no more tint

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
tonight i spent a few hours taking all my gay california legal tint off and tomorrow i will have my mafia black tint put on. i have an appointment at 10 am to have the 97 retinted 5% limo black all the way and the entire windshield will be 40% black cant you say " i cant see inside that car"
everyone called my 98 lsc the mafia car because of the tint now i'm bringing it back to life through my 97, only my 98 didnt have a tinted windshield, the thing is gonna look so sick. it looks like doo doo right now, but i have to admit it was nice driving it home tonight i could see everything so crystal clear, and my mirrors auto-dimmed for the first time since i have owned it lol!
notint.jpg

notint2.jpg

I would love some infrared rejecting 80% on my windshield, but 40% is really pushing it IMO.

thats good, because i like to push it, my old lowrider chevy silverado was tinted 5 % even the windshield and it was sick!!!

I have had 5% all around and 35% on the windshield and it's really not as bad as you would think. You can see fine at night and it is near impossible to see in. This was on a different car though and back in 2002. I could just imagine what it's going to look like on his car. Jamie, you're gonna love it during the day, when it's hot and sunny out. So much cooler inside with the windshield done.

Granted, the dark windows on a vehicle look pretty cool, i just cant for the life of me want to pay the city $135.00 for illegal tint tickets.

I dont know how Fla. is on enforcing tint laws, but here, they are obsessed with ticketing illegal tinted windows. its an easy ticket for them to write and it makes a ton of money for the municipalities.

i dont know about you, but the economy is tighter than bark on a tree here, and i refuse to pay for uneccessary tickets...lol, but dayym it looks cool...:cool:

Cops here in Madison and Huntsville have their personal cars done the same way Jamie is having his done, well, the crooked cops are but the tint shop I use was the one doing it until a rookie cop wrote the owners son a ticket for his SUV having 5% on the side windows. Now he tells any and all cops to go find another tint shop because he's not even doing legal tint for any police anymore. He was doing all of their under cover cars and some city cars.

Business isn't down at all for him. Every time I go there, the shop is always full as he has contracts with dealerships and doesn't need the cops / city business. A large amount of the public goes there too.

lol, I have legal tint and still had to pay $100, now how fukked up is that? This is why I have a prescription in the works. Piss on cops and their tickets.

Just showing proof of what a State trooper wrote me and I actually went to trial on this and still had to pay $100 and I have 35% all the way around. 4 other meters from different police depts. have been on my windows since this ticket but the DA said it was here say. Check out his percentages lol.

scan0001.gif

I've got Limo tint on every window of my car except the front. No tint on the front. I'm happy with just the sides and back. I don't think I would feel safe driving at night with the front windshield tinted. Where I live, it gets really dark at night, and they don't use a lot of street lamps.

I've been pulled over 2 different times for it in other states. One officer's meter said 3%, and the other's said 2%.

I need to replace the tint on the back window though. It's starting to peel after over 6 years. What's the best way to take it off?

Here's a picture of how dark it is. You can't see through it at all, unless there's a window open on the other side and it's super sunny out....
IMG_0826.jpg

i like the dark tint as well mine is all 5%. 98linc my tint guy told me for the back window to spray water on the inside and then put black plastic trash bags on there let it sit in the sun for a few hours and it comes off. Or you could use a steamer and steam it off.

I've got Limo tint on every window of my car except the front. No tint on the front. I'm happy with just the sides and back. I don't think I would feel safe driving at night with the front windshield tinted. Where I live, it gets really dark at night, and they don't use a lot of street lamps.

I've been pulled over 2 different times for it in other states. One officer's meter said 3%, and the other's said 2%.

I need to replace the tint on the back window though. It's starting to peel after over 6 years. What's the best way to take it off?

Almost sounds like you have 2% on yours instead of 5% which I know you didn't specify your percentage but I bet you have 2%. They make a 2% because that's what my tint guy has on his SUV all around and he had 5% on the drivers & passenger windows and 80% on the entire windshield. Now he has the same except where the 5% was, it now has 35%.

As for removing from the back window, honestly, I would take it and have it done. If it was fresh (week or less) you could do it yourself pretty easy, still time consuming.

The last time I took mine down and had the 15% removed from the rear window, he had me back the car in under a heater and it's aimed right at the back window. He let it set for 30 min and then took it right out and cleaned it up within 10 min.
If you do decide to pull it off yourself, I found that getting a good corner started and pulling quickly. You might get lucky and have no residue since your tint is so thick and old. I'd just pay to have it done right.

Here is a teaser pic of Jamie's car. I had to bluetooth it from my phone to the laptop. I'm sure he has more pics to show when he comes on. 50% was applied to the windshield instead of 35%

0828101725.gif

driving the car you cannot tell the windshield is tinted at all, but standing outside looking in you can. i'll take some pics tomorrow with my real camera the phone cam takes decent pics but not like what i want, it looks insane they did a killer job, took then just under 4 hours, i watched them heat shrink the back window and he windshield i am glad they have patience because i would have smashed everything in my shop in less than 2 minutes!! as far as he windshield being tinted it doesnt look any different driving in the dark i can see perfectly fine.

damn love the look of the tinted windshield, i just dont need to give the man any more reasons to stop me

Man I would have loved to tint my door windows 5% and maybe a 50% on the windshield but I would get pulled over like crazy! Already been stopped twice for tint and once was given a $231 ticket. I have 5% on the rears and 20% n the doors. I figured if the cops saw a darkness difference they wuld be less likely to pull me over.

Anywho, looks killer Jamie! And I will try not to ruin this thread too. :p

Wow it does look awesome from the front... Take some pics from the inside... I would be interested in seeing what it would look like.

Members online

No members online now.
Back