New Mark owner

Blkdvll

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Steven and I just recently became the new owner of a '97 LSC. Car has 44k miles, and I am the third owner. It came with all receipts including window sticker. The car has some minor common issues; autolamps, rear neon, damaged front bags, etc. Luckly, I'm coming to find out this is a great site with A LOT of information. I look forward to being a part of this community for quite some time.

Only mods to the car when I purchased it were 20% tint all the way around, and cross-drilled/slotted rotors up front. It now has straight pipes using the factory LSC tips, and also have removed the intake silencer.

Here are a few pictures and a video:
DSCN1738.jpg

DSCN1743.jpg

DSCN1739.jpg

th_MarkVIIIExhaust-1.jpg

Very nice example of a clean Mark VIII thumbs up on your purchase.

Thanks for the compliments and welcomes.

I'm trying this new body wash, it's suppose to help prevent the Mod Bug from taking hold. :p Truth is since the economy took a dump, it put myself and my little family into a financial bind for the forseeable future. Having a 2yr old also doesn't help at all :(. I would LIKE TO do gears (4.10/4.30's), Kooks, Pullys, and a custom tune....but refering to what I just said, it looks like I will have to settle for routine maintenance and maybe the Jmod.

Thanks for the compliments and welcomes.

I'm trying this new body wash, it's suppose to help prevent the Mod Bug from taking hold. :p Truth is since the economy took a dump, it put myself and my little family into a financial bind for the forseeable future. Having a 2yr old also doesn't help at all :(. I would LIKE TO do gears (4.10/4.30's), Kooks, Pullys, and a custom tune....but refering to what I just said, it looks like I will have to settle for routine maintenance and maybe the Jmod.

I hear ya on that, no family of my own but I had to sell my mark due to a job and economy. Hopefully it gets better for you and your family so you can do what you'd like to do to your new found beast.

I hear ya on that, no family of my own but I had to sell my mark due to a job and economy. Hopefully it gets better for you and your family so you can do what you'd like to do to your new found beast.

Thank you for the well wishes and same goes out to you.

In the spring, I WILL, and I mean WILL, get my valve covers painted and get a nice set of coil covers to go with them. Not sure if I want Red or Silver Frost yet though.

GOSH ANOTHER GEN 2?!!? whats wrong with the gen 1's people cmon?!? anyways great car btw. looks super clean. and 3rd owner? good find im the 3rd owner on mine too!

Thank you for the well wishes and same goes out to you.

In the spring, I WILL, and I mean WILL, get my valve covers painted and get a nice set of coil covers to go with them. Not sure if I want Red or Silver Frost yet though.

I think that ford racing blue would like amazing on that car. Then get billet coil covers and I think that would all look incredible. Further down the line swap over to a cobra manifold and get a cobra CAI in the same color silver as your car and underneath that hood will be smokin' hott!!!!

I think that ford racing blue would like amazing on that car. Then get billet coil covers and I think that would all look incredible. Further down the line swap over to a cobra manifold and get a cobra CAI in the same color silver as your car and underneath that hood will be smokin' hott!!!!

Great minds must really think alike....because that's exactly what I was thinking. That or RED :burnout:

damn she clean. only 44k you got a looooooooooooooooooong time to go with her i think i rolled 170k just before i put it away for winter and still runnin strong
:W to :V

Steven,

That is one sweet looking (and sounding) Mark VIII. Congratulations and welcome!

James
'97 Base (Pewter Gray)
116K miles
'96 Base (Cypress Gold Frost)
85K miles

I have to say, that was one of the best introductions of ones self onto this board. Name, year of car, pictures, video and btw, hearing yours just made my mind up on what I'm doing with my exhaust. I also have some 97 tips that I'll be putting on my 94. Putting it in the air tomorrow to get it ready for the J-Modded 98 trans install. Exhaust to follow!

Good looking car you have. Welcome to LVC!

rich i dont part gen 1's anymore, no money in them at all. hey steve welcome to lvc, you'll love it here if you can get along with smart ass's and dickheads lol, most of us are, and i mean it in a good way. great looking 97.

Your Mark is beautiful, I am a LS guy, but I am looking for a Mark. Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forum.

Your Mark is beautiful, I am a LS guy, but I am looking for a Mark. Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forum.

HA!!!! I knew it!!!!!!

Once you get into a mark you will forget that slow 4 door ;)

Blkdvll Welcome to LVC

Members online

Back