"Ray Switch" Now Available! Place your order here!

Please do not hurry on my account. You have enough to deal w/ right now w/o the worry of getting the switch out. Don't sweat the small stuff, & this switch is definitely small stuff, take your time. Take care of what's really important - your family.

ill take a kit and how hard is it to reinstall the airbags back in the car if you have the coil over kit? CAN someone answer this... i purchaes the car with the coil over already installed but i miss my air ride

Nothing is final until you send the money or place the order on my website below!

Adam,

What is the 10amp ATC fuse for mentioned in the beginning of the instuctions? I didnt see anything about it in the rest of the instructions... Just curious, I was about to go out and install it then I realized I needed a fuse.

Adam,

What is the 10amp ATC fuse for mentioned in the beginning of the instuctions? I didnt see anything about it in the rest of the instructions... Just curious, I was about to go out and install it then I realized I needed a fuse.

There is a fuse holder on the switch itself, you need to put a 10 amp fuse in there, if I left a fuse in there, it's the wrong size, I believe it's only a 2 amp and that won't hold the load.

There is a fuse holder on the switch itself, you need to put a 10 amp fuse in there, if I left a fuse in there, it's the wrong size, I believe it's only a 2 amp and that won't hold the load.

OH! Okay cool! I was looking at that and thinking, "wow thats an aweful small fuse in there..."

I had a sneaking suspicion thats where the 10 amp went... but I felt safer asking first...

Oh, and you shoulda seen me looking at the connectors and the t-taps thinking "how the F does this work....?"

... Until I realized the connectors plugged into the sides! Thats what I get for hanging out at the bar all night! :lol:

BTW, the kit looks extrordinary! Extremely professional appearing, You do good work!

Cant wait to go out there and get it plugged in!

Guess I failed to mention how those work in the instructions!

This is what it looks like after it's crimped on the wire, and then the spade just plugs into the end, also you'll have a few extras left, just in case you break one.
952k-25_medium.jpg

I woulda had it in tonight, but I could not find a darn fuse anywhere at this house, lol

So I had to go to the gas station and buy an assortment cuz the parts stores were already closed.

I'll post some pics of my car with the switch tomorrow :D

I Installed the Switch.. went in really easy, the hardest part was taking the Asham 8 out, after it was done I double checked everything... put the fuses in and started the car.. hit the switch and the front went on the ground in less than 10 sec but the back stayed up... took a couple time for the back to lower, then I raised it again, lowed it, again it took a couple hits of the switch , i raised it and now when I hit the switch i can hear the clicks outside but it wont lower and the check air suspension light pops up right away? any ideas?

either your vent solenoid is getting plugged, or your sys is full of moisture. mine was the solenoid, the rear took 2 times to get it down (at first) then 3 then 4 then it wouldn't drop at all. luckily i have a spider valve, that made it easy to diagnose. i removed the valve and hit the switch WOOOSH it was down. cleaned and re installed the valve, kinda ok but i replaced it with one a little bigger (and a LOT LOUDER)to help it go down faster. the stock vent solenoid is non serviceable and will require a new compressor ($$$) or get a spider (also kinda $$$) and eliminate that worthless part of the sys.

w/o the spider valve you could try pulling the lines at the rear bags then hit the switch and see if that works (just put a jack under the diff first, that way when it drops you can get back under there. the air susp system is actually pretty easy just it intimidates people so they think its its big and scary!

either your vent solenoid is getting plugged, or your sys is full of moisture. mine was the solenoid, the rear took 2 times to get it down (at first) then 3 then 4 then it wouldn't drop at all. luckily i have a spider valve, that made it easy to diagnose. i removed the valve and hit the switch WOOOSH it was down. cleaned and re installed the valve, kinda ok but i replaced it with one a little bigger (and a LOT LOUDER)to help it go down faster. the stock vent solenoid is non serviceable and will require a new compressor ($$$) or get a spider (also kinda $$$) and eliminate that worthless part of the sys.

w/o the spider valve you could try pulling the lines at the rear bags then hit the switch and see if that works (just put a jack under the diff first, that way when it drops you can get back under there. the air susp system is actually pretty easy just it intimidates people so they think its its big and scary!

when my Mark Viii grows up I want it to be just like chickens...

mine has her own set of flaws trust me

and 96 you should of seen the kid in boscobel he kept wanting to see the switch in action, he even got to flip it once!! lolol

I Installed the Switch.. went in really easy, the hardest part was taking the Asham 8 out, after it was done I double checked everything... put the fuses in and started the car.. hit the switch and the front went on the ground in less than 10 sec but the back stayed up... took a couple time for the back to lower, then I raised it again, lowed it, again it took a couple hits of the switch , i raised it and now when I hit the switch i can hear the clicks outside but it wont lower and the check air suspension light pops up right away? any ideas?

The check air ride message is normal when you hit the switch, like chicken said, the vent solenoid on the compressor was really a poor design and is the cause of a lot of headaches sometimes. If I still had access to a mill, I'd consider machining a block with 4 inputs, and 5 outputs to bypass the factory vent solenoid, that way you could just use an aftermarket vent solenoid instead of the factory. It would be a lot more efficient.

Although, such a thing might be construed as stepping on eddies toes a little bit. I wouldn't build it with all the functionality of the spyder valve. Hell, I don't even know what a spyder valve looks like, but I imagine one wouldn't be hard to make with the proper machining equipment.

I'll have to try that, it does not even really drop now so maybe the thing is plugged up or something because the car has been sitting, the first time was pretty loud and the front was on the ground in no time it was pretty sweet, so what is this spider valve I am not sure is it the part that has the clip on it and then pops out? I think I had to remove them when I did my control arms. I'll lift the car up tomorrow prob, I think my sway bar bushings are shot because i can move the front wheels back and forth by hand.. thanks

Thanks Chicken, I'm goin to look into it, another thing is with the ray switch, is there a way a can set the suspsension to stop at a certain height, or would I have to Sensor lower it to stop it from filling up to factory height? and this is prob a question for Adam, what is the adjustment setting int he rayswitch that mounts under the dash?

Thanks Chicken, I'm goin to look into it, another thing is with the ray switch, is there a way a can set the suspsension to stop at a certain height, or would I have to Sensor lower it to stop it from filling up to factory height? and this is prob a question for Adam, what is the adjustment setting int he rayswitch that mounts under the dash?

There is no way to preconfigure the Ray Switch for a particular height, because of the way the factory system is plumbed, it's always going to take longer for the rear to deflate.

As for the adjustment, if you're looking at the dial on the clear box, that is the adjustment for how long the solenoids stay open, it's adjustable from 0-90 seconds, currently it should be all the way to the right which is 90 seconds!

No, you can bleed all of the air out of the system, slams the car on the ground and then you can reset the switch and the car goes back to normal factory stance. There is no in between adjustments, but yes this is all done without opening and closing the doors.

The other kit that I'm looking at building, will allow for front and rear adjustments without opening or closing the doors, but I haven't even started working on this one yet. It is has been thought up and should work in theory. But will need to be built and then tested.

Have you completed this kit yet?
If so then how much do you want?
Bill

Have you completed this kit yet?
If so then how much do you want?
Bill

The prototype has been built and is installed in my car, unfortunately, I haven't built another like it. It works but I'm certain that the design could be improved upon. I just never have taken the time to sit down and think about it anymore.

The original works but would be nice to have some extra features. A custom built circuit board would make things a lot easier and nicer. It's literally a wiring nightmare!

Question, how many of you want to kill me right now?

I'm gonna get those last four built within the next two weeks, I promise! If not I'll refund your money if you're tired of waiting!

I appreciate everyone's patience with me but things have finally settled back down again so I can get these damn things finished and shipped.

Actually, the thought of owing somebody something just irritates the hell out of me, sorry guys, but they'll be coming soon.

Don't want to kill you... yet :)

But - don't send the $ back, I really want the switch. Given that I'm incapable of making one myself, I'll happily wait. I can't bellyache too much anyway, you told us at the start this may take a while.

The timing may work out just right. I've got a car show in Michigan I plan to attend on the 27th & the switch just might be here and installed in time for the show. Even if it isn't - nbd - like I said before, I'll wait.

Thanks

Look forward to seeing and installing mine!
then pulling it out when I get my fast bags in LOL!

:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back