Parting car out. A lot for sale (turbo, bodykit, more...)

I can't belieive all the trouble you are having selling the turbo!

I know its redic. I think its because somehow people think they can do it for cheaper themselves. OR no one has money I dont know.... ITS OBO PEOPLE. I NEED TO GET RID OF THIS! PM ME!

did you ever dig into the engine and find out what actually broke?

did you sell the car to a breaker?

I just started a new job - for more money. If you still have it in a few months, you may be hearing from me. Although I hope you don't still have it for your sake. ;)

couldn't that be from a bad tune? piston failure... I would think the skirt wouldn't fail unless excessive load on the piston?

load - you mean like increaed boost in a high compression engine by means of a turbo?

in a bad tune - you would see things like burnt pistons, holes, ....etc - not a cracked skirt IMHO

excessive load from a bad tune.. high cylinder pressures, from firing ignition to soon?

excessive load from a bad tune.. high cylinder pressures, from firing ignition to soon?

There was no detonation when it happened. I had didn't have a problem with detonation ever. Cant really say what happened...

damn it man, i wish i could take this off your hands. Come on somebody buy his kit!!!!!

What did you end up getting, cam?

Well, I bought an SVT contour a little while ago. I have a few other cars also, so nothing really crazy. Just trying to pay off some stuff right now, hence trying to get rid of my setup.

I agree with above comments---a cracked piston skirt has nothing to do with the turbo. The kind of failure to be found with a turbo would have to do with the piston crown. The only cracked skirt I've ever had happened just as cam described---driving in a normal manner---but I was in stop-and-go city traffic. I had to drive clear across Metro Detroit to get home. I burned a whole case of oil. What a mess. Engine had about 10K miles on it, using new cast pistons.
KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back