REAL OFFICIAL LINCOLN LS OWNERS GUIDE!!!! Basic tips and info.

I dont plan on using a helicoil. I was referring to the threaded insert as the helicoil. Heck 85% of the engine is plastic!

Okay. It was confusing as those are two very different things.

FYI: Had a new key programmed at a locksmith and they were able to retrieve the doorpad key code numbers.

This thread began as a LS Owners Guide, and earlier int he thread it stated all meaningless comments have been deleted. Might be a good idea to delete a lot of these posts.

Be careful when jumping a dead battery it may blow out your fuel pump relay which will allow your car to turn over but not start obviously because the relay burned up, Great YouTube video explains this so before replacing your fuel pump which is under the back passenger seat check fuses and relay first to save you some work and money

2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual -- brought to you by Owlman

s6x-us-en-file-n0010121-gif-gen-ref-gif.gif

How to remove shift knob:

Step 1. pull down on the lower plastic piece of the shift knob:

Step 2. locate 2 screws that have now become uncovered:

Step 3. Remove screws, and remove knob.

Reverse steps when installing new one.

So I did this, but mine isn't coming free. It feels like its glued to the shifter rod. 2004 LS, did Ford change how its done? What am I missing?

I'm a little impressed no one brought up the transmission.

2-3 shift is typically strange in these transmissions. Best way I've heard it referred to is "it's a 'feature' we just have to deal with." However, if you start to have substantial shifting problems from your transmission, you may look into the solenoids. These transmission have three solenoids, A, B, and C. To my understanding these little guys cause most of the heartache and frustration. Best to just change all three out if you're going into the transmission.

I'm still relatively new to these cars and it's by far the most "electronic" car I've ever owned. So I'm still learning.

This is by far a "thread of the year award" though. This will undoubtedly help people pinpoint problems. And if they can't pinpoint them, they'll atleast know how/where to start asking questions.

CJ
I can imagine the telsla

I can imagine the telsla
I'm so glad my transmission shifts every gear absolutely FLAWLESSLY shifts are so clean and crisp you cant even feel them. When you get an ls with a good tranny it's an amazing transmission.

So I did this, but mine isn't coming free. It feels like its glued to the shifter rod. 2004 LS, did Ford change how its done? What am I missing?
I had the same issue..found if you remove the screws completely. And while the car is off(no foot on break) squeeze the button hard...it will help push off the old knob. Hope that helps

I have a 2003 ls3.0 and the DATC faceplate buttons don’t light up, however the heated seats level indicator lights and screen do light up. I cannot figure out why... fuses are good connections are good. The buttons for my sunroof also don’t light up and neither does my trac control button.
PLEASE HELP THIS DESPERATE NOOBIE

I have a 2003 ls3.0 and the DATC faceplate buttons don’t light up, however the heated seats level indicator lights and screen do light up. I cannot figure out why... fuses are good connections are good. The buttons for my sunroof also don’t light up and neither does my trac control button.
PLEASE HELP THIS DESPERATE NOOBIE
I don't know about the datc lights but the other ones the bulbs are probably just burned out. See picture for trac control bulbs

15852458982647075115102737611737.jpg

Okay cool I thought maybe something else was causing it . Would you happen to know what size of led the buttons take?
Good luck finding bulbs. The sunroof button and the overhead light buttons dont light up. I've had good luck with these. NEO3-GHP: 3mm NEO3-xHP Green. Some of the bulbs are 4mm and some are 3mm

Or do what I did find a wrecked one and steal every possible switch out of the thing lol

So they’re just neowedge T3’s and yeah I should do that!
Yes you should..lol. I have most of an 02 V6 in my living room right now.. cleaning and replacing what's in better condition etc . And storing the rest for when it's needed...also need to go back and cut out the rear rocker panels...as when I put in my new painted side skirts last night I discovered I have a rust issue

Yes you should..lol. I have most of an 02 V6 in my living room right now.. cleaning and replacing what's in better condition etc . And storing the rest for when it's needed...also need to go back and cut out the rear rocker panels...as when I put in my new painted side skirts last night I discovered I have a rust issue
Damn that sucks! You could just spray some flex seal on it and call it good lol. Hey do you have any wiring diagrams?

Members online

No members online now.
Back