Official: Stance Coilover Thread

Very Nice the photography makes them look even nicer! How much of a drop after install?

greatnews.jpg

The Good
Fronts went on like a champ. They look fantastic and right out the box you are lower then eibach height with several inches of throw left to go lower or higher.

The Bad
The rears don't work. I repeat. The rears don't work. Someone messed up big time. The lower shock bolt does not fit through the hole on the coilover leaving you stranded.

I will be calling Stance tomorrow to see how they want to handle this

New lower shock bolt? :)
Idk, im just excited to.see.what it.looks like

Edit: nevermind, just thought about it realistically, and it wasnt too safe in my thought.

The bolt is to big to fit through the housing. If you went with a smaller bolt then it wouldn't thread up to the LCA on the other end. My only option would be to take and have the hole milled out but I'm not sure Stance would want me to do that or not

The dampening on them is insane. At 0 it is similar in stiffness to the eibach ride but if you crank it up to 15 you can sit on the fender and the suspension will not move the car up or down. Someone like Alax could crank these up to 15 and drift his car like a madman.

I'm going to have some serious camber issues. I already have more then 2 degrees up front and have been chewing through tires with eibachs. Only going to be worse now leaving me with two options. Install my camber bolts, stretch some tires, or both.

Sick!!!!

+2 on pics

Bummer about the rears. Wonder what cause the error if they had an ls there for testing.

It was quite a dissapointment when the rears didn't fit, but I gotta say bull, the dampening was certainly insane.

I'm sure stance will take care of you.

I'll email you the pics I took so you can post them up if you'd like.

My car is a regular gen 1 LS. Wonder if the later gen and/or gen 2 are a different diameter than mine. Will just have to make 2 different serial numbers for whatever the difference is (if there is one, and it wasn't just their initial error). Sounds like they nailed the stance options and dampening range that everyone wanted. Thank you for the input and I am completely jealous.

They are the same size bolt. I have second gen lca's on my first gen LS. And used the same shook bolt when I installed the new LCAs

I'm bummed. I had to pull the plug on mine due to my grandfather and sister (two separate issues).

Instead i'm flying the family to middle of no-where Indiana to see my grandfather while he's still around. Just one of those deals where everyone wants to go but no one wants to pay for it. Hooray... Although my grandfather is pretty cool. Old greaser from way back. We get along great and make fun of the rest of the famdamnily.

Also ended up spending my stance cash on tires and breaks on all 4 corners of my sisters Chevy Colorado. She pulled up into the driveway and I asked her what the grinding noise was. She goes "What noise? It always sounds like that". Took it for a ride around the block and you could feel the brakes grinding away. Felt like you were driving over the noise strips on the highway. A quick look under and she's gone through the pads and is using the backing plates as the friction material.

Sometimes is sucks not being the d-bag of the family. That's ok, I didn't really want to spend that $7K on me anyways. I mean, where's the fun in that?

In retrospect, glad to know I didn't guinea-pig them. Be interesting to see what stance comes up with. Out of curiosity, just how much bigger is the bolt? If it's not a huge difference then you should be able to drill it out slowly with a drill press. Clamp the shock gently in a vise and have the eye on the drill press so that it's held flat and true. Definitely wouldn't want to free-hand it. A mill would be better but not everyone has one sitting around their garage. Kind of suck if you have to ship them back but ohh well.

Here is a comparison of the OEM strut vs the Stance for fronts. As you can see there is a ton of threading available under the lower spring seats for lowering these straight to the ground.

51c46f0ed3a111e1bfc622000a1cde39_7.jpg

Keep away from Fire or Frame? Lol

I'm ready to see pics of a car with these installed.

Update
Spoke with them this morning. They are going to redo the bottom mount on a couple rears and overnight them to me.

So was it a gen1, gen2 thing? Do they differ suspension wise?

The bolt that goes through the LCA is the same on both gens. Someone just made a mistake when it was produced. It is only off by a couple milometers.

They still have some OEM front/rear struts there at the shop so they are going to reference those when they bore out the ones they are sending to me.

so forgive the ignorance...but how is the ride? is it stiff as fck? comfortable?

Earlier post from him- "The dampening on them is insane. At 0 it is similar in stiffness to the eibach ride but if you crank it up to 15 you can sit on the fender and the suspension will not move the car up or down. Someone like Alax could crank these up to 15 and drift his car like a madman."

Earlier post from him- "The dampening on them is insane. At 0 it is similar in stiffness to the eibach ride but if you crank it up to 15 you can sit on the fender and the suspension will not move the car up or down. Someone like Alax could crank these up to 15 and drift his car like a madman."

I;m sure he read that much...but he still asked about the comfort..

Members online

No members online now.
Back