Parting car out. A lot for sale (turbo, bodykit, more...)

I agree with above comments---a cracked piston skirt has nothing to do with the turbo. The kind of failure to be found with a turbo would have to do with the piston crown. The only cracked skirt I've ever had happened just as cam described---driving in a normal manner---but I was in stop-and-go city traffic. I had to drive clear across Metro Detroit to get home. I burned a whole case of oil. What a mess. Engine had about 10K miles on it, using new cast pistons.
KS

Thanks for confirming. :)

Did you actually see the piston? did it chip hitting the rod or crack?

not as a counter statement, but as an aside -

I personnally have broke a ''few' piston skirts in a turbo'd car - running much hgher boost level than what we are talking about here. The skirt craked right either below or above the pin hole (usually it's a re-enforced area) - all can assume is that as we turned the boost up, the piston met more resistance on it's way up ((or more explovise force during detonation) and when the rod didn't bend the wirst pin broke the skirt where is was held.

if the skirt broke below the pin - usually not too much of a mess, but when it broke above the pin - big mess.

I buddy continually crack the bottom skirt edge when over-revving a new stocker he built... most times accidental when he blew a shift.

Dude, read the rest of the thread. The turbo was not the cause of the engine failure!

it was in post #2 on the first page - it was caused by an alignment of the moons of jupiter.

Just bad luck that occurred only four days after installation.

it was in post #2 on the first page - it was caused by an alignment of the moons of jupiter.

Just bad luck that occurred only four days after installation.

lol. I wonder how many times this has been repeated in this thread. :shifty: :D

Thank though.

THIS HAS TO GO BY THE END OF THE MONTH!!!

If it doesn't go by the end of month?

It'll have to go by the end of next month?

That's kind of like "stop......or I'll yell stop again!"

:D

...why do you choose to say the things that you say....? lol

no I know, Im thinking about throwing it on ebay. and see where that gets me..

If it doesn't go by the end of month?

It'll have to go by the end of next month?

That's kind of like "stop......or I'll yell stop again!"

:D

Dude, read the rest of the thread. The turbo was not the cause of the engine failure!

Yeah...sadly I replied after reading only the beginning of the thread. Forgot to edit my post after reading further on. I still feel tempted to buy some parts but....trying to save up here so I can get my RAZZI kit, Corsa Exhaust kit, and Paint job all done at once......

Damn this still hasnt sold huh?

Bad time to be buying parts. Hell I've even had to slow doing my weekly shootings so now I shoot my guns off once a month. Glad I sold one of my sniper rifles for 2300 though, good :q:q:q:q.

Yeah...sadly I replied after reading only the beginning of the thread. Forgot to edit my post after reading further on. I still feel tempted to buy some parts but....trying to save up here so I can get my RAZZI kit, Corsa Exhaust kit, and Paint job all done at once......

that turbo kit..... its all or nothing. You can bits and pieces but most of it wont help with out the rest of it.

and my next exhaust is going to be garret

Members online

No members online now.
Back