Official 5th Annual Boscboel Beach Party Thread

Going to finish my tint later tonight, right after I get the front end rebuilt.

My wife is getting tired of me talking about this meet so much.

:D

Ah Mike once she meets us then she will understand. :D:shifty::D:shifty:

she can't complain if her mouth is full, so go get her a cheeseburger....or something

I just realized that this party is getting closer and closer.....

I guess that means I should start doing some stuff to the car....

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

i keep realizing that its getting closer with a sense of panic cause i can't get anything done! i'm excited to get up there though.

I just realized that this party is getting closer and closer.....

I guess that means I should start doing some stuff to the car....

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

did you ever get that cobra intake installed?

OK ....

I have planned Friday Night's activity ....

You will be able to do this as teams or as an individual

Cost will be $5.00 per person (which will act as the cash prize for the winning team)

I am also working on other prizes for 2nd, 3rd, and .... others ...

I'm sure you will get a kick out of this activity and have a lot of fun with it.

So plan on an extra $5 ....

Oh .... looking at some of the old Beach Party threads ... may be helpful for Friday Night's activity ...

Study them hard ... LOL .....

Hmmmmm will the activity involve Mad 357. :D

Last edited:
No....Been thinking bout selling it.....New job is 45min away and I don't really want to mess with the driveabality too much.

i thought that driveability was better with a cobra intake. Revved faster and smoother. Also got about 1.5mpg better. It did take away some of the low end torq though and there isn't much of that to spare in the first place.

i thought that driveability was better with a cobra intake. Revved faster and smoother. Also got about 1.5mpg better. It did take away some of the low end torq though and there isn't much of that to spare in the first place.

I more so said that cause I was gonna put gears in with it but im thinking it will just stay stock

The VIII is at the alignment shoppe, getting a new set of 275-40-18 tires for the front. The previous alignment place jacked up the caster and scrubbed the outer edge of my nitto555s down to the cord. They agreed to go halvsies on two new ones.

Mike

rich incase you don't remenber anatomy everone has something to set on. some more than others an some to talk thru did i say that.

The VIII is at the alignment shoppe, getting a new set of 275-40-18 tires for the front. The previous alignment place jacked up the caster and scrubbed the outer edge of my nitto555s down to the cord. They agreed to go halvsies on two new ones.

Mike

Wow - they must have really had your caster toasted... I can't remember the last time we saw that type of tire damage from bad caster. Bad camber - all the time, or worn ball joints maybe.

If caster is out usually it just is a handling issue. Usually one side or the other is out and it makes for wandering. We often set caster quite a bit positive to bite into corners - it will also have the effect of changing the camber slightly as you turn - another good thing for corner handling. But the camber only pushes out in the turns - so it really doesn't affect the tire wear. Unless Mike you are constantly going up Pikes Peak....

And for that matter....

Dave, Kyle and I enjoy running HOT laps through the Garden of the Gods late at night. LOTS of sharp corners and sweeping at speed curves.

Me thinks you would enjoy it.

Well all I'm heading to our cottage for the weekend. Hope you all have a great forth, then start getting things ready for the Beach Party.

Next week will be a big week for me ... Make sure house is ready, finalize my new cruise route, and finish playing with my Marks.

I'm getting excited ....

The cruise is going to be on Saturday. We will be going to the park for the 5th year presentation around noon and should depart for the cruise around 1 pm.

12 days until I leave for the meet and hook up with Debi at Indy. :shifty: :D :shifty: :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back