont go blaming me for anything, thats all you have done since we met.

Jamie settled the matter, as it relates to him, prior to your post.

As I mentioned in another thread, you're probably best served to get the Mark VIII stable and sell it and merely replace it with a dependable, less exotic form of transportation.

I have family who work for Ford. Right after I bought the Mark VIII, they were enthused, but told me bluntly, "it's an exotic car." They were right. Some things on this car are bullet proof and wonderful. In my experience, the drive train was. However, after 185k miles, the oil pump in my transmission began leaking like a stuck pig.

But other parts were new technology and prone to consistent problems. Once you run out of passion for the car, maintaining systems like the air ride just devolve into a burden. It's best at that point to just move onto a less complicated vehicle, one that provides the needed utility. Living on the West coast of Florida, cheap, rust free transportation is abundant.

Oh and for the record it took me long to respond because I've been busy with school, trying to get this tc warrantied, and taking care of my kids. LVC isn't my top priority in life and it has nothing to do with not having the balls or being unable to take the heat.

Derrick, fock off. Jamie told me about it and sent me your texts. You called him out and said if he dont talk to like a man and its deemed improper install (6 months latter) that you will have to legally pursue it.
Jamie didnt tell everyone on here, I did. I did it so people would stop wasting their time trying to help someone as worthless as you. All I did was state the facts and everyone on here responded based on every other post you made in the past, added this bs to it and realized just how worthless you are.
Plenty of people have tried to help you time and time again (me included) and all you do is chit on them. Get rid of the Mark and get your self a Prius to go with your smug.

lmfao wow derek you obviously know nothing, once again, the only thing i did was tell laser that you wanted to sue me, that is all i said, everything that was written in here, was people saying it all on their own, it had absolutely nothing to do with me, and not one single person other than bill was contacted by me about what you said, these people all wrote what they did based on your personality on this website, so once again dont go blaming me for anything, thats all you have done since we met.

Exactly you called another member (one with the biggest mouth on this whole site) and told him a bull:q:q:q:q statement! That was you jumping to a conclusion!

I said I would seek legal action after you yelled at me at the top of your lungs and told me to :q:q:q:q off! You were telling me you didn't care if it was because your work or not that because I "burned my bridge" because I wanted to fix my own intake manifold that I'm on my own. I simply reminded you that you had an agreement with me the second install around that any issues I had due to installation you would fix at no charge aka a warranty on your work. You told me you wouldn't do it and to F OFF! I then said If I find out it was your installation that caused the failure, and you refuse to help me I'll have no other option but to seek legal recourse. That's when you told me again to F off and hung up.

I didn't just fly off the handle and say I was going to sue you! That is such a BS statement! I have got EVERY single text I sent you. I will put them up if you want to show how what you are claiming is FAR from reality!

Post #79 leaves out one important fact,.........all of it started with you working on your own car. All blame ultimately falls on.............

Derrick, fock off. Jamie told me about it and sent me your texts. You called him out and said if he dont talk to like a man and its deemed improper install (6 months latter) that you will have to legally pursue it.
Jamie didnt tell everyone on here, I did. I did it so people would stop wasting their time trying to help someone as worthless as you. All I did was state the facts and everyone on here responded based on every other post you made in the past, added this bs to it and realized just how worthless you are.
Plenty of people have tried to help you time and time again (me included) and all you do is chit on them. Get rid of the Mark and get your self a Prius to go with your smug.

Yeah and did he send you the texts that he sent me? What about the previous 5 texts to him before that?

His texts were dodging responsibility and the text he sent me that made me mention legal recourse was "There is no agreement to make I am not touching it". Was I supposed to kiss his feet for that and be on my way? F that! I paid him twice and he agreed to warranty his f'n work, simple as that! When he mentioned he wasn't going to I then said legal recourse would be an option.

The text after I mentioned legal recourse said "Choice but to legally pursue you if you refuse to help. I would rather not take that route but if you refuse to help I have no other choice." Hardly sounds like flying off the handle or trying to victimize Jamie. Sounds more like trying to get him to please listen to reason.

If you bark back one more time about me sending texts, I'll sit here and write out every single text on both sides so you can see the whole entire reality of that conversation.

Post #79 leaves out one important fact,.........all of it started with you working on your own car. All blame ultimately falls on.............

Wow, sweet, so if you mess up something on your car, then take it to a dealership to fix it, and they mess up your car you will simply smile and go on your merry way? GTFO!

I paid Jamie twice as a business and have a receipt to correlate that. I didn't go to Joe Shmoe, so I expect when he says he will warranty his work for him to warranty his work. Simple as that! Essentially be a man of your word!

it doesnt matter what i said on the phone or sent as a text dude, the reason why i talked to you the way i did is because i knew for a fact it wasnt anything i did, i felt 100% confident that it was not my fault that 6 months later your trans leak was due to improper installation, maybe if it happend a week later sure, not 6 months, and here you are texting me and calling me in a frantic freak out talking about i better make it right or you will take legal action when you didnt even know wtf was wrong with your car, i had 3 flats tires in the last 2 weeks ask the previous owner how many times i called him and sent him a text telling him that he needs to figure out why my tiers are going flat because of the wheels he put on the car. you instantly jumped on the phone with me after seeing trans fluid leaking and started talking about me being a man and i better come to some agreement about taking care of your car or you were gonna sue me. i'll post up the texts i sent you, do you think i care what anyone thinks about how i talked to you or what i said? these people dont know me derek, none of them are related to me, its a website, i'll gladly show everyone what i said to you why would it bother me?

So your not willing to admit that all blame belongs on you?

I read the entire thread the day you ruined your car, I laughed. You got in over your head, broke the valve cover and had to spend more money than the car is worth to fix it.

I still cannot see how anything after that matters.

Wow, sweet, so if you mess up something on your car, then take it to a dealership to fix it, and they mess up your car you will simply smile and go on your merry way? GTFO!

I paid Jamie twice as a business and have a receipt to correlate that. I didn't go to Joe Shmoe, so I expect when he says he will warranty his work for him to warranty his work. Simple as that! Essentially be a man of your word!

dude you keep going on and on about me warranty my work but what is going on with your car is not my fault so why do you keep going on and on, if it was my fault maybe after calming down i might have helped you out, but its not my fault and you are now stuck with a garbage part that you brought to me, so your s.o.l now.
and just a tad over $700 bucks when it was all said and done is no where near what you would have paid a real place to do this, just what i did to the trans and the labor for that would have cost you 700 at a trans shop. that was to pull a motor, transfer everything to a doner, install doner, swap the 97 internals into 98 trans, j-mod, remove doner motor, swap everything back to original motor, machine and replace driverside head on original motor, reinstall again, change fuel pump, nobody on earth would have touched that job for what you paid, no way.

like i said before though i was staying out of this thread for a reason and i am now finished posting in here, i didnt respond to bash derek but he did bash me by suggesting i went around telling everyone about this going on, typical though to think that way about me. so now i am getting out of this thread, you guys can all continue to go back and forth but i'm out. and as far as me standing behind my work derek, so far to everyone i have worked for i have stood behind my work, a bad convertor isnt my work, thats your work, you bought it, you asked me to put it in, i did that, so whats the problem. just please leave me alone now, this is finished.

So, he put used parts on a used car?!?! The only thing jamie did was the labor! Any garage will tell you that if you supply the (used) parts to fix your car, that they will NOT warranty anything! Its the chance you take using used parts! I know money these days is tight but its a chance you take! I had to replace my trans in my 94 with a junkyard unit! I took a chance but if it were to have fail, my tranny guy wouldn't be responsible! Do you see where this is going????

These are exact texts sent from me to Jamie

Me: All on Thursday 10/14/10

1. U need to call me asap (10:44am)

2. My tranny is pouring fluid out bad! That clicking noise i heard when accelerating from a
stop i complained about makes sense now as does the int power loss etc. (11:27am)

3. We need to figure something out about this. (11:27am)

4. 6 months ago less than 5k miles and the car still to this day has not run right since I got it back (11:31am)

5. Jamie call me so we can talk like men and come to and amicalble agreement (11:31am)

6. Again call me. Here is the deal talk like a man to me or i take it to a shop they deem what is wrong and if
They deem it improper installation then ill have no (11:34am)

7. Choice but to legally pursue you if you refuse to help. I would rather not take that route but if you refuse to help
i have no other choice. (11:35am)

8. Nope steering pump (6:12pm)

9. Nope...steering pump (6:24pm)

10. NO if the shop tells me it was due to faulty installation then it would be your fault. its on its way to the tranny
shop now (6:25pm)

11. Jamie it was pouring out from the hole in thE bottom of the tranny while the car was on...the rack has nothing to do
with that hole (6:30pm)

12. Well im not having it fixed only diagnosed. Then towed back home he already knows that (6:31pm)

These are exact texts sent from Jamie to me

Jamie: All on Thursday 10/14/10

1. For what I am at work (11:25am)

2. How long ago did i work on it? And it just now leaking? How is that my fault Derek? (11:29am)

3. Well then dont ask me to work on it apparently i dont know what i am doing (11:32am)

4. There is no agreement to make i am not touching it (11:32am)

5. Take it to a tranny shop (11:33am)

6. I dont know how you think things work, u didnt leave my shop leaking and you drove 6 months with no leak,
if your motor blew up up in a year would it b my fault (2:56pm)

7. Didnt you just have a new steering rack put in your car? (4:40pm)

8. Good i cant wait to hear that the power steering pump is what is leaking because it uses ATF in it. A tranny shop
is gonna tell its no good because thats (6:28pm)

9. How they survive by bull:q:q:q:qting anyone and everyone. If it wasnt installed right it wouldnt have made it this long lmao (6:29pm)

10. Oh even better than you boght a junk convertor that probably has a cracked case weld (6:32pm)

11. Well if you say its leaking out of the bell housing plug you can bet your ass that refurbed convertor you bought
is 100% garbage (6:33pm)
........................................................................................................

It goes on more if anyone wants me to continue typing them out I'll be more than glad too.

Jamie I'm not still saying it's absolutely your fault. I have no clue what is going on still. The tranny is being torn apart tomorrow. They think it is definitely the TC but are unsure until they tear into it. They told me they are almost positive it's the tc, and the hesitation problems, weired rpm issues and acceleration problems are all symptoms of a bad tc. These were problems I had since day 1 so when you said it hasn't leaked till now sure, but it has been having mega issues that I complained about from day 1, and as a result dumped an additional $500-$1000 into parts to try to fix it...when it ended up being the tc.

As I said before if they tear it down and it was a defect, how could I possibly blame you? I wasn't trying to play the blame game as you tried to take it. I was trying to get you prepared for the possibility of fixing my car if they found it was your fault.

So, he put used parts on a used car?!?! The only thing jamie did was the labor! Any garage will tell you that if you supply the (used) parts to fix your car, that they will NOT warranty anything! Its the chance you take using used parts! I know money these days is tight but its a chance you take! I had to replace my trans in my 94 with a junkyard unit! I took a chance but if it were to have fail, my tranny guy wouldn't be responsible! Do you see where this is going????

No... brand new Mach 1/Marauder torque converter from Blue Oval Chips (Lonnie). All of the following were also brand new: front seal, trans pan seal and valve body seals, and a 1-2 accumulator, plus a fill of fresh Merc V fluid.

The 98 tranny itself I bought used from Jamie.

Yes I see where it's going. When the engine I bought was bad they refunded my cash for the part and some towards parts I used on their faulty engine.

Hilarious!!!!! Still can`t admit fault.

For me breaking my valve cover? Of course that was my fault but wtf does that have to do with my transmission? That's what's f'n hilarious! Try using some points that make sense.

Jesus Christ, ENOUGH ALREADY!

When people start BS threads slamming me of course I'm going to defend myself.

Just let him go on and on and on and on............You see where this is going? LOL

Funny because when I wasn't here to type people were asserting I had no balls. But now that I realize this thread was here and had a chance to type I'm supposed to not stand up for myself? Rolling over isn't something I do....

the convertor is not brand new derek, its refurbished it said refurbsihed right on that huge stick on the box. you cant get a brand new convertor for what you paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back