"Ray Switch" Now Available! Place your order here!

Well guys

I've not been able to find the time or the money to get these things rolling again and I doubt I will anytime in the near future. Life came at me quick and my focus has changed to my little girl.

If there is anyone that would be interested in where I left off, shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can work out. I'm considering just doing a big write-up on assembling a Ray Switch complete with a parts list and my schematic.

I feel it's only right to give this to the LVC community since I don't have the time or resources to do it anymore. I might still be willing to build one here and there but not in large batches.

Like I said, if someone wants to take this on, just let me know.

Thanks and I'm sorry to all of you that have been waiting on a response from me.

Adam

Adam,
I kinda figured you were finished making these, I still want one but time is also a issue with me.

I say write it up and post it, if not PM me the write up so I can put one on my 97.

I didn't know Ray.... maybe a few who did would know what he would have wanted.

Anyhow its been great that you have put the time into this that you have.

Kirk

Let me look at the schematics and such and see if I have the time to do it for the board. The only problem we have is the border issue but I think I can get by that with gifts. Email me and we can discuss it or send me your number and a good time to call and I will.

Anthony

I would love to be a part of helping it live on so if I could get something to look at I would be more than happy to do it. I am an educated electronics tech and I have access to all the parts at reasonable costs so if I can find out what is needed I can cost it out and see how much time it will take. I am more than prepared to dedicate my time to this endevour and do it for the cost of parts, nothing more.

Not thread jacking

Done deal,
shoot me your paypal e-mail address.....
and no rush man
Adrian

I ordered this from Adam some time ago like close to 3 years ago! Problem is I never got around to installing it as I had the ASHAM8 installed......
Long story short My baby got wrote off from a deer, and the second mark VIII I bought to replace it got smoked by a Kenworth the same year and wrote off too :(
I gave up on owning mark 8's cause I think it's a sign not to drive em :(

I have the $45.00 Kit from ADAM still brand spanking new in the bag with the printed instructions! Selling for the same as I bought it..Just cover shipping

RAY was Great guy and may he RIP

So noob question here, sorry. I've always heard that the Ray's switch was designed to go from regular operation to slammed. Can the design be modified so that the lowered position isn't slammed, but just 1.5" or so lower than stock?

you would have to adjust the timer so that the car didn't drop all the way to the ground.
and you would probably need to put the front and rear on separate timed systems since they drop at different speeds.

you would have to adjust the timer so that the car didn't drop all the way to the ground.
and you would probably need to put the front and rear on separate timed systems since they drop at different speeds.

Well put sir!

He is correct, the switch opens all the bag solenoids at once but since they vent back through the lines and through the vent solenoid on the compressor they are all fighting for the same line. Since the engine puts so much pressure on the front bags, they deflate the quickest. Really, even with separate timers it would be a huge pain to get them timed just right, and anytime your load changed in the vehicle it would be off. Really it would have to integrate into the ride height sensor to set the proper level.

Go with something other than a "Ray Switch" if that's what you're looking for.

Here's an idea someone can run with!

Dual sensors all around and a switcher control that would allow you to flop between the two heights!

Well put sir!

He is correct, the switch opens all the bag solenoids at once but since they vent back through the lines and through the vent solenoid on the compressor they are all fighting for the same line.

Thank you (and you as well chris2523,) I wasn't sure how this switch setup worked.

what else do you need to raise and lower car? just the switch kit? thats all?

the ray switch just dumps all the air from the air suspension by open all the valves. that's the lower part.
for the raise part, just turn the air ride back on and start the car. the suspension computer takes over and resets the car to normal ride height.

Quick question: The actual switch pressed to activate either mode, what is it, is it ON-OFF-ON momentary?

Members online

No members online now.
Back