no more tint

i will tomorrow but seriously from inside, during the day, looking out looks no different than a non tinted windshield. i'll take some good pics tomorrow, i could take a shot from inside with the headlights on to give you a feel for it at night.

ok this first picture is with no flash on, looking through the windshield at my garage.
tintpics211.jpg

and this is the very same picture, no flash, looking through my driverside door at the garage lol.....

tintpics212.jpg

and this picture is looking out the windshield with only my low beams on, and i waited for the street light to shut off, it goes off about every 10 minutes!
tintpics215.jpg

Wow thats not bad. Looks great tinting all the way around would be great for an AZ summer!

Did they go easy on the tint law down there? I remember when they were getting bad because a cop got shot. But anyway your car looks great like that!

thanks man! i cant wait to put it back on air and have an asham 8 or whatever else i can put in it to lower it like bill's

my coil kit will pay for the module and whatever else i'll need to go back to air, i do love the way my car rides though i have yet to go in another mark VIII that rides like mine it feels in no way like a mark VIII the bitch is tight and handles like its on rails.

i'm very happy with the job they did, best part was they did it in my shop so i got to see all of it and knew no one was :q:q:q:qing around with my car.

Jamie, be very careful. You've crossed a thin line as far as the law is concerned. Tinters are not supposed to go past that line on the windshield that is up towards the top. It's about even with the rear view mirror. I can't speak for Florida, but Texas don't play that. Laser and Sapperfire, don't you even think of doing it. :p Otherwise it looks sweet. I tinted my CE today. I did 5% on the back and 20% in the front.

greg i know its illegal you think i give a :q:q:q:q!!!!! all the pinellas sherriff's cars have tinted windshields too. there is far too much going on in florida like cops getting murdered, babies being thrown out of moving cars on the highways, kids beinf abducted, stores getting robbed, club fights turning into shootings and drunk driving accidents for them to bust someone who is obeying the law over their tint, you should see the tint on our local emergency vehicles here. i am not worried about the tint.

greg i know its illegal you think i give a :q:q:q:q!!!!! all the pinellas sherriff's cars have tinted windshields too. there is far too much going on in florida like cops getting murdered, babies being thrown out of moving cars on the highways, kids beinf abducted, stores getting robbed, club fights turning into shootings and drunk driving accidents for them to bust someone who is obeying the law over their tint, you should see the tint on our local emergency vehicles here. i am not worried about the tint.

You say that now. We have places robbed, troopers being killed on the side of the road, drunk driving accidents but I still ran across "that one ass hole cop" that gave me a ticket for legal tint. I really hope you get to keep it because it's bad ass but I'm afraid that windshield is going to give you away and it's going to be during the day, not at night. Cloudy days make tint look darker. Just be prepared to do a rip off but again, I hope it stays. It made it look even better than it already did. Might not hurt to visit the eye doctor and just try to get a prescription to have what you have. Might end up being worth it one day if you do get pulled over. You might get pulled over a few times but once they get to know the car, they'll leave you alone.

Yeah that totally makes me want to tint my windshield, great looking car Jamie. If I get into the local sheriff's office I think I'll just have to do the tint and try my luck with the "other" local law enforcement.

florida police have a no rip off tint policy anymore. they give you a $90 dollar fine, you can go pay it and leave the tint, get caught again and its $180. if you peel the tint they call it a fix it ticket, you show them its been removed, they drop the ticket.

Jamie the tint looks awesome. I've been debating getting 50% put on the windshield of the LS. You made up my mind with the pics from inside your Mark.

Yeah that totally makes me want to tint my windshield, great looking car Jamie. If I get into the local sheriff's office I think I'll just have to do the tint and try my luck with the "other" local law enforcement.
If you get dark tint/windshield tint, and work for a police department park far away from work if you drive. Had a buddy, that parked his dark tinted truck out front, get pulled into the sheriff's office, because someone came in complaining about a tint ticket and his windows were just as dark.

If you get dark tint/windshield tint, and work for a police department park far away from work if you drive. Had a buddy, that parked his dark tinted truck out front, get pulled into the sheriff's office, because someone came in complaining about a tint ticket and his windows were just as dark.

Heh, that's kinda humorous. Good point though, I probably wouldn't have thought much about it. I'd probably keep the Mark VIII away from work for the most part anyway, being that it doesn't have mufflers (my TBird SC too, it has mufflers but is still louder than my Mark.) But I'd have a take home car after 3 months of OJT, and there's an enclosed lot for SO cars in the back of the substation..

Members online

No members online now.
Back