REAL OFFICIAL LINCOLN LS OWNERS GUIDE!!!! Basic tips and info.

In order to take the headlight housing off vehicle, you have to remove the plastic cover that goes from one side of the vehicle to the other.
To do so without damaging the pins, twist counter clockwise and the tops of the pin will come up then you can pull them out safely.

The lower plastic cover below the hood latch can be taken off by pushing the centre of the pins in, then they will pop up.

- 00' LS

If your airbag light is on and everything is working fine, sometimes the yellow cord snaps under the seat and when you move it up too far. The cord is too short. If you solder the cord back together the light goes off.

Might be funny but it's true.

The clock spring in the steering wheel housing needs to be replaced in order to resolve those mentioned issues.

Guess I don't know what the "clock spring" is, other than what I thought it was a joke like a "thingamajig or a muffler bearing"

Confused it with one of these, did ya ?

Cock%20Ring%2002.jpg

256c51491d04f2642e5288cccba8d31d_square_large.jpg

do i still need to buy a hid kit for my 05. The headlight housing was labelled with the bulb sizes h11 and HID D2R. I was wondering if it had the ballist built in?

If the moon-roof tubes have become too short to re-connect to the drain, it's probably because they have shrank. They may be able to be stretched enough to re-connect but you should wrap them very tightly with multiple layers of electrical tape or duct tape.

20130309_121508_zps899defe7.jpg

If the moon-roof tubes have become too short to re-connect to the drain, it's probably because they have shrank. They may be able to be stretched enough to re-connect but you should wrap them very tightly with multiple layers of electrical tape or duct tape.

20130309_121508_zps899defe7.jpg

I was looking for more pics and/or a guide to this, are there any on here that you might recommend?

I'm going to be tackling this this weekend or next. When I do it ill take thorough pics for you but I think it's pretty straight forward.

u5e2a6y3.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
no hose. So where is the water coming from

I know this is an old post but I'm new to the forum. I have this same problem with the Fuel/Reset/Setup/Status buttons on my 2003 LS. Could you be more specific about how to take out the vent assembly?

I know this is an old post but I'm new to the forum. I have this same problem with the Fuel/Reset/Setup/Status buttons on my 2003 LS. Could you be more specific about how to take out the vent assembly?

Use either a panel/dash removal tool or a flat head screw driver. Just slide it into the side of the silver trim and pop out the vent assembly. There are several clips holding it into place so after you pop out a side just go around the assembly and continue to pop the clips until you can just pull the assembly out. Of course, you'll also have to unplug the Message Center buttons.

tried using super glue on mine and it did not work, ended up using a soldering iron to "re-melt" the plastic around the screw studs. worked great.

also for addition to the thread:

For the AUDIO setups with the SUB in the rear deck, there is a harness that supplies the left and right sub (low input that can be tied into RCA pigtails for low amp input) and a remote amp turn-on that can be used for trunk "box" setups. that way you dont have to tie into the fuel pump power for a switched input. (the harness has a yellow wire on the end #9 that is remote turn on from the deck.)

The great part is that even the cars that have the "factory sub delete" (for weight reduction purposes they say) still have this same harness.

-This is for the GenI Alpine 6 disc with or without rear deck subs-

...For the AUDIO setups with the SUB in the rear deck, there is a harness that supplies the left and right sub (low input that can be tied into RCA pigtails for low amp input) ...

Please note for clarity, the factory harness supplies a mono (single channel) only signal to the factory amp location in the trunk. The factory amp drives two speakers, but they are both from a single channel, not stereo.

Anyone got that list of coolant parts part numbers I seen a few weeks ago been searching for 2 damn days with no luck 06 lsv8

For such a high compression engine, I am still perplexed why the rpm hangs when I blip the throttle. I don't remember my 1gen acting like this. Does anyone else experience this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back