"Ray Switch" Now Available! Place your order here!

I told you guys, I'd get started on them again, so here is the proof! I dug everything out and got all setup again.

100_1602.jpg

Alright guys

Those of you that have ordered but have not yet received your switch, they're done and will be shipping within the next two days. I will try and get them shipped tomorrow but it might be Tuesday. Sorry this took so long but I haven't had much for a free moment in months. I spent the better part of yesterday and a little time today getting them finished.

Thanks to all who ordered, you can yell at me later for take so long!

Adam

Got it, thanks Adam. I'll post some pictures when I get it installed. This is a pretty busy time for me with work, so it may take me a while to get around to the install.

Thanks again.

So just out of curiosity have you thought about the front/rear system, if so is there an idea on how far in the future they will be? Or if there is a future for them?

So just out of curiosity have you thought about the front/rear system, if so is there an idea on how far in the future they will be? Or if there is a future for them?

I've thought about it but haven't sat down to finish the design, haven't really had the time. Mine is functional but I don't really ever use it. I have no idea on cost at this time or how soon it might be if I decided to build it.

first off, a thanks to Ray for such an Innovative device.

Also thanks to Adam foe following through and making it available to us.

I received it last week already and barely found the time to set it up las night.

I have some questions.

Are we supposed to run the switzh with the system trunk toggle on or off?

I was afraid my car would not hold out in time for Adam to get the swtich t me. Unfortu ately my compressor has been loud since and Im going to replace it as soon as I have money.

I don't plan on using the switch until doing so. But I did test it out and I'm stuck now.

Slamming works well. But raising the rear won't happen. I know it's nlmy system not the switch.

Compressor raises the front fine. But when it's turn for the rear the compressor ppulses like it's going to die. Even at every cycle, the fronts go up but when the system clicks for the rear's turn, the compressor won't push the rears up.

Do I have a clogged line? I know my compressor needs replacing but I figure it would pulse through the fronts too.

I'm stuck with tv rears slammed. Can't drive the damn thing.

Thanks for any help.

By the way prior to slamming it she worked fine. Bags don't leak at all.

I did notice moisture on all four corners on the floor when I first slammed her.

I hope Its an easy adjustment cuz I dnt have any funds to buy anything right now.

Thanks.

By the way prior to slamming it she worked fine. Bags don't leak at all.

I did notice moisture on all four corners on the floor when I first slammed her.

I hope Its an easy adjustment cuz I dnt have any funds to buy anything right now.

Thanks.

I don't know why you would have moisture at all four corners, the system vents at the compressor, so you shouldn't have moisture leaking at the bags.

How long did it take for the rear to drop after pressing the switch??

The switch is designed to be used with the air ride switch On, it will work either way but it just overrides the factory system, so leaving the trunk switch on doesn't hurt anything.

Hhhmm. Maybe I analyzed the moisture wrong. Ill check it out again.

The rear isn't as fast as the fronts. Takes a few switch toggles.

Well, I just got home from work.. got a ride from a coworker. lol.

Anyway, I started her up and the whole car lifted up..

so........................................

out of curiosity, I slam the car again to see if I can locate the problem as before.

well, the compressor kicks in.. lifts the front a little bit.. and starts puttering again.. as opposed to the front Fully lifted and the rears not moving.. now both don't go! so.. I'm guessing Im in need of a new compressor?

As the compressor putters and pulses, interior lights and all dim on and off..

I'm just hoping it's the compressor, not anything else that I know nothing about, which at this point stil... i know only what I read on here. I know nothing of electrical so.. im crossing my fingers.

any other advice?

if not,

on to look for Eddie.

Thanks.

Well, I just got home from work.. got a ride from a coworker. lol.

Anyway, I started her up and the whole car lifted up..

so........................................

out of curiosity, I slam the car again to see if I can locate the problem as before.

well, the compressor kicks in.. lifts the front a little bit.. and starts puttering again.. as opposed to the front Fully lifted and the rears not moving.. now both don't go! so.. I'm guessing Im in need of a new compressor?

As the compressor putters and pulses, interior lights and all dim on and off..

I'm just hoping it's the compressor, not anything else that I know nothing about, which at this point stil... i know only what I read on here. I know nothing of electrical so.. im crossing my fingers.

any other advice?

if not,

on to look for Eddie.

Thanks.

Just so you know, you can always press and hold the reset and then release and it will try to inflate the system without having to cycle the key. But I'd say, if you get it up again, leave the switch alone.

Do you hear the solenoids clicking when it tries to air up the fronts and rears, it almost sounds like the solenoids aren't opening, therefore the air has nowhere to go and it's taxing the compressor even harder.

Just so you know, you can always press and hold the reset and then release and it will try to inflate the system without having to cycle the key. But I'd say, if you get it up again, leave the switch alone.

Do you hear the solenoids clicking when it tries to air up the fronts and rears, it almost sounds like the solenoids aren't opening, therefore the air has nowhere to go and it's taxing the compressor even harder.

Thanks Adam, i just figured that out.. about the ray switch instead of key cycle. duh on my part.

YEs, there is clicking going on. At times the compressor doesn't even kick on.. then i hear the clicks.

oh dear.. solenoids? whats that. lol.

i hope it's just the compressor.

Heading to the garage and starting the car to see if there is anything new going on..

Thanks.

ok.. im back..Started her up again, and the compressor kicked on and the fronts came up.

Then, again.. when it's the turn for the rears-the compressor starts to putter and the unnoticeable-y rear slightly comes up... barely.

The top of the rear tire is barely below wheel well level..

the compressor then stops puttering, I hear the click and then the Check Air System message chimes in.

None of this happened prior to the installment of the switch... did someting happen when I slammed it? or was the Compressor just on its last leg?

As I stated before, fully slammed.. the compressor turns on for 3 seconds and then begins to putter... not rendering anything at all.. keeps puttering and stops. dam thing sounds like a washer/dryer goin on under my hood.

it sat for an hour, and then the fronts come up but now the rears wont.. and left overnight last night, first try today and both came up..

i no nawting.

help! lol

ONe thing's for sure, i noticed after a few cycles while the front kept pumping and the pump fails when it was time for the rear's.. that the front is really high.

Im guessing I'll just get a new compressor.. dont want to blow those front bags while trying to get the rears to come up, or worse fry any other components.

so when I get the new one, I'll slam her and start the cycle and hope both will come up?

ONe thing's for sure, i noticed after a few cycles while the front kept pumping and the pump fails when it was time for the rear's.. that the front is really high.

Im guessing I'll just get a new compressor.. dont want to blow those front bags while trying to get the rears to come up, or worse fry any other components.

so when I get the new one, I'll slam her and start the cycle and hope both will come up?

Next time, time how long the compressor runs before it shuts off. Our compressors have a duty cycle of 90 seconds. After 90 seconds the SCM shuts them down and throws the check air ride message.

It's possible that if your front bags are leaking that it's timing out before it gets to the rears. Remember, when you deflate the system you expose the folds that would not normally be exposed and may expose cracks for the air to leak from. This is common on old suspension components and my instructions warn you as such. If this is the case, I would give the compressor a minute before you reset to try again, you don't want to fry the compressor from over-working it.

Thanks Adam.

But I havnt touched the car since last I posted and the front are still fully extended and the rears still in the same half assed position.

So I don't think there is a leak in the bags.

this is odd.....the front of the car is much heavier than the rear, so i would say the comp isnt weak, unless it gets hot and the piston expands in the cylinder causing the "pulse" try all the simple stuff first swap the abs relay with the air susp relay, try removing the air lines from the solenoids in the rear and turn the key on see if it blows air when the compressor is running (*put jack under the rear first*) remove the rear solenoids and put them on the lines and try again see if it opens after the fronts cycle and blows out air.

the air suspension system is very simple, just most are scared of it since they dont know how it works and overthink the problem

Thanks Adam.

But I havnt touched the car since last I posted and the front are still fully extended and the rears still in the same half assed position.

So I don't think there is a leak in the bags.

If it leaks a little it could be causing your problem, bags that show no signs of leak can start to leak after being fully deflated. I'll see if I can draw an illustration to better explain it. I'd deflate with the switch and so how long the compressor runs before it turns off, that would be a good starting point.

I got up this morning not having touched it since yesterday with the fronts up and the rears halfway, I start her up and the compressor kicks up the rear after sensing the fronts already up, to normal height almost instAntly.

Turn off the car, get out, close the door and car clicks down to factory settings like nothing ever happened.

Compressor overheating like chicken suggested?

It seems it pumps fine after left overnight. Though I've never left her slammed all the way down overnight and pumped it from there.

Last time I started her up overnight, the lowest I've tried rAising overnight was at two finger gap for both front n rear.

After letting her sit for a while at factory lowered, I start her up and she functions like normal- raising front then rear to factory up settings.

I'm sure if I slammed her again she would do the same and pulse after raising the fronts barely up.

I need to ask eddie to see if this is a characteristic of a pump needing replacement.

*update nov.. 11th

I havnt slammed her since being able to raise her up fully. She still functions on factory settings, raising when starting, lowering when off, etc..

But i did notice ONCE, leaving the store plaza.. the Compressor pulsated for a long time.. and then the CHECK AIR RIDE message popped up. but since, it's been working fine.. So i'm hopeful it is the compressor, just don't want to overlook anything before I send in my crack money to Eddie. :)

Alright Lincoln lovers, its time for me to get a Ray switch for my Mark. Ive talked to the man and hes out of them so I NEED your help.
I believe 8 is the magic number to get everything he needs to start making these again so lets start an updated list of members who are wanting this switch and are ready to PAY NOW and be patient enough for him to build them for us.
I'll Start,
#1 Chromebrow - Jim - $45 w/ instuctions - ready to pay when you say go!

You know you want one so whos next?

Oh well looks like I pay a higher price to get just one made specially for me.
Let me know how much and when.
Thanks

alright that makes two people in line.
Hey Adam Im sure if you posted a new thread with taking orders youd get a few more.
Anyone else ready to slam your ride? Make yourself heard so we can get some.

I might be as many as 3 now but I'll have to look and see! Every time you guys post it moves this thread to the top of the list so there is no need in creating a new post! Plus, I'm not advertising a whole lot, the people will find me if they want a switch.

Members online

No members online now.
Back