Official: Stance Coilover Thread

+1
Every day I wait to hear about that long lost billionaire relative that willed my all their money so I can afford fun stuff like this, but it never happens :(

You just need to turn off your email's spam filter then cross your fingers.

That makes me feel good that I'm not the only one :)

Coming from the man with an active thread on installing Jag heads. Like those are gonna be $69.95 each. LOL.
More like $250 per head.....plus shipping.

As my Father says......Value is what you place value on. :)

Coming from the man with an active thread on installing Jag heads. Like those are gonna be $69.95 each. LOL.
More like $250 per head.....plus shipping.

As my Father says......Value is what you place value on. :)

sooooooooo :D I want moar powers not moar lows, yet haha

Totally understand. Nothing wrong with more power if it is there to be had. I would like just a little lower...and I mean just a little.

Well a "set" of 2 would be four, but that's semantics. The pricing is for all 4 corners.

Just what I needed to know. The pictures only showed 2 coilovers so the assumption was only 2 in the box.

Compared to the Jag setup like someone said earlier and the products that are out for our cars I don't see how this is a terrible price. They need to make money too..:shifty:

Car is several hours away and work is crazy right now. Not sure how long it will be before I can get out to test them.
As for the concerns over the price, that's MSRP. Can you get them cheap; I'm not sure, is that a flexible price; No idea. Call Touge Factory, chit chat about them, see if they make sense. For what I'm building and doing, they are needed. If you're looking for height and dampening adjust-ability then you need these coilovers. You not only get those benefits, but also the performance aspect for when its needed.
You asked, I fought for them, buy them :).

Huge +1 on being able to have someone finally add a crucial component to the weak aftermarket for our cars. Just on that alone, there should be some of us who get behind it as soon as finances allow.

Huge +1 on being able to have someone finally add a crucial component to the weak aftermarket for our cars. Just on that alone, there should be some of us who get behind it as soon as finances allow.

makes me wonder if we show other companies that there is some companies getting into our after market if they might, as well. I think we could use this for more than just what we got here, I mean this is an even bigger opportunity yet.

makes me wonder if we show other companies that there is some companies getting into our after market if they might, as well. I think we could use this for more than just what we got here, I mean this is an even bigger opportunity yet.

Rollin had mentioned something about Spec Clutches making parts possibly. It would be nice if there was a legit company that could supply us like LSK used to.

Rollin had mentioned something about Spec Clutches making parts possibly. It would be nice if there was a legit company that could supply us like LSK used to.

that would be cool, I think once we get a couple three companies to supply aftermarket others would get on board, I may contact BBK as well as they are a fordish company, perhaps they could make us tb's and other intake bits.

Not to jump any guns at all but what I'm trying to do is show solid numbers. Be it to Touge or Bob's suspension that there is at least some money in these cars. That way I can make a business case for all these annoying parts that you've been asking for; bushings, control arms, and the other non-repairable-must-replace-the-whole-thing parts. But first, I have to make a business case for it.

Those seem like pretty stiff springs, especially for being adjustable. I am interested to see how they actually ride in daily driving, as I would be concerned about how rough they may be.

Absolutely right Alzimme. If another company were to call Touge for feedback on the LS market, the last thing we would need is them saying that it was a complete mistake.

I understand that, I agree, that we should give it some time, but I mean long term there may be room for growth, although with different parts markets it may not matter as much, say like how many people are buying the coil overs versus air intakes for a company like bbk to get involved. Now If this where to flop I know that KW, and Tein would never get into the market

I think KW quoted me at least 100 interested customers before they would even consider it.

yeah, that would be tough to find 100 people willing to drop that kind of coin, I am sure there are well over 100 people with LS's that would do it, but finding them and getting them on board would be tough

It would be nice if there was a legit company that could supply us like LSK used to.

This made me laugh a little... IIRC Max said he used to buy stuff from him and sell it on LSK. And now all the money taketh but no part giveth...

Anyway, carry on...

Kw makes coilovers for the thurnderbird which should fit the ls. They also make them for the s type but are the same as the s type r's so you will run into the compatibility issue sinc shocks for the s type r dont fit the ls, it has to be 98-2002 s type?

my only question or concern is, why would I buy these as I, and most others, will not be tracking our cars on the daily, 1300 to lower is a bit steep.
They are bad ass and I would kill to have them but at 1300, why not go with eibachs, or stalone selling his intrax springs. I do realize they are going to handle better than new springs alone, but only if you upgrade other suspension items as well.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, I just have my concerns as do others I am sure.

I love that some companies are getting into this car and aftermarket (finally)

Dude, this kind of attitude is not helping our case. " Yes, make aftermarket parts for the ls"......."You made the parts?"......." Oh why should I buy this, its too expensive, Nevermind, i dont want it"

Thats all that talk that killed Quik's supercharger group buy. Everyone wanted it, complaining about no FI for this car, too hard this and that. Here comes Quik to the rescue and more than 5 people said they could do it right then and there, once its done, nothing, BS. The least you could say is cool, glad those are made. Who cares if you think they are too expensive. If you're not even interested in coilovers, why are you saying they are too expensive.

We have no options for coilovers, beside the KW for the thunderbirds that cost 3k, or that other options used on the 4.6 ls ford made than run for 2400. 1300 for all 4 corners is a steal compared to those + being made when the LS no longer in production is a big risk and we should be thanking alzimme and stance for actually going through with it.

*leans over and lights his cigar from the flame*

Ahhhh, good times :)

Dude, this kind of attitude is not helping our case. " Yes, make aftermarket parts for the ls"......."You made the parts?"......." Oh why should I buy this, its too expensive, Nevermind, i dont want it"

Thats all that talk that killed Quik's supercharger group buy. Everyone wanted it, complaining about no FI for this car, too hard this and that. Here comes Quik to the rescue and more than 5 people said they could do it right then and there, once its done, nothing, BS. The least you could say is cool, glad those are made. Who cares if you think they are too expensive. If you're not even interested in coilovers, why are you saying they are too expensive.

We have no options for coilovers, beside the KW for the thunderbirds that cost 3k, or that other options used on the 4.6 ls ford made than run for 2400. 1300 for all 4 corners is a steal compared to those + being made when the LS no longer in production is a big risk and we should be thanking alzimme and stance for actually going through with it.

I do find it funny how you fail to quote the posts where I do agree with how great it is to have them, i was just making a point that it may be difficult to sell them as most people here are lowering their car for looks not performance. In that case they will look at the eibachs for 250, versus 1400. I think they are a decent price for what they are but a lot of money to spend.

But I think if they where to offer some different options at different price points it may do better. That will be for time to tell.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I love all the work that went into, I was just stating a concern to look at, with 1400 i would wonder what the profit margin will be and how much they could bring it down to make it worth it, yet get more sales making up the difference.

Look at it from a business standpoint, like with your grille, would you rather sell 100 of them making only 10 bucks off it and have tons off, now clients that will spread your word for more business, or make 150 off each one and sell 2 or 3, and now your name is not out as far as it may have been.

alax you are right ppl on here complain about price they want everything for nothing. look at all the vws those cars are worth less then ours and ppl and dumping some serious coin into those without even thinking about it. car modding is a life style you either love it or hate it. ive put twice the amount of money into my ls then i paid for it. i still want to keep on modding it just for the love of cars.

Of course people here complain about the price. After all, we do drive LSes.. :D

Alzimme did you go pick yours up yet?

I emailed them in the afternoon yesterday about wanting to order and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they email me soon

alax you are right ppl on here complain about price they want everything for nothing. look at all the vws those cars are worth less then ours and ppl and dumping some serious coin into those without even thinking about it. car modding is a life style you either love it or hate it. ive put twice the amount of money into my ls then i paid for it. i still want to keep on modding it just for the love of cars.

I'm not complaining about the price, I am just stating what I see. A lot of people here are not going to be willing to drop 1400 on shocks

Members online

Back