Official LS Picture Thread

Here's another pic straight from the camera. The shallow DOF really does come in handy if you only want to emphasize a certain aspect:

IMG_8195.gif

Like this?

alex.jpg

My 2 year old, Alex.

But that's straight from the camera, no editing. with my new 28-135mm lens :D I only resized it. I hate how photobucket reduces the pic quality.

Exactly. Now if I could only get rid of all the noise.

I dont think imagshack reduces the quality much if at all man. Im tellin yah, try it out!

its an old cell antenna on the windshield...the one on the roof is xm radio

trying to out whore pektel...lol

not gonna happen. ever. lol.

Pics look good. Looks like you need a paint correction though. Drive on up here. We'll get rid of the swirls/cobwebs.

hell yes I do...I've been researching paint correction lately...gonna give it a whirl soon. also my son rode his bike down the side of my car leaving a huge scratch from headlight to tail light...he lived, but barely....anyway, I don't know if its fixable or not...

maybe. You will be able to tone it down. How deep is the scratch? Can you catch a fingernail in it?

Those parts won't go away.

But first start by using a compound with the porter cable 7424 (the buffer you should buy if you want to do paint correction.) Use Meguiar's M105 compound with it with an orange foam or purple prefoamed wool pad from lake country. That will get out as much of the scratch as possible by buffing. You will need to follow with a white or black foam LC pad, and Meguiar's 205 finishing polish.

For what remains: What I would suggest is using touch up paint. Use just enough to barely overfill the scratch. Then, carefully wetsand the overfilled area until it's level with the existing paint surface. Then buff out the sanding marks.

Before wetsanding, I would tape off the scratch. About an inch away on either side. That way, you don't get carried away with the sanding. Don't use anything harsher than 1500 grit. Then follow with 2000. Be careful, sand lightly, and check your progress VERY often. I only sand for a couple seconds, then check my work. You have very little paint to work with.

what touch up paint do you recomend? like the nail polish brush type, or the pen? I assume I should polish first, then touch up whats left?

Sorry, I edited my first post.

I would get a touch up pen from www.paintscratch.com.

Really doesn't matter though. As long as you let the paint completely cure before trying to manipulate it by sanding/buffing.

Oh, and make sure to clean out the area first by using Kleen Strip Prep All. If you don't have it, just use Isopropyl alcohol. That will get rid of any wax on the surface.

thanks for the tutorial...I really want to get it done soon...I'm tired of rollin ls laughing at me for it. Plus I get mad at my poor son all over again everytime I see it...:D

I have a buffer...its a black and decker I think..just a plain old high speed buffer...dpends on how expensive xmas gets whether I can afford to buy a new one or not. Got a new member of the family due here in Feb. also :)

next question...since its basecoat clearcoat....do I clear it...then sand and buff....or no clear ....or clear after?

Congrats on the "upcoming arrival." :D The gf is bugging me for kid #2. I don't want to give up more free time just yet.

About the clearcoat/basecoat... Some toudhup paints are single stage. That would definitely be easier if you could get a SS touchup paint. Of course it doesn't have to be identical (though that would be ideal), just close enough to camoflauge the scratch. No matter what as long as you get it sanded and buffed properly, it will look a million times better. And no one else but you will notice it. Trust me, there are areas on my car that drive me crazy, but no one else notices them.

thanks pektel... i'll take pics and prolly ask questions as i go..

nice shots john...did you ever track down you drvers lisence?

Members online

No members online now.
Back